It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most important question. Are they hostile? NO!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Rather than type up a huge comment I made two vids on Youtube please watch and respond I need some good argument

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Luke Idea]

Please do not just post video links. Comments are required.

Please read: Starting a New Thread?

(This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on May 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Absolutely they are not hostile. That is, those with the capability to journey here.

Had they been hostile they would have wasted us already. It stands to reason.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not hostile....hmmmm. Have you ever given to the thought that maybe all we are is nothing more than cattle being raised for a food source or some other source of substance to them. Ever wonder where the thousands of missing people go every year never to be found or seen again? Makes me wonder.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Ever given any thought to the number of survivors in a herd of cattle? Reality check! it almost zero ... Humans eat most of them ... and the population of Earth keeps growing. If you were being kept as "cattle" then it would be more reasonable that 10's of millions would go "missing" every year, not just a few thousand.

Also, if you keep shooting at us, how long do you think we will take it? Truth is, YOU are the hostile ones.

Etharzi od Oma.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think just as importantly to ask:

CAN they be hostile? They may not be but there has been reported incidents in UFO/Alienology of harm being caused by them-both by intention and not.

I think for the most part, they don't want to be bothered with us-for whatever reason. Most encounters are by chance, if you believe them to begin with.

And, are you considering Cattle Mutilations as hostile or are we talking only towards human?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Are they hostile.

Who? The unhostile ones? This question provokes the psyche to promote its favorable outcome.
As we tend to refer 'they' to something we already have set in our minds.

It's difficult to assume that any entity capable of interstellar travel is not hostile.

Ask the two men who ate each other (cannibalism) in germany, if what they did was wrong. No they don't think so. Their intentions are not hostile nor wrong. You can't ask the question of wether or not an alien entity is going to be bad or good, hostile or not, right or wrong. It is undeniably arbitrary and absolutely relative.

They will be all possible potentials.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
When it comes to discussing alien life, whether as visitations here, to which I'm a bit skeptical though willing to be convinced, or elsewhere, to which I'm firmly convinced they're out there; you must remember not to fall prey to anthropomorphizing, or giving human attributes to things not human.

Hostile/non-hostile may not apply. Our brand of intelligence may not apply for that matter. They may be so wierd as to defy our understanding.

We will, in our journey to the stars, encounter strange creatures who stretch the very definition of what constitutes life. Life in myriad forms and shapes. We can not allow ourselves to chain ourselves to anthropomorphically correct definitions of what constitutes life. To do is to possibly miss life that's out there to be found.

Hostile/non-hostile may not even matter.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Hostile/non-hostile may not apply. Our brand of intelligence may not apply for that matter. They may be so wierd as to defy our understanding.

Yes that makes so much sense. The whole alien/ufo thing is probably totally above our comprehension. It's a bit the same with a cows view of us. The way a cow looks at us in the field, sure they know we are there and see us go past every now and then, but do they really understand what we humans are?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You can't bluntly say they're not hostile at all.

Being that we're such an obviously young race compared to them, we really have no clue what their thoughts of us are. You say you've seen all the Ancient Alien documentary's and it brings up a number of "hostile" possibilities in those.

Some of which are...

-The possibility that we were bred as a SLAVE race, if true, we may have now just been left when they decided we weren't needed anymore, and simply observe us to see what our capabilities could be used for in the future.

-The possibility that infact the 3 catastrophies that supposedly wiped out everything on Earth each time was caused by ET's, genetically cleansing the planet, for the start of us. Again, showing not much compassion for living things.

-Another theory that in ancient chinese history, texts describing wars in the sky were in fact clashing alien factions or races, aswell as apparant atomic bomb traces on earth from the same era.

-Aswell as another theory in which the strange cloaked beings that we now recognise as the Grim Reaper, that was reported to of arrived outside of villages and towns in the medieval times, spreading a mist and walking through crop fields - the same towns and villages which then were shortly hit with the plague.

Or even the Ancient Alien theory that such leaders, even in the Mayans, Egyptian etc, were actually ET's. Do you think it would be very noble of an alien race to arrive on our planet, become leaders of whole civilizations and declare themselves as Gods? No.

"They don't need our planet" Why not? There are tonnes of planets in the cosmos but they're all extremely different and Earth is actually quite unique as far as natural resources which are in abundance with huge selections. Aswell has being able to support life. It's pretty naive to say any of those things.

If anything, everything points to the opposite that they are infact hostile. Maybe not in a warring fashion but if you believe any of this then it shows we really don't mean much to them as a race other than a scientific experiment or study.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Motive]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
To be honest i dont think its humans that theyre realy interested in. Yes they abduct and study us, but it stands to reason that they would be far more interested in our resources and variation of biological organisms.

In short we are just one giant science expedition. If they wanted to do us harm you could say that they would of already. Maybe they're just planning the best way to go about it, without destroying all other creatures on earth. Maybe some peaceful annexiation by creating hybrids that pass genes on over centuries. They may have cracked the secrets of ageing, so time may not be an issue for them.

They may stop us destroying each other for the planets sake rather than human sake. I think we need to get over ourselfs a bit and try to gain perspective. Put yourself in there shoes at there level of evolution then go from there.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by KrypticCriminal]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I agree that indifference shouldn't be interpreted as being non-hostile. If there are aliens out there, it might be that we are just so inconsequential to them that we never seem like either a threat to crush or a resource to consume.

And if we don't inhabit the same kind of reality they do, that could mean they'd be even more indifferent to us. It would be like us being hostile to the dreams a cat has.

Not that there couldn't be some aliens out there kind of like us, evolved in a highly competitive natural environment, that are always seeking protection and something to eat so they can continue to reproduce. Even so, a frog eating a fly isn't actually being "hostile" towards the fly. It's just doing what comes naturally. The fly, of course, will see it from a different perspective.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies, especially motive and seagull.

Motive, those are some very interesting key points you brought up. Your right about the stuff you said. The "wars in the sky," and such.

Thanks for taking the time to write all that up. you definitely make a good point. I'll need to do some more research before I can respond accurately to that, but these ideas will be great for part 3.

Peace

Luke

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And I absolutely agree with blue shift. Neutrality = non-hostility.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The Universe is a duality school and polarities exist, for real on all the channels/frequencies.

I don't think that we can really say theyr not hostile, just that there are many that are benevolent. But, the ones running this planet and the renegades they are teamed up with are most definitely hostile, the others are not.

We really need to wake up and see this world and whose running for what it is and renounce them, even if they don't leave, strongly renounce them, and their ways, and desire and equal free world with no hunger or wars, or poisons or toxins and no deliberate callous cruelty to nature. And write this to them. That is a strong sign that our free will has chosen the right way, and we just may see some changes.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Some of them are, some of them are not, its pretty simple

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnthraAndromda
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Ever given any thought to the number of survivors in a herd of cattle? Reality check! it almost zero ... Humans eat most of them ... and the population of Earth keeps growing. If you were being kept as "cattle" then it would be more reasonable that 10's of millions would go "missing" every year, not just a few thousand.

Also, if you keep shooting at us, how long do you think we will take it? Truth is, YOU are the hostile ones.

Etharzi od Oma.

Reality check
What are YOU talking about...when you say if YOU keep shooting at US? Do you claim to be some sort of alien intelligence
Reality check indeed.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I find it difficult to believe that all alien intelligence is benevolent, however I like to believe at least some or most of it is.

By the way who are they? Is there only one alien race that has made contact with us or many? You must also be willing to entertain the possibility that these beings are responsible for our existence. Maybe they created us for some yet unknown purpose. Maybe they were trying their hand at creation as we are now with the first synthetic life form.

Maverick U.S. Scientist Creates First Synthetic Genome

Maybe they need us as weapons or food or organ donors. Maybe they just come back to look in on us from time to time.

Too many maybes, and until contact is made on a larger scale we'll never know. The olive branch or the bayonet, I wonder which it will be.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luke Idea
Thanks for your replies, especially motive and seagull.

Motive, those are some very interesting key points you brought up. Your right about the stuff you said. The "wars in the sky," and such.

Thanks for taking the time to write all that up. you definitely make a good point. I'll need to do some more research before I can respond accurately to that, but these ideas will be great for part 3.

Peace

Luke

No worries, I enjoyed Ancient Aliens quite alot to be honest, definitely makes you think alot more.

But I think if there is any truth about Aliens visiting our ancestors and leading people, then I think it's safe to say that there is atleast one (although I suspect more) race that share the same traits as us, such as curiosity and a desire to be superior or "conquer".

I mean, if you believe there are ET's out there, then it's pretty safe to assume that there's more than one race or civilization, and as they are obviously much more technologically advanced than us it would make sense that they've been in contact with eachother. So it isn't totally beyond belief to imagine that they also have their diplomatic problems which may lead to either war or an alliance. There could be so many things, and the ancient stories of "wars in the sky" don't give you much hope for them all being "benevolent".

Think about it, imagine there's a resource (such as gold, which has pretty amazing properties) on Earth that is extremely valuable to ET's, they may have to fight over control of our solar system. Or maybe there are even races that do want to harm us, or take over our planet, while there's another race or band of races that being of also high intelligence beleve it's not right and so they stop it. Theres a hundred reasons why ET's could butt heads, I think it's naive to assume that all ET's are compassionate and welcoming, it seems most people view them as the "Asgard" from Stargate SG1 if you've ever seen that, ultimately wise, compassionate and ironically... a perfect human being.

If we really meant a massive deal to these ET's, going on the amount of evidence of them existing, ufo reports etcetc, they'd be more subtle about it, whereas mostly it seems they don't really try to hide themselves.

-edit I'll try not to post and ramble on at 2am next time! My bad.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Motive]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If a race that is thousands if not millions of years more advanced than ours is interested in our planet, you won't even have a chance to find out if they are hostile or not.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Agree. Good points. I'm not hostile towards ants either, but I also don't take inordinant care to not step on them. If a nest or trail of ants carrying eggs are moving out from their old location to a new one, and big bad me decides that's the day to strike the burn pile, or remove a few more prickly cockspur bushes for the future gardening area, my will be done.

I do, however have great admiration for the organization and hivemind of the ants, and I'm very grateful they didn't evolve to be 100 times their current size. The outcome would've been very different. I don't go out of my way to smite them. That doesn't make me their friend.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join