It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Funny Thing Happened This Morning...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
First off, a little background Here.

So, I spent last weekend with some family. Politics is always the hot subject at these types of get-togethers (a wedding this time), and I try to stay out of it…My views are considered wacky to say the least to them I’m pretty sure.

After 10 minutes of me trying to explain left/right paradigm basics, in the middle of a family love-fest for George W.
, “he did the best he could”, “he defended freedom”, etc..
I was accused of Obama lovin’
Then I told them Ron Paul was our only hope, and I wasn’t too sure about that either.

Then…it was explained to me how that is a waste of a vote. “Independent party candidates can’t win big ones, and never will…” Just go with the crowd and choose the lesser of 2 evils.

It’s finally beginning to occur to me that most just do not care about the paradigm they are trapped in, they’ve given up basically. Kind of sad…

That leads me to what happened this morning. A little background Here The kittens are now 9 weeks old, it’s time to give them away. We (my wife & 2 kids) have decided to keep 1 kitten. We are going to vote tonight on which kitten to keep from the litter of 5. Me & the Missus have decided it must be a girl that we keep. There are 2 boys and 3 girls in the litter.

We've got a house full of damn cats right now-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f044e7612ab5.jpg[/atsimg]

I’m driving my 10 year old to school. She says, “Dad, I’m voting for Minx, he’s my favorite kitten. “ I go on to explain Mommy and I have already decided it must be one of the girls.

My daughter then explains it’s her vote and she can vote for her favorite regardless of boy or girl.

Then, I explained to her that voting for Minx would be a waste of her vote, because none of the rest of us were voting to keep him. She should vote for the lesser of evils that have a chance of winning….or her vote would be wasted.

I’m also thinking about giving my 12 year old a bribe, say $5, to vote for my favorite kitten, ensuring a victory for me. If she doesn't go for the bribe, I'm afraid I may have to uncover information that would get her in trouble with Mommy. Sort of a trade...her vote assured and I will be quiet, hmmmm. She is home sick today, so I’ll have plenty of time to talk her into it. Victory shall be mine

Ahh, the irony!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Congratulations Sir, in one easy step you've managed to educate a child on the realities of politics - something it's taken many of us years to learn.

Edit to add:

I'm voting for the one at the bottom of the picture, smack in the centre - dark one with little stripes.

[edit on 20/5/1010 by jokei]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I always enjoy your posts signals. What kind of lesson are you teaching by bribing or blackmailing here anyway? I agree the dark one at the bottom looks like a keeper to me.
Which one is minx?
Also, why no Tom? the spray thing?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

To bad your in Texas, Those little kittens are so cute I would love to have one. I have four cats already, yes I have cats everywhere too. Mine are are old though. Sorry off topic. By the way which are the boys and which are the girls. I would want one of the tiger stripped ones, only if it was a girl.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Iamherefornow]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
What kind of lesson are you teaching by bribing or blackmailing here anyway?

Ah the lesson of How We Do It In America101...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What's up with one on the far right that has it's head cropped out of the pic? It's not participating with the others and it's just laying there on it's back like it's not even alive. What did you do to that one , signals?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just an update...kitten on the top right was voted in, in a landslide victory, receiving all 4 votes.

My lobbying and tampering in this election paid off. Phoebe the Cat is gonna have a tough time keeping all the campaign promises.

Cat-Gate.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sorry, could you repeat that? I tried reading your post but then there was this huge obstruction that made be go D'AAAAAAAAAAW for a few minutes and I can't look away.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey Signals, awesome post. I tried to explain the whole "two-headed snake" thing to my cousin but he just laughed and said I was paranoid...to which I said "People have been conditioned to think paranoia is bad". Then he thought I was even more paranoid lol.
Well anyway, do I have your permission to use this to explain it to him? I'm thinking if he sees it in a simpler way it will make more sense.
Thanks for the post!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Now that is a crash course in the nastiness of our current political system. Streamlined, succinct, and with an emotional investment for her to really sink it home.

Very clever....

(*small voice* I wanna kitty.)

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zamo1993

Thanks and yes, absolutely, use whatever analogy that works.

Also, mention the tired but true adage that goes something like It's not paranoia if they really are following you or somesuch variation.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Signals]

new topics

top topics

join