It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moses' close encounter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
if you take the story from the Bible in the context of what we know today, it bears striking keys to a close encounter of the fourth kind for Moshe.

1. There was a boundary set up around the mountain, and unauthorized people were threatened with death

2. There was tremendous smoke and noise as God "came down" to meet with Moses.

3. God carved the words of the law on tablets of stone - Laser etching?

4. Moses' face and skin glowed afterward - radiation exposure of some sort?

5. Moses was imparted with knowledge no human had ever known - extra-terrestrial source by definition

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Ha ha...brilliant!
I never once took that angle with that story.

Mate, to be honest, ya never know! That could just be right. I understand the 'gods' to be extra terrestrial and who would Moses be to know the difference between the Source/God and extra terrestrials in a craft??!

S&F sir!

Much love...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

S&F from me to

Clever OP, lets hope the others will follow this idea, haha.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So extra terrestials have rulez and expectations of us also , we would then be a petrie dish , an experiment , but if so , that would mean good ets vs bad ets ??

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The bible is filled with stories of encounters with non-terrestrial beings and crafts, its all a matter on how you look at things, perspective. Your theory does make sense, the whole E.T. intervention makes sense, more than other current mainstream theories regarding certain passages within the bible. But there is still too much uncertainty and speculation involved to conclude something of this magnitude, if true....

Btw, does skin actually glow when it comes in contact with certain kinds of radiation? Always thought this didn't hold any truth, I may be mistaken

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I've read that theory before, but I like the way you framed it. SnF. You should check out the story of Elisha, OP, and look at it in the same light.

Not to be off topic , but reincarnation runs rampant through both the old and new testaments as well.
Elisha was thought to be Elijah reborn, or mabye I've reversed that, I can't remember which came first.
John the Baptist was thought to be one of those E named fellows reborn as well.

The Bible is filled with people having close encounters and reincarnation themes

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Well I guess maybe not radiation that can be created on earth, but something created off-planet...quite possibly!

Stacey,

We ARE a petrie dish don't forget.
Genetic manipulation may have led to the homosapien race.
There are also other theories mentioned in numerous threads here on ATS about the good VS bad et's - like the greys, reptilians, nordics etc etc etc.

Dragonsmusic,

You're quite right - when Elijah was taken up in the chariot of fire, people assumed it to be to do with the Hebrew God, now our thinking and seeking the real truth would lead us to believe (like Zep Tepi of the Egyptians) that technology was involved. Something so technologicaly advanced, that it seemed like magic or heavenly intervention.

Again OP, brilliant angle on the story!!

Much love...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I've always considered Moses' encounter being indicative of a real event, an event orchestrated by physical beings. Why, you may ask?

Simple; why would God need Moses to go somewhere private and specific to deliver his commandments?

Isn't God omnipotent, therfore able to manifest items wherever he wants?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

words of the law on tablets of stone ?

if they were extra terrestrial why would they give us laws ? and if they did so , then why not come again and again to check that we are following those laws and reminding us all the time about them.

oh one more thing , why on a tablet of stone and not on a un known material that will last for ever.

just questions

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Good, OP. I recall reading something like this before.

I just want to add a comment about Elisha and Elijah. Elisha was a protoge of Elijah. He wasn't a reincarnation of Elijah. When Elijah was taken into the sky, it was in a whirlwind. Not a chariot of fire. The Chariot of fire passed by, overhead, and then Elijah was taken into the heavens in a whirlwind. And John the Baptist was thought to be Elijah reincarnated.

I suppose I could link to the verses in the KJ Bible about this. I know people usually believe the chariot of fire was Elijah's ride, heh, but it was the whirlwind that actually spirited him away.

I'm working on a book with an Israeli artist, of Old Testament stories illustrated by us. So we read the stories to make sure we are factually correct in our illustrations.

Okay, Kings 2, Chapter 2. " And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven."

Sure seems like some sort of alien abduction to me.

Ezekiel's Wheel, too. That's a rather interesting tale.

And then the reptilian creature in the garden that convinced Eve and Adam to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. Wonder what star system that creature was from?

Hope I haven't gotten too far off topic. But the Bible seems to have all sort of references in it of supernatural, or maybe ET activities. Or, maybe, the writers just had a good supply of hallucinogenic substances at hand.

Heh, Mel Brooks movie, I have these 15 (crash)........er, 10 commandments.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

First, stone is an excellent source of long-term documentation. Heiroglyphs chiseled into rocks are still clearly visible and readable thousands of years later.

Why did they give us laws? Tho help us out. If you consider that nature of many of the laws given to the Hebrews through Moses, God was acting as a pbulic health officer. The Red Heifer sacrifice created the waters of purification, which was basically soapy water they were supposed to wash with before eating or religious activities. The covering of excrement would keep down the spread of enteric diseases. Outlawing murder, false witnessing in court, lusting after your neighbor's belongings, or wife, are all things that would promote civil order.

Why wouldn't they come back? They did! Numerous "angelic" encounters occurred beyond that point, largely reinforcing the concepts Moshe gained by the encounter and taught to the people.

If God created the universe, He was living outside of the universe at the moment of the Big Bang. For God to "come down" to our level would obviously require some unique alterations of our normal physical laws. They seemed very strange to the people of that day, and would likely even seem strange to us, with our current level of technology and understanding.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Heh, Mel Brooks movie, I have these 15 (crash)........er, 10 commandments.

Ha ha...brilliant!

Also, Elijah physically gave his mantle/cloak to Elisha and as you say was his protege, so they were alive at the same time.

Much love...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Really interesting!

It makes more sense to me then the upper case God scenario. One thing through, his skin glowing afterward is not really explained from this, unless his skin was so badly burnt he appeared to glow red!

Some people have asked really silly questions such as: Why would they give us laws, why would they not come back and enforce them etc etc.

My response to that is: Without knowing anything about the aliens agenda, Psychology or even mode of thinking how cold you possibly expect answers? I mean just of the top of my head from a psychological point of view if they wanted to observe without interference on their experiment why would they interfere? Just shove in some variables and see what the hell happens. Especially if they think of us how we think of lab rats.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

That's what it was! Thanks for clarifying.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
Why did they give us laws? To help us out.

Maybe. Although the Egyptians had plenty of laws already cooked up, and the wandering Hebrews probably had quite a few of their own, too. It wasn't like God was coming up with anything particularly new.

And if the ETs really wanted to help out, they would have given Moses a map of the area so they wouldn't have to wander around for 40 years. Or just a simple direction, like "keep going North, and when you hit the Mediterranean, turn right."

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
After Moses' encounter, had the Israelites not chickened out and gone into the land, they wouldn't have wandered in the desert for forty years.

Still, to continue my original post, think about how they were led in the desert. A pillar of cloud by day, and fire by night. We can use smoke from our aircraft to do skywriting, and can use searchlights at night to show a light they could not have comprehended. If we could do this, why couldn't Moses have had this type of assistance.

Moses had a "prepared" rock, that when he struck it water came out. What if that rock had been drilled and capped, and he only had to strike the rock capping the "drilled well" to produce water?

The more you consider these stories, the more interesting they get!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you ever seen a program call a 100 ways to die,a story was on that told of girls of the ill repute had a club,now i forgot the name of the stuff they used,but they put it on their lips and sometimes on the entire body that at night they actually glowed,well the moral of that story was they all got sick cancer and other problems that they died,i don't know if it was a form of radiation,but something like it,so i guess it might be possible moses glowed after his encounter

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry that is a 1000 ways to die,and it wasn't the girls of ill repute,it was some ladies that worked in some kind of factory want happen was they were using this stuff for a product they were making they would use a pencil type object and put it in their mouths low and behold when they went home at night their mouths would glow,so they decided to spice iu their sex life and put this stuff all over themselves came out to be they were using radium,still they all died,Forgive the miss post above

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Low-level radiation is used for our watches and other night-lighting products.

Once more, if we can do this with relative safety, what would God (or other beings) be able to do that we cannot understand at this time?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm sorry and a little bit off topic here, but i think Moses was better then Jesus, sorry

<<   2 >>

join