It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
His saying “he was ordered to open fire on the object and shot 64 explosive shells at it with little or no effect” did remind me immediately of that story from that GI told by Dr Richard Haines in that interview here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spacevisitor, good call - that's a mighty fine interview and the incident does sound a bit similar.

The conference in 2007 at the National Press Club sounded very interesting - wish I could have attended that one.

Shoot Down the UFO

On 12 November 2007 Jafari and Santa Maria Huertas told their stories together in public for the first time, at a historic event held at the National Press Club in Washington DC. A group of people with backgrounds in government, the military and the aviation community came together to lobby the US government to re-open Project Blue Book. There were 14 panellists from 7 countries. All the panellists had either seen a UFO while on active service or undertaken official research and investigation into UFO sightings. None took any position on the exact nature of the UFO phenomenon, but all agreed that it raises important defence, national security and aviation safety issues. The event was organised by filmmaker James Fox and investigative journalist Leslie Kean, from the Coalition from Freedom of Information - an organisation advised by John Podesta, who was Chief of Staff to President Clinton..

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
One aspect of this report makes me think it's bogus that is the part where the pilot was ordered to fire on the object. They don't know what something is so they shoot it? It makes no sense or is the Peruvian air force really that ignorant?

Laughable.

I watched a cop shoot a curious dog running out to him ealier on ATS. Human history has a rap sheet several light years long of using lethal force first and asking questions later. Why does it seem so odd to you?

The same thing would have happened had it entered US military airspace. The peruvians have the right to defend themselves. The object was unidentified and therefore could (in theory) have been a sinister device.

reply to post by yeti101

The peruvian gvt may have the best evidence ever in their possesion.

Looks like the disclosure crowd have been harassing the wrong government all this time.

show me some evidence otherwise i call fairytales

And what have you done for Peru lately? What does the peruvian military owe you? They have their own sovereign territory and do with it as they see fit.

I can only imagine that any video or audio evidence is in the hands of the peruvian military to study it as they see fit.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Scramjet76]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So really, did the ufo hunters try to prove with prop planes what a jet fighter and a ufo couldn’t do?
Seems like apples being compared to orang…… umm polar bears.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl12,

Thank you so much for posting this. These types of reports are (IMO) some of the most credible evidence of something unusual. This report reminds me of one of the most famous UFO incidents- The 1976 Tehran Iran UFO.

There is no reason for high Peruvian military commanders or military pilots to voluntary make themselves look like superstitious fools. I take the report at face value. They saw something they don't completely understand. They reported it like any normal person would do. Just because they work for the military doesn't mean they are God and have all the answers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

One aspect of this report makes me think it's bogus that is the part where the pilot was ordered to fire on the object. They don't know what something is so they shoot it? It makes no sense or is the Peruvian air force really that ignorant?

I think in South American countries that is standard operating procedure. If you don't respond then you get shot at.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
That is a good question -maybe the CIA and NSA were asking (or could answer) the same question whilst compiling reports about a subject they pretend to have no interest in.

And we'd have a much clearer picture of what he was pursuing. Whether it was a true unknown or mistaken identity.

Of course, it may be a known that no one wants known.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think it is interesting that the bullets were 'absorbed' by the UFO. I wonder if pilot would have been able to see if they were actually absorbed or instead passed right through the object.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

It does not seem to far off from Peruvian Air Force policy.

In 1992, the Peruvian Air Force opened fire on a USAF C-130 on a drug-patrol mission after it went off course near the Ecuador, injuring fourteen and killing one. There was dispute on whether there was radio contact before the attack. Peruvian authorities justified the attack at the time, saying they had to open fire at craft that did not identify themselves.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Great report, This and the Iran one are a couple favorites of mine...
I am amazed at these visitors for not destroying the Peruvian fighter, but it shows they are so far superior to humans..
I don't think it is silly at all to say these disks are alien, and the only reason some people do feel silly about that is because of the decades of brainwashing and ridicule our military and government have done to squelch people talking.. You can't get two words in "on air" about anything alien before some reporter or talk show host makes a "little green men" joke about the whole thing.. Pretty effective disinformation campaign..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everwatcher33
If you believe it fantastic, if not great too...

All the more reason to ask for evidence.

Originally posted by Everwatcher33
Doesn't mean it's true, but if you are coming to these forums for proof of UFO's you're probably in the wrong place. Sorry if it seems like the post is just aimed at you two, but it's aimed at a lot of people who straight up ask for proof. If the thread was about proof we would be hitting national news not the ATS forums... It's a story/account like most things in this forum.

Parable of the story. When presented with a fantastic claim, don't ask for evidence, just nod your head and accept it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I spent 22 minutes maneuvering with this object. After I landed, the object remained stationary in the sky for two more hours, for everyone at the base to see.

Oops, they just gave away how long it is going to take to outlast a Peruvian fighter jet. In their airspace.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I can understand how relevant this is but how is compiling this information going to help disclosure on this topic. There are many stories within arms reach even on our own street blocks if we just ask around.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This is an interesting news event. The only problem I see is that everything is in the standard measurment system. Peru uses the metric system. This pilot would not be use to using feet and miles. It would be meters and km. Maybe he was doing it for the press but it seems unlikly. Could be true but that causes me to dought the comments.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkedHabuBob

Feet and miles or knots is the standard measurement in aviation and nautical even in metric countries.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

I think in South American countries that is standard operating procedure. If you don't respond then you get shot at.

Remember This?

Shootdown video

And where did this happen? You guessed it. ...Peru.

T.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The cat is out of the bag -

If leaders didn't think enemy nations had UFO Tech, they wouldn't shoot first.

If leaders knew it was really extraterrestrial they would welcome them.

Leaders have to play it safe and shoot first just in case it's an enemy nation.

Think about it.

edit - otherwise, what the heck are we doing with SETI and putting pictograms on deep space satellites and such? Is one dept welcoming them and another dept trying to kill them?

Elect Billy Bob for leader. He could do a better job. Stupid *ss leaders.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
Very interesting. I must say though, this is one heck of a pilot, he managed to get 16,415 ft above the max service ceiling of his aircraft with cannons attached to his wings.

That is some heck of flying there

He made it to 63000 ft.
Max service ceiling of SU-22 clean configuration 46,585 ft.

Lol. What the heck do you know about their aircraft?
Even their turbo props could do 60000 Ft +

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Anyhting that goes back more than 5 years has no credibility really does it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I take it that if anything flies over LaJoya Military Base without so called authorization, it will be shot down.

Didn't I read recently about a missionary mission also having been shot down due to faulty communications?

It is dangerous to fly the skies in South America.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by karl 12

...Didn't I read recently about a missionary mission also having been shot down due to faulty communications?

See my post above.

T.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join