It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NKorea warns of war if punished for ship sinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea said Thursday that South Korea fabricated evidence implicating the North in a torpedo attack in order to pick on the North and any attempt at retaliating for the warship's sinking would be answered with "all-out war."

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak vowed "stern action" for the attack after a multinational investigation issued its long-awaited results Thursday, concluding the North fired a torpedo that sank the Cheonan navy ship March 26 near the Koreas' tense sea border.

"If the (South Korean) enemies try to deal any retaliation or punishment, or if they try sanctions or a strike on us .... we will answer to this with all-out war," Col. Pak In Ho of North Korea's navy told broadcaster APTN in an exclusive interview in Pyongyang.

An international civilian-military investigation team said evidence overwhelmingly proves a North Korean submarine fired a homing torpedo that caused a massive underwater blast that tore the Cheonan apart. Fifty-eight sailors were rescued from the frigid Yellow Sea, but 46 perished in the South's worst military disaster since the Korean War.

news.yahoo.com...

I have been saying this from the start that this was going to cause a war, but only as soon as SK was sure of US and other international help.

Even China didn't sound like it wanted to really get involved, and they usually back NK.
If this was intentional then it doesn't follow Kim Jong Il's usual MO, but we have discussed this already on here, that maybe this really wasn't as intentional as SK made it out to believe. Maybe it was just a left over mine and they made it into a false flag.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Too many people while discussing this before in the other couple of threads I have had on this entire episode agree that this is just not like Kim Jong Il.

He always seems to have the be the center of attention. He has never claimed any responsibility for this and has repeatedly denied having any part in it.

I just don't see what he could stand to gain by doing this. Maybe bolster his reputation at home, but he would need to admit doing it first.

There is just something not right about this whole affair. Either we are all missing something or it is blatantly a false flag by South Korea.

Other Discussions
More Discussions
Still More Discussions

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Umm, someone needs to tell Lil' Kim that, by sinking the South Korean ship, he already started the war. You can't go around blowing things up and not expect to pay the consequences. I believe he is getting off easy if all he gets is increased sanctions.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yeah, the only other thing I could possibly think of for this whole affair is it is actually a NORTH Korean false flag. Torpedo the ship, deny, deny,deny. Then you get attacked. Anything from there on is protecting the country.

Either way, this is not good at all for the world. Which really doesn't need another major issue right now.

new topics

top topics

join