It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact check: US border violence actually on the decline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Fact check: US border violence actually on the decline

rawstory.com

Crime in US border towns is down. Tucson and Laredo, Texas have all reported a reduction in violent crime in the past year, while El Paso has one of the lowest violent crime rates of all American cities.

And more than 20,000 border patrol agents now guard the border -- an 80 percent increase since 2004 and the largest number in history, according to ABC.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement detained and deported a record 387,790 unauthorized immigrants across the U.S. in 2009,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Some might call this a good thing and some might call it a bad thing. I do want to point out that this is a study by one news group. Another could come up with a very different response for the same thing. It should also be noted that the decline in violence might be because of the increased border security and the record numbers of deportations.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That article claims that the violence is down, yet all they seem to have numbers on are the detention and deportation of illegal immigrants, and the added border patrol agents. I don't see any actual numbers on the amount of crime in those border towns.

Teen gets 40 years for killing Border Patrol agent

www.google.com...

This border patrol agent was killed less than a year ago.

And this.....

Official: Suspect in AZ Ranch Death Recently in US

A law enforcement official said Monday a man suspected of fatally shooting a cattle rancher near the Arizona-Mexico border was a Mexican who was recently in the United States.

abcnews.go.com...

This happened less than a month ago.

When I stop seeing things like this, I might give that report some credence.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Chise
thanks for posting.
You gave some good references, thank you.
I do agree with your assessment. The crimes may not be down as much as the report leads us to believe.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Ah, Maybe Phoenix AZ need to jump up in joy and rebut the name of being called the Capital of Kidnapping of the ENTIRE WORLD.

Border Violence Threatens American Cities

The killings last month in the Mexican border town of Ciudad Juarez of two U.S. citizens, including an employee at the city's U.S. Consulate, along with the slaying of an Arizona rancher, have fueled concerns among U.S. officials that Americans are becoming fair game for Mexican drug gangs seeking control of smuggling routes into the United States.

I wouldn't chose ABC as the deliverer of the news, do some more searching around and you would come to the conclusion that violence has actually kept steady pace or has grown.

Drug use and violence becoming more rampant at the AZ-Mexico Border

In regards to Illegal Immigration, I also mention about the numbers that the POTUS is throwing around as Illegal Immigration is declining is a blatant LIE.

Obama is Lying on ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION Declining

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Prionace
thanks for posting

Thanks for the links, it is good to know there is still plenty of information out there that shows things may not be what is being reported.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Deny Ignorance

Well,what about crime in the rest of the country committed by illegal aliens?

This report is very misleading.

The truth is all law enforcement agencies nation wide have had to hire thousands of officers just to deal with all these interlopers.

Prisons and jails are over crowded,and taxes of all honest and legal residents and citizens are expended because of all these dishonest people.

They do not even respect the rule of law that sustains any society.

Rule of Law,

Where the law is subject to some other authority and has none of its own, the collapse of the state, in my view, is not far off; but if law is the master of the government and the government is its slave, then the situation is full of promise and men enjoy all the blessings that the gods shower on a state.

I suggest reading up on Violent non-state actor and while you are at it read upon Ochlocracyand how it relates to the situation the American society has found itself in.

What is being attempted and what most average American citizens can not comprehend is this Majoritarianism.

Pay attention to this statement.

In particular, a majority cannot exclude a minority from future participation in the democratic process. It should be noted, as it's often a subject of misunderstanding, that majoritarianism does not prohibit a decision being made by representatives as long as this decision is made via majority rule, as it can be altered at any time by any different majority emerging in the future.

Deny Ignorance

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Oneolddude
Thanks for your responce.
Also for the links. There is some wisdom in what you had to say.

new topics

top topics

join