It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Two more times, I had the object on target, when the object was stationary. Each time, it moved away at the very last minute, when I was just about to fire, always eluding my attack.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

originally posted by: SLAYER69
reply to post by karl 12

S & F

This case was covered on UFO Hunters. If anybody is interested here is the episode. 1 of 5.

UFO Hunters - UFO Dogfights (Hostile Presence) 1/5

New link.

Another link for all the removed videos:

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Video about incident and DIIA document sourced by Easynow.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Details about altitude and service ceiling

Throughout this time I was very focused on trying to achieve my window of about 1,300 to 2,300 feet (400 to 700 meters) distance, which was where I had to position my plane in order to shoot. As this became less possible, I was very surprised and kept asking myself what was going on. Then it became a personal thing for me. I had to get it. But I couldn't because it would always ascend. I was committed to this mission, and felt I must succeed. This was all that mattered, and I felt confident knowing I had an outstanding airplane.

Eventually, as a result of this series of rapid movements upward, the object ended up at an altitude of 46,000 feet (14,000 meters). I had to think of something else to do! I decided to make a bold ascent with my plane so that this time I would be above the object, and then I would come down on it vertically and initiate an attack from above. This way, if the object began to ascend as in the previous three attempts, it would not leave my target range and it would be easier for me to fire. I was not concerned about any collision because of the agility and maneuverability of my plane.

So I accelerated my plane at supersonic speed and went back to where the "balloon" was, by this time traveling at a speed of Mach 1.6, which is approximately 1,150 mph (1,850 km/hr). I calculated the distance between the object and myself as I began to make the ascent. As I went higher, I saw that the object was in fact under me and I thought I would be able to gain the necessary altitude to pull off the maneuver as planned, and succeed in the attack. But to my surprise, the object ascended once again at a high speed and placed itself next to me in parallel formation! This left me without any possibility of attack.

Flying at Mach 1.2, I continued with my ascent, still hoping to pass above it in order to initiate the attack I had planned. But I couldn't. We reached an altitude of 63,000 feet (19,200 meters or 19 kilometers), and suddenly the thing completely stopped and remained stationary. I adjusted the wings of my plane to 30 degrees and extended its slats so that the plane would be able to maneuver at that height, and I thought I could still attempt to target the object in order to fire.

Full account at link.

Hey mate, I'm learning Spanish at the mo so that really would be some nice practice material.
Colonel Huerta has also been testifying at the National Press Club this week and there's some good pics I hadn't seen about the incident in the article below.

Peruvian Jet Pilot Tells of Tangle With UFO (+Photos)

He shot 60 rounds at close range with no impact

La Joya Air Base at Arequipa Peru showing the position of the balloon like object witnessed on April 11, 1980.

The path Col. Huerta took in approaching the UFO above his military base.

The unidentified craft ascended about 50 miles from base.

The trajectory and speed of Col. Huerta's jet during the close encounter with the UFO.

link

Cheers.

A bit of subject but the last photo when the UFO jumped from 14000 feet to 19000 feet look's like what I saw 28 years in the sky which was an orange ball that just stayed there a minute or 2 and then shot up in the sky before disappearing.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Very interesting...

posted on Apr, 14 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Commander Julio Chamorro Flores (Founder of Peru's DIFFAA) discusses the case.

Exclusive Interview with Commander Julio Chamorro Flores (of the Peruvian Airforce), Founder of Peru's DIFFAA (Department of Investigation of Anomalous Phenomenon).

This is a well known UFO sighting event, that happened over a rather secret air base, in Arequipa, Peru, in 1980. At that time, there was a lot of military tension between Peru and Chile and the commander of the base, presuming that it was a spy ship, ordered the immediate takeoff of a Sukhoi SU-22 fighter-bomber with the mission to destroy the target that was initially presumed as a kind of spy balloon. As well, there were about 1800 men in formation, witnessing this. Lieutenant Oscar Santa Maria Huertas was the commander of the ship that crossed the airstrip to then launch to intercept the aerial object and destroy it. As soon as he was aiming at his target, which was suspended and motionless about 600 meters above the ground, Lieutenant Santa Maria squeezed the trigger with a powerful and long blast from the aircraft’s guns. The projectiles seemed to go through the object without any of them exploding and without causing any damage! The object then shot into the sky at an incredible speed, being followed by the Soviet-made supersonic aircraft, which was now being taken to its maximum limit. The object was quickly moving away and rising at the same time and Santa Maria had to stop abruptly and do turns to avoid hitting it. On top of that, he then realized he was running out of fuel! After 22 minutes since his contact with the UFO, Santa Maria decided to leave the mission while the UFO continued ascending, and after landing, the the UFO reappeared and remained visible for two hours in front of the military base. Santa María described the object he attacked as an object with a blued cupola, like a spotlight cut in half, with a wide base of metal that made everything shine. When he approached and saw it, he realized that it had no nozzles, wings, windows, antennas ... nothing: it was a very smooth surface above and below.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join