It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most important question. Are they hostile? NO!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke Idea

Good job on the first video!!
I'm going to watch the second one. I like your style. back later.

ETA: I think you make some good points in both your videos. I think we run amiss when we tend to guess at their motives by our own standards, as Seagull said on the first page. We might still be alive on this Earth simply because we don't matter enough..............yet........ to take further steps.

Also, me simple human creature, have a hard time considering an entity benevolent that chooses to sneak in the dead of night and abduct people without their consent. If this is a real phenomenon (and I believe it is), then 'they' might well have valid motives from their own perspective for doing so. ......... but it ain't cooperation.

'They' do it because they can, and our sensibilities be damned. Sort of like when humans dart and tag wild animals. I'm sure it scares the crap out of them, and it might even benefit them to some degree, tracking them, but is that really benevolent toward the other Earth animals, or is it just what we want to do, regardless of their wishes?

[edit on 20/5/10 by argentus]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

"I do, however have great admiration for the organization and hivemind of the ants, and I'm very grateful they didn't evolve to be 100 times their current size. The outcome would've been very different. I don't go out of my way to smite them. That doesn't make me their friend. "

And this is the "Pandora's" box you have just opened. Great analogy.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Thanks! Yes. Now to further than analogy, what if the ants began to organize and invade to the point where they posed a detriment to, say, my food stocks, or as they sometimes do, clog up electrical contacts by their little bodies being fried between the contacts, thus causing the device to malfunction (water pump switches, a/c brushes, etc.).

In spite of my superior technology and supposed intellect, will I still be considered to be indifferent when I load a sprayer with cypermethrin and wipe them out? I think they'd consider that hostile. I think (within context of this analogy) I would choose to monitor them more closely.

I'm certainly not going to wait until the fire ants get to my bedroom before I do something about it.

They don't seem to posess the tools to communicate with me, so what are my choices? I can wait to see if they choose a course less dangerous for their community, but in the final analysis, I don't respect their lives as I do my own.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the ones who are here now do not see us as equals to say they are anything but hostile and nefarious in their own goals is shortsighted. it is hard not to be pessimistic about our current stay of affairs. the number of missing people and abduction cases are increasing every single year.

it is all going to end in a hush, not a loud bang.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Argentus thanks so much for your insight and kind words

I think your analogy is near perfect minus one aspect.

Throughout many of these posts I see the same common error.

That is, the anthropomorphisaztion (sp) of these beings. To be sure some or most do look like us (reference "The Disclosure Project") but that doesn't mean we can assume they think, feel, or act like humans. In other words, we are giving human characteristics to a non-human entity, that is the meaning of anthropomorphism for anyone who doesn't know.

This mistake in logic can be made clear by the way humans anthropomorphize other animals, such as dogs, cats, birds, and sometimes even objects. Believing that they are the same as humans in some respect, when in fact it has been shown that dogs have a far higher tolerance for pain than humans. It goes on and on.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No they are not hostile,if they were and really wanted to harm us are take over our world they would have done so already,i think we are just a experiment to them,we are the same if we find a stange animal that we know nothing about we would study it,take samples from them etc,i don't think i heard of them doing a human autopsy,as we have supposely done to them,Roswell

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Would a master be seen as hostile to his domesticated animals - dogs, chicken, cows,horses?

No they would not. Such animals are domesticated, and serve a purpose for the master - the dogs guard the barn and sheeps, the chicken lays eggs, the cows tilled the land and horses for transportation as well as race game breeding.

They are resources, and so long as these animals serve their purpose, the master have no reason to ill treat or kill them off.

Similarly, we humans are domesticated beings, a human resource to serve our masters. There can no longer be denial that we had been visited by ancient aliens since our 'presumed' civilisation began.

Aliens exists. And should they be able to travel light year distances, think of the economics that made them travel. No one, no being would build such interstellar ships for fun, or it is created by magic.

Someone has to develope the technology for it, some will have to build it, either paid or by forced labour. It's all about economics.

To come here, they would have a purpose, and that is for our mineral resources to complement their economic prowess. We may not even be the only planet or star system mined for resources.

Rather than to create robots that would need maintenance and further resources, biological beings capable of reproduction are a better alternative to live off the land to serve the masters, the way our domesticated animals had served us.

They may have interacted with our ancestors in the past, but as they are in the minority and vulnerable, it would be better that humankind be selected as puppets to serve in their stead to rule mankind and manage their needs.

Should the human leaders displease the masses, the master simply let those leaders be eliminated or voted out by the masses, and then replace them with another set of puppets of the masters choice.

Make no mistakes, we humans are only nothing more than domestic animals, a resource to be be used, and manipulated with lies and deception to believe we are the masters ourselves. the way an animal presume itself free.

Rather than to expose themselves to us, being of a minority compared to the masses, and should the masses know the truth of their existance and purpose, they would fear the upraising that will eventually come.

Thus they live under the seas, and on uninhabited landmass such as the mysterious Antarctica.

They do have the power to destroy us, but which farmer would willing wipe out his capital resources? Which is we had not been harmed physically, but within our bodies, we will never really know what chemicals we had been taking to make us continually subservient.

And like any other economic beings that our true masters are, they too will face social problems of their own, for good and evil exists within the universe and is often a matter of interpretation.

As there are those beings that seek to enslave mankind, there are equally similar beings out there whom sought to free mankind...but only if we know Who is the Way and the Light( the source and not the bringer)......

PS: May you consider my post, and share it with your social circle for discussions. Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Reality check
What are YOU talking about...when you say if YOU keep shooting at US? Do you claim to be some sort of alien intelligence
Reality check indeed.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by CaptGizmo]

Yes ... But, not without what I feel is just cause.

You can view my evidence at alien.wolfmagick.com.... It is still incomplete, but it is all very real.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Man this post is disinfo...They are here and have been running this planet for awhile...and for the people who argue this point "they are not hostile because they would have killed us already" It's like an older brother picking up the younger brothers hand and slapping him with it while chanting YOUR SLAPPING YOURSELF YOUR SLAPPING YOURSELF! They fluoridate our water and continue to put high fructose corn syrup and aspartame in our food...While starting wars so we obliterate ourselves...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
SeekerofTruth, I apologize if I may sound ignorant but it's hard for me to tell whether or not you're being serious. Economics, minerals, and slaves!? What!?

Isn't it relatively clear that any species capable of interstellar travel DOES NOT NEED OUR RESOURCES (caps). Apparently I didn't make it clear enough in my second vid (assuming you watched). The technology involved in the means of propulsion implies this. Even on earth, we have the tech to transmute certain elements through advanced methods. Imagine what a civilizations 5,000 years more advanced could do.

I will think more about what you've said. And I do appreciate you're arguments.

NWO what makes you think this is the doing of E.T's. Am I missing something. Keep in mind the likelihood that some humans have been in position of some really strange stuff for several decades at the least (Read The Day After Roswell).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Are you talking to me?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yes, sorry I forgot your full name once I started replying lol

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I understand your doubts. 15 million present era people on Earth had seen UFOs and wondered why they are here. Even the govts admitted their presence, but do not know their intentions.

The only ones capable of knowing and have the technology to unravel its mysteries are the US, Russian and China govt,but they aint telling, despite credible witnesses from scientists, police, pilots and soldiers who had witness down UFO crafts.

Throughout history, such extra-terresterial intelligence had left tell tale signs behind, with megalithic structures that cannot be built by cavemen, and advance astronomy which cannot be credited with simple masons, as well as far reaching regulations for a civilisation to grow which cannot be possible from barbaric darwinic apes that we once were.

Many like you presume that advance extra-terresterial civilisations would be capable of alchemy. Any present day scientist worth his salt will tell you that is a pipe dream, even for millions of years more, more so with precious rare elements.

And suppose, just suppose they could, then they would have no reason to even travel out to space at all! Why bother? They would have all they need to live redolent lives, synthezising everything they need.

Therefore, if you were to believe in the existance of aliens, then you will have to consider 'WHY' they travelled, and the economic aspects of it, because a space craft with all its components and parts cannot be manufactured through 'alchemy', no way!

Labour would be a pre-requisite. And with labour comes incentives and the necessary means to offer such incentives and efforts.

One word - details. Don't just buy the theory. Look into the details.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Ancient paintings and scripture from cultures around the world and watching live tv and watching there eyes turn either cat-like or completely black while they spit there propaganda.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Appreciate the replies amigos that gives me more than too much to talk about lol

Seeker, I can absolutely relate to the way you are looking at it.

But consider the idea that they may simply be here because care about humans (which they may even have a stake in creating). They might see great potential for intelligence and love, despite all our short comings.

What do you think about this idea?

Peace

Luke

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
To the OP, as I said in your youtube video, malicious ETs are here. It has been proven to me without a shadow of a doubt. I know its just my word to you. But its definitely reality. I have had hundreds of horrible encounters with greys and reptilians. They do things to me frequently. And I have had some telepathic contact with them. It is 100% proven to me.

But that being said TPTB probably plan on using ETs as a fear mongering tool. And I am against that. I dont mind people thinking all ETs are good. lol. Knowing they are here is a good step in the right direction

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
Absolutely they are not hostile. That is, those with the capability to journey here.

Had they been hostile they would have wasted us already. It stands to reason.

Wiping us out is only one of many things they could possibly do.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
No they are not hostile,if they were and really wanted to harm us are take over our world they would have done so already,i think we are just a experiment to them,we are the same if we find a stange animal that we know nothing about we would study it,take samples from them etc,i don't think i heard of them doing a human autopsy,as we have supposely done to them,Roswell

What people dont get is exopolitics. Who protects us from the worst? There are 2 sides to this situation(ETs). All of the 'they would just kill us all' type comments, are not taking into account 2 different parties of negative, and positive interacting and overstanding.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Myuzic, if you are serious I would love to hear more. I am open minded and It seems like your are too.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL

Ancient paintings and scripture from cultures around the world and watching live tv and watching there eyes turn either cat-like or completely black while they spit there propaganda.

lol dude, really what IS the point of you being on this board?

It's obvious your opinions are SET IN STONE, so really any kind of discussion with you is pointless as you don't even back up your claims unless loosely and ridiculous such as eyes turning black.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontblink
I find it difficult to believe that all alien intelligence is benevolent, however I like to believe at least some or most of it is.

I'd like to believe that too.

I'd also like to believe that people are judged by their inner qualities and what they do and not how they look. Unfortunately what I'd like to believe in the second case has proven to not always be true, and we could be wrong about the first case too (about some or most alien intelligence being benevolent).

I like what science fiction has done with this question, especially in shows like the "To Serve Man" episode of the Twilight Zone, where humans were raised as cattle and eaten but they didn't know it, and "V" where the aliens pretend to be benevolent, but they really aren't. Well, the leaders aren't, but that show is even better because it shows the complexity that a few of them like the fifth column really are on our side.

To Serve Man:

Think about it, just ask the same question about us, "are humans benevolent"? It's a complicated question. The rapists and murderers in jail might not have been, but some may have found God and become reformed people, and some bad people might still be free. It's a complicated question where the answer may not be so simple.

Or the aliens may see us like we see ants, we just pave a street over their ant colony without even thinking about whether we are benevolent or what our intent is. I don't think we're paving the street to be hostile to ants, are we? Though from the ants point of view it could seem hostile. And in the context of alien species a million years ahead of us, we could be the ants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join