It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Air Force pilot shoots at UFO.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Very interesting testimony from Peruvian Air Force Commander Oscar Alfonso Huertas who describes an encounter with an unidentified object whilst flying his Sukhoi S-22 jet over La Joya Military Base in 1980 - he states he was ordered to open fire on the object and shot 64 explosive shells at it with little or no effect - he then goes on to give a description of the object and explain how it performed evasive maneuvres.

Peruvian Air Force Commander Oscar Alfonso Huertas

Comandante Huerta's full statement follows:

"I am Oscar Santa Maria Huerta, official pilot of the Peruvian Air Force, currently retired.

On April 11, 1980, at 7:15 in the morning, 1800 men were in formation at the Air Base of La Joya, Arequipa.

They all observed a stationary object in the sky, which looked like a balloon, at about three miles distance, and approximately 1,800 feet altitude. It was luminous because it reflected the sun.

My unit commander ordered me to takeoff in my Sukhoi 22 jet to shoot down the spherical object. It was in restricted airspace, without clearance, and we were concerned about espionage.

I approached the object and strafed sixty-four 30 mm. shells at it. Some projectiles went towards the ground, and others hit the object fully, but they had no effect at all. The projectiles didn't bounce off; probably they were absorbed. The cone-shaped "wall of fire" that I sent out would normally obliterate anything in its path.

The object then began to ascend, and move farther away from the base. When I was at about 36,000 ft., it made a sudden stop, forcing me to veer to the side since I was only 1500 feet away. I flew up higher to attack It from above, but just as I had locked on to the target and was ready to shoot, the object made a straight vertical climb evading the attack.

Two more times, I had the object on target, when the object was stationary. Each time, it moved away at the very last minute, when I was just about to fire, always eluding my attack.

I decided to climb at full thrust to get above the object, bit began to ascend almost parallel to my plane, and when I reached 63,000 ft., it stopped.

At this point, I came within about 300 feet of the UFO. It was about 30 feet in diameter. It was an enameled, cream-colored dome, with a wide, circular, metallic base. It had no engines, no exhausts, no windows, no wings or antennae. It lacked all the typical aircraft components, with no visible propulsion system.

It was at that moment that I realized that this was no spying device, but that it was a UFO, something totally unknown. I was almost out of fuel, so I couldn't attack or maneuver my plane, or make a high speed escape. I was afraid. I thought I might be finished.

When I had calmed down, I radioed for another plane to come and have a look, trying to hide my fear. They said no, it's too high, just come back. I had to glide part way down due to lack of fuel, zigzagging to make my plane harder to hit, always with my eyes on the rearview mirrors, hoping it wouldn't chase me. It didn't.

I spent 22 minutes maneuvering with this object. After I landed, the object remained stationary in the sky for two more hours, for everyone at the base to see.

A US Department of Defense document titled 'UFO Sighted in Peru' described the incident, stating that the vehicle's origin remains unknown.

It still gives me chills to think about it."

Link

U.S. Department of Defense document:

Document

Commander with the Peruvian Air Force (FAP), Ret. Specialization as an Air Force fighter jet pilot. In 1980, while a FAP Lieutenant, he encountered a UFO while flying his SU-22 "SUKOI" jet over the La Joya Military Base. He fired at the object, strafing it with sixty-four 30mm rounds, but the UFO remained unaffected.

A US Department of Defense document for the CIA and the NSA, titled “UFO Sighted in Peru,” describes the incident. “The Peruvian Air Force tried to intercept and destroy the UFO, but without success," it states, adding that the vehicle’s origin remains unknown. CMDT Santa Maris is currently a Flight Safety and Accident Prevention Consultant for the airline industry.

Link

edit on 27-10-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Interesting!! You'd think if it was a commercial, military or private aircraft "of earth origin" being fired upon it would have identified itself immediately. Well, maybe not if it were military....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This case was well documented a couple years ago on the UFO Hunters TV show. This guy comes across as extremely credible in my opinion.

As the OP notes, this wasn't a brief encounter either, it lasted 20-25 minutes at least.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by webpirate]

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That's pretty amazing. It baffles me that things like this take place and still the majority of people seem to resist the idea of UFO's being anything other than weatherballoons. SnF

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Pretty tough to "debunk" one like that.

The thing all the debunkers and a lot of other people seem to forget is that all it takes is one solid case like this to verify that these objects do exist.

Interesting thing is there have been so many cases reported by people all over the world even testimony by American astronauts and Russian cosmonauts and people still refuse to believe in the existence of these intelligently controlled and most likely from off world flying objects.

How we could have even trained scientific people who still question whether other intelligent life exists in the universe is just beyond my comprehension.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

Im sure there is a psychological term for the skeptics in the academic community who are not skeptical at all, you can show them all the evidence yet they will still come up with ridiculous explanations that bear no resemblance to the incident. All the while feeling intellectually superior and "scientific" of course. Calling this an alien craft is also silly imo, but this along with other cases shows there are seemingly intelligently controlled objects in our skies that regularly take the piss out of fighter jets.
Thanks for presenting this incident Karl, never heard of it, seems like every other week a fantastic ufo case comes up that no one has heard about. Yet another one to add to my UFO folder!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
One aspect of this report makes me think it's bogus that is the part where the pilot was ordered to fire on the object. They don't know what something is so they shoot it? It makes no sense or is the Peruvian air force really that ignorant?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
so wheres the photos, video , radio communications you know Evidence? Peru hiding it? 2 hours nobody got a telescope and took a photo? The peruvian gvt may have the best evidence ever in their possesion.

Looks like the disclosure crowd have been harassing the wrong government all this time.

show me some evidence otherwise i call fairytales

[edit on 20-5-2010 by yeti101]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
One aspect of this report makes me think it's bogus that is the part where the pilot was ordered to fire on the object. They don't know what something is so they shoot it? It makes no sense or is the Peruvian air force really that ignorant?

Really? That's all it takes? I suppose you'd feel differently if an object was flying towards New York City or Washington DC. Said object being unidentifiable via visual observation, IFF or radio communication. How long would you like the Air Force to wait before trying to down the object?

T.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Very interesting, starred and flagged.

I find it pretty funny that, over the past couple of months (and the last year) that we've seen an increase in news articles about UFO's.

Even here in Norway, we're seeing places like VG, Dagbladet etc. break stories about aliens and UFO's.

Are they trying to get the populace comfortable with the idea because they're (the governments) are planning on disclosing something? Let's hope so.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

How do you explain the CIA report?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Good report.He states that it looked like a balloon,i wonder how many other reports of ufo sightings were quickly debunked as balloons.This is good evidence even without video,i see no reason for people in his position to put their credibility on the line by making up stories.They really shouldn't shoot at them even though the craft" absorbed" the shells" . T-1000 Terminator anyone!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. S & F.

There were 13 other officials from various countries represented at that conference held in 2007.

Read the article here:

www.freedomofinfo.org...

edit to correct: I see that that this link was posted by the OP, sorry.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Very interesting. I must say though, this is one heck of a pilot, he managed to get 16,415 ft above the max service ceiling of his aircraft with cannons attached to his wings.

That is some heck of flying there

He made it to 63000 ft.
Max service ceiling of SU-22 clean configuration 46,585 ft.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Very interesting testimony from Peruvian Air Force Commander Oscar Alfonso Huertas who describes an encounter with an unidentified object whilst flying his Sukhoi S-22 jet over La Joya Military Base in 1980 - he states he was ordered to open fire on the object and shot 64 explosive shells at it with little or no effect - he then goes on to give a description of the object and explain how it performed evasive manoeuvres.

Hi karl 12, thanks for making me aware of this very interesting case matey.

What a marvelous encounter.

His saying “he was ordered to open fire on the object and shot 64 explosive shells at it with little or no effect” did remind me immediately of that story from that GI told by Dr Richard Haines in that interview here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Calling this an alien craft is also silly imo, but this along with other cases shows there are seemingly intelligently controlled objects in our skies that regularly take the piss out of fighter jets.

Thanks for the replies and I agree about the sheer number of very strange pilot UFO cases - there are many more described in the thread below and Dr Richard Haines makes some very interesting comments about the subject here.

Eighty Years of Pilot UFO sightings.

As for the Peruvian incident - it states in the Joint Chiefs of Staff document that the object also came back at night and out manouevred an aircraft once again:

SOURCE STATED THAT ON 9 MAY, WHILE A GROUP OF FAP OFFICERS WERE IN FORMATION AT MARIANO MALGAR, THEY SPOTTED A UFO THAT WAS ROUND IN SHAPE, HOVERING NEAR THE AIRFIELD. THE AIR COMMANDER SCRAMBLED AN SU-22 AIRCRAFT TO MAKE AN INTERCEPT. THE PILOT, ACCORDING TO A THIRD PARTY, INTERCEPTED THE VEHICLE AND FIRED UPON IT AT VERY CLOSE RANGE WITHOUT CAUSING ANY APPARENT DAMAGE. THE PILOT TRIED TO MAKE A SECOND PASS ON THE VEHICLE, BUT THE UFO OUT-RAN THE SU-22.

THE SECOND SIGHTING WAS DURING HOURS OF DARKNESS. THE VEHICLE WAS LIGHTED. AGAIN AN SU-22 WAS SCRAMBLED, BUT THE VEHICLE OUT-RAN THE AIRCRAFT.

Link

Cheers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
so wheres the photos, video , radio communications you know Evidence? Peru hiding it? 2 hours nobody got a telescope and took a photo? The peruvian gvt may have the best evidence ever in their possesion.

Or the gun-camera footage. If he was within 300 feet of the object, the gun camera footage would conceivably be among the best of the UFO ever captured.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

S & F

This case was covered on UFO Hunters. If anybody is interested here is the episode. 1 of 5.

UFO Hunters - UFO Dogfights (Hostile Presence) 1/5

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

Looks like the disclosure crowd have been harassing the wrong government all this time.

show me some evidence otherwise i call fairytales

[edit on 20-5-2010 by yeti101]

Fairytales? explain what part is fairytale?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join