It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students' stunned by 25 UFO lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.highland-news.co.uk...

MORE than two dozen UFO lights have been spotted over the skies of Inverness in one night. advertising Click here to find out more! The sighting of 25 orange lights was made by a group of eight students who were holidaying in Foyers to celebrate completing their university courses. The women are adamant that these were not Chinese lanterns as the lights travelled across the skies in a straight line and were all equally spaced. At one point during their strange half-hour experience, two of the lights almost collided, but then quickly changed direction to avoid contact

Im not sure how reliable the highland news is with stories like this , but it looks like an interesting case.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
wow, very interesting! Do you have any pictures??

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46abf40d9742.jpg[/atsimg]
This is the only picture that they show. Blurry cell phone pic I think.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
There is a picture if you can call it that if you click on the link provided.

It's not exactly stunning.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The women are adamant that these were not Chinese lanterns as the lights travelled across the skies in a straight line and were all equally spaced.

No because Chinese lanterns zig zag around the sky at different speeds

Sorry OP but really , this story is a perfect description of lanterns , I can't wait until they ban the dam things .

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
They look like blurry guppies in a fishtank

Not sure what I think...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

The women are adamant that these were not Chinese lanterns as the lights travelled across the skies in a straight line and were all equally spaced.

No because Chinese lanterns zig zag around the sky at different speeds

Sorry OP but really , this story is a perfect description of lanterns , I can't wait until they ban the dam things .

Most likely chinese lanterns , but 25 of them?? Dont these set fires in the woods?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

The first time I saw a group of about 10-15 Chinese lanterns [ about 10 years ago ] I thought it was a alien invasion , I'd never heard of Chinese lanterns before , it was the talk of the town for a few days and even got reported in the local paper .
Apparently there was a wedding at a local hotel and they had been released as part of the celebrations .

bluemooone2
Dont these set fires in the woods

Yep and they are a danger to livestock which is why there is talk of banning them , they also make drunk ufologists wet themselves with excitement

[edit on 20-5-2010 by gortex]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

yeah, I got suckered in by those damned chinese lanterns myself once...long time ago

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Ha, yeah. There was a thread about "UFOs" in my area here Turns out they were lanterns. I know that these were Chinese lanterns, because it was my mates setting the bloody things off for a birthday party. I was there at the time! Same date, time and town.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have no idea what to think about this. The site didn't seem like the most legit source but i don't really doubt that it happened i just expected to see it somewhere else besides here.

I'm sure that some people will even discount the siting because many eye witnesses where children but i see this as just adding to the many interesting cases.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

hahahahahah

it looks like a giant ...... johnson

sorry had to be said , when i seen the pic thats the first joke that popped into mind!

dr evils at it again? someone call powers!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just attempted a thread on this, as somehow didn't see your (sorry). Anyway, I found some additonal stories of other incidents. This area appears to be a hotbed of activity.

The primary thing/UFO seen is an orange disk. Photos also. enjoy.

S&F.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The primary thing/UFO seen is an orange disk.

I think on further investigation you will find that most , if not all sightings of slow moving orange disks are Chinese lanterns .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Looks like some amber/orange type ufo orbs scouting around. These witnesses will probably be brainwashed into believing they were fireflies, swamp gas, Chinese lanterns, weather balloons, etc. I just hope they find ATS

new topics

top topics

join