It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Unveils "Alien" Mascots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the new mascots for the London Olympics? They look very alien to me with their big Cyclop eyes. Of course, being mascots, these are cuter than most of the scary reptileans and mantis beings for example.

Surely this must be an indication that the aliens have chosen the 2012 London Olympics for their big mass landing rather than the 2010 World Cup in South Africa as some were suggesting. I hope so as I would rather meet these cute aliens than the alien "prawns" from District 9. Yuck!

UK Unveils "Alien" Looking Mascots for London Olympics

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They looked kind of cool

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kenny_NOR

What.. they're ugly, nonsensical and bizarre.. in my opinion of course.

There is a thread on these already, the thread starter called them pyramids with the all seeing eye on top instead of aliens though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
they were really cute, but really Aliens and 2012? funny coincidence (they are not claimed to be aliens, but they look so alien
)
- Peace

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They look more like Sonic the hedgehog.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Considering the 2012 logo looks like Lisa Simpson giving **** and these things look like salt and pepper shakers, I would imagine the only thing you can say, is that the UK Olympic Committee is a bunch of idiots who'll swallow anything if it's said loud enough.

This is the committee...
(chair)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durant
They look more like Sonic the hedgehog.

Your first image link doesn't work.

For all the critics who hate the mascots, the initial reaction to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic mascots was also overwhelmingly negative. They did turn out to be a hit, especially the Sasquatch.

I can see the point of those who say they look too much like blobby, one-eyed teletubbies. I am surprised they didn't go with a hedgehog derived character as we everyone loves hedgehogs and they really are cute.

Anyways, I had to mention the resemblance to aliens as everyone seems to think it is a huge omen of imminent disclosure, every time some alien reference pops up in modern culture.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is an obvious attempt to get us ready for disclosure.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by Kenny_NOR

What.. they're ugly, nonsensical and bizarre.. in my opinion of course.

There is a thread on these already, the thread starter called them pyramids with the all seeing eye on top instead of aliens though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, perhaps the "Eye of Horus" - actually how long before someone mentions that this could be a way of getting the British public ready for more "cute" CCTV's in public places. Big Brother IS watching you!

And of course, this is also symbolized as the all seeing "Eye of Sauron" in J.R.R. Tolkein's "The Lord of the Rings". I wonder if Tolkein would have imagined a future world where this eye would be monitoring the hapless hobbits in every corner of the Shire?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The ALL SEEING ILLUMINATI EYE gets the Hanna Barbera treatment.
Who'da thunk it?
I hate the Olympics more every year.

Who was the dead english guy that talked about all the masonic imagery in the London layout of the Olympic village? I can't recall his name right now....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Posted previously

Original Thread

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join