It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Have A Future?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Debates may rage, opinions may change , as long as the world turns
no matter who likes it and who dosn't. No matter who believes and who dosn't,
God is the future. No one can disagree his word, the Bible is indestructible. No matter who has set out to destroy the word of God,
THE Biible they have been met by absolute failure. You,
or no one can destroy, alter, or imatate the word. The ancient text will always be with.
Any rebuttles? Any retorts ? Who can deny this fact?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
The ancient text will always be with.
Any rebuttles? Any retorts ? Who can deny this fact?

Indeed, there will always be credulous people keeping the ancient fables alive. However, the bible, like other texts before it, will eventually get lost in history same as the prior religions before it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Followers who may control, condemn and kill everyone else not like them because of their absolute faith in a religion, a book/books written or created by man but is supposed to be inspired by God, which an atheist consider to be non-existent?

Drummer
I can only wish I had the guts to be this wrong, in other words .
You got any money ? Are you a betting man?

I jest with you only out of respect. I have read many of your thoughts on these subjects. You always avoid being offensive while displaying your stern opposition. Respect .

[edit on 20-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by sirnex
I don't think 'God" has a future in science. First, I have to ask *which* God? Why can't Osiris have a future in science? What do people have against Osiris? Why isn't everyone worshiping him?

I don't think science has a place for deities anyway. I think the question really becomes a matter of whether science will advance far enough to encroach onto all the territories currently occupied by deities effectively enough to eliminate them as a viable concept. I'm not certain science is what will do it. Atheism and agnosticism seems more closely associated with economic enrichment rather than strictly scientific knowledge. There is also no construct in place to educate the masses to many of our scientific advancements.

I'm fairly confident that science has already dispelled the various mythologies of creation and their subsequent deities. This is the very reason why we don't celebrate each new day giving thanks Ra. Well, that and the Christians were very blood thirsty back in the day.

The problem is, we do have a way to educate the masses, it just lags severely behind current research. If we could implement a way to keep the curriculum up to speed with new discoveries, we wouldn't have much of a problem, or as bad as one at least.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Think about it.... and come to understand the Paradoxical Algorithm...

It has everything to do with the OP.

Ref.

Except for the platonic solids and maybe a rhombus or two.

How do You arrive at this Conclusion???

As I said all are of ether Straight or Curved Forms or the Combination of Both.....

Think about it and Understand The "Algorithm" all is Created through...

The All is both Past & Future in the Present...

So the Future already exists.

So there is a Future involving The All.....

From the Gospel of Thomas.... quote;

2. Jesus said,

“Let him who seeks, continue seeking, until he finds.

When he finds, he will become troubled.

When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished,
and he will rule over The All.”

And....

77. Jesus said,

“It is I who Am The LIGHT (Not Human) above them all.

It is I who Am The All.

From Me did The All come forth, and unto Me
did The All extend.

Split a piece of wood,
and I am there.

Lift up the stone,
and you Will Find Me there.”

[edit on 20-5-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

I am a religious man but I must say you're pretty far out there, The gospel you're quoting is in my opinion not a good example. The controversy around it is evident of this... If you believe the bible to be a book written under guidance of a god, wouldn't it only be logical to conclude that same god has the ability to keep his own book complete? the fact that the gospel of thomas is not part of the bible should be enough evidence to reject it in its entirety from the teachings of the bible... otherwise you'd just be composing your own religion (wich is your own choice to do so if you wish BTW) but then dont call it christian teachings, call it MATRIX teachings or something

But anyway I dont believe science will eventually be so conclusive that we could say the supernatural doesn't exist. It exists all around us and it appears to have a free will wich is evident by the numerous accounts of haunting on this very site... also take into account that you'd have a VERY hard time reading about a pleasant haunting experience... (In my POV this is explained by the teaching that the fallen angels reside here on earth, they are BAD-BAD). Also I pointed out before (also checking out with biblical teachings BTW) the more scientists these days study and find answers to questions, the more questions arise from their findings... As I recall this is a re-occuring theme in all fields... so for now the finish isn't really in plain sight... however if science would one day answer everything I believe society will shake on its foundations... just dont see that day coming yet

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

the fact that the gospel of thomas is not part of the bible should be enough evidence to reject it in its entirety from the teachings of the bible...

Universities refer to these writings, as Christian writings even if you don't....

Sorry I can't change this Fact just for you….

otherwise you'd just be composing your own religion (wich is your own choice to do so if you wish BTW) but then dont call it christian teachings, call it MATRIX teachings or something

No offence intended, but instead in the spirit of friendly communication....

As for calling it my own religion well J.C. is my Teacher in Person…..

I have been to "The Marriage Supper"....

Even if you can't accept this, you are powerless to change this Fact.

If you can convince me you are greater than J.C. then I will follow you…..

I prefer to Stay with my Lord Jesus Christ than follow you…

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Hey dont get me wrong I wasn't criticizing you... Its just that I wanted to point out that even though university's might be using it doesn't mean they should... As I understand the opinion on this matter is quite divided.... And since the bible explicitly mentions to not add or take anything from the bible it is wise for a christian to verify wether a text truly belongs IN the bible (now if you can present me with unrefutable evidence this gospel was indeed part of the bible you'd be doing a fellow christian a favor). there are tons of supossed cannon texts around the world, everyone of them shedding different light.. With the gospel of thomas a simple google-search came up with nothing but negative comments... for example:
www.gotquestions.org...
Now dont get me wrong I dont want to change your faith but your posts struck me as sincere so I feel I must at least point out to you the risks of leaping before looking. I am in no way above our king but our king has profoundly warned us of false prophets in the last days. so the warning i'm passing to you came directly from J.C. as the bible tells... If you sincerely look for the truth, you WILL find it...

I read up on the marriage supper you mentioned but as far as I'm concerned you couldn't have been there.... if you were... you'd be in heaven according to your interpretation, according to mine you'd be in a paradise and most of humanity would have died by now... so either way... that statement is simply false

[edit on 21-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

I do understand where You are coming from…

But this is my testimony, for the restoring of any Soul....

The bible is a collection of Greek and Hebrew writings and of Roman Doctrine.

Christian Writings and Roman Doctrine are 2 entirely different themes.

What I witnessed at my Lords table in person, was totally different than Roman doctrine, that also includes all denominations that have their roots in Roman doctrine.

My Lord made No mention of the Roman church, or any other denomination of human kind.

He never made mention to, or of a bible ???

I put my Trust (Faith) in J.C. and Not in any human being...

J.C. said to me "Let not you put your trust in any person, but in The Father ONLY"...

Jesus said,

“Blessed are the Solitary and Elect, for you will find The Kingdom.
For you are from it, and to it you will return.”

50. Jesus said,

“If they say to you, “Where did you come from?”

say to them,

“We came from The Light, the place where The Light came into being on Its own accord
and established Itself and became manifest through their Image.”

If they say to you,

“Is it you?”

say, “We are its children, and we are the elect of The Living Father.”

If they ask you, “What is the sign of your Father in you?”

say to them,

“It is Movement and Repose.”

I sat so close to J.C. at His Table at the Marriage Supper I could touch Him...

I ate 12 Fruits from a large golden bowl and Drank in his presence...

As I Ate and Drank neither of these depleted, yet I filled myself to the point where I could Not eat or drink any more...

I was also told by J.C. that I would Not experience Death but remain with Him for ever even though the Flesh and the Earth shall pass away...

I also witnessed the Birth of "The Man Child" mentioned in “The Revelation of J.C.” and was spoken to, by J.C. And Entered in to The New Jerusalem.

But No Flesh can enter into this City nor anything that defiles.

Each day I pass through the Gates, and talk of those Heavenly things, that Flesh can Not See, but the Offspring Only...

But as I said, No human can Change this, as My Lord has given me my reward, that does Not involve the Flesh of this World but a new garment....

I am a witness to these things, and no longer follow after the things of this world, but give freely of those things, I have both seen and heard.

I have No reward on earth, except that I should be hated by the flesh.

But in saying this, no human can take from me, that which My Lord has given me, seeing that All flesh is powerless to change anything.

It does not matter if humankind should mock me, or accuse me of lying, as it has no affect on that which was given to me, and no one on Earth has the power to rob me of this.

I read up on the marriage supper you mentioned but as far as I'm concerned you couldn't have been there.... if you were... you'd be in heaven according to your interpretation, according to mine you'd be in a paradise and most of humanity would have died by now... so either way... that statement is simply false.

Your argument is with J.C. Not me, as I have written truthfully with J.C. being my witness.

But as I have said I understand where you are coming from....

As J.C. says there will be mockers in these days...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I jest with you only out of respect. I have read many of your thoughts on these subjects. You always avoid being offensive while displaying your stern opposition. Respect .

Thank you, my friend. I know we take different sides on this issue and I appreciate your respect and interesting conversation.

I'll throw down a dollar on your bet!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

The passion of your writing makes me wonder exactly what it is you've witnessed.. Jesus invites anyone willing, to follow him. In that light if you are the witness you claim to be (not saying you are not but just saying I cant onfirm it yet) you should also be following Jesus's commandment and his example of "recruiting" sotospeak... with that in mind could you help me see things from your POV? maybe its better to start a U2U from this point on.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by faceoff85]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I tend to believe that the alien enthusiasts are bordering on becoming a religious type institution.

If you consider that fact that there are many UFO cults now, waiting for the aliens to come and bring them salvation through various otherworldy means, then you're definetly right on that one. The only thing they lack is credibility to the masses.

Hey, isn't scientology just a trumped up UFO cult? What with their space operas and intergalatic alien souls trapped in meat bodies and all?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I may not agree with you in some things
but
I too have respect for you and the way you treat others.
Your passion doesn't override your decency to others and their opinions.

It's nice to agree to disagree without being a bully and using emotions to overkill the poster who might disagree.

Being new on here, I'm learning to weed out the god like attitudes and their puppets real fast.

Respect is a two way street, those who have peace show it outwardly and are respected unlike those who harbor hate and some sense of self righteousness.

Thank you for being a responsible OP and poster
I'll throw down a dollar too.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Thank you for being a responsible OP and poster
I'll throw down a dollar too.

Likewise, sir/ma'am.
There's really no way to make any progress on the discussion of these ideas if we have to endure a verbal slap fight. Just like the video in the O.P., Shermer and Chopra engage in respectful conversation even though they are both polarized on the issue. Be nice or argue twice!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
Science answers how. Science can never answer why. Science does not know the inner nature of particles, singularities or even gravity. They got theory’s on how it happened. But never why.

And neither can religion...at least not to the point of providing any credible evidence. They "fill the gaps" in lack of knowledge with fairy tales and totally made up theories that lack any scientific basis.

Just look at how many different religions there are. If we assume that one is the "correct" one (and for all we know they might all be wrong), all the others are wrong. So billions of people are following a fairy tale. Not a single religion has evidence or proof of anything that would support their theory...

I don't get why people just can't accept that there's things we can't know (yet). Instead, they put faith into fairy tales without any proof whatsoever to make them feel better. Nothing wrong with that if it makes you happy...but in the end it's just self-deception.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The question of the topic should have been: "did the unbelievers have a future"

The funniest thing is that it's the unbelievers who speak about God's future, you don't believe in him so why to speak about the future of a non existing entity?

Sooner than you expect, you'll get news from God, you'll believe in him, but I announce you it would be too late for you.

To believe in God is a long path, you first have to be fair and then God may guide you, but if you are an unfair person, you'll never believe in God.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by TheTruthIsFromGod]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthIsFromGod

The funniest thing is that it's the unbelievers who speak about God's future, you don't believe in him so why to speak about the future of a non existing entity?

Sooner than you expect, you'll get news from God, you'll believe in him, but I announce you it would be too late for you.

To believe in God is a long path, you first have to be fair and then God may guide you, but if you are an unfair person, you'll never believe in God.

I cant agree with the standpoint you take.... instead of taking on a mentality of "I told you so" the bible teaches to do your utmost best to show others the right path... Your comment above is more ackin to ridicule. Dont think god would aprove of that (assuming god exists)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It's not a "funny thing". Whether you believe or not, the fact that so many people from so many cultures believe in deities it is a strong sociological phenomenon that affects the lives of everyone, including non-believers.

Since science frequently claims territories previously occupied by deities it becomes a valid question as to whether there will be any place left for gods as science continues to progress.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85

I cant agree with the standpoint you take.... instead of taking on a mentality of "I told you so" the bible teaches to do your utmost best to show others the right path... Your comment above is more ackin to ridicule. Dont think god would aprove of that (assuming god exists)

I speak about the people who does not want God even he exists or not. Anyway, I am not a judge for the people, I am only repeating God's words.

If one choose to submit to the Almighty, he has nothing to fear and he will receive a great reward on this earth and in the after life.

I have told nothing wrong in my claim, nothing hateful, so the people have to assume their choices.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

It's not a "funny thing". Whether you believe or not, the fact that so many people from so many cultures believe in deities it is a strong sociological phenomenon that affects the lives of everyone, including non-believers.

Since science frequently claims territories previously occupied by deities it becomes a valid question as to whether there will be any place left for gods as science continues to progress.

God has nothing to do with matters of culture or society. God is far above all of that.

God is the Creator of the Universe, your Creator and mine.

Saying what you've said is as if you say the Sun depends on a sociological phenomenon or on our thoughts.

What God is or what the Sun is (that's just to maintain the comparison, God is not the Sun, but its Creator) have nothing to do with how we imagine them.

They exist and are here whether we accept it or not, so, just like it's better to believe that the sun exists, it's fine to believe in God and in his last revelation: The Koran, otherwise, once resurected, you'll have no choice than going in hell with the exiles, the demons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join