It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live Show #7 - NOW AVAILABLE ON THE REWIND! PLAYER

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ok, I will give you that, you play members music. That is awsome, but why is everything, like I asked soudning like Depeche Mode?

It's still, clearly your tastes, and have you asked members to submitt music that they want to hear?

There is a big world out there, and not all of your tastes are in it. Even member wise.

It's just my observation.

You can attract more flies with honey, it the whole reason for you existance it to get people from around the world to participate.

And, you know it's true. Your music selections, really only appeal to you, at this point.

You might be polite in asking subsribers for suggestions, is what I am saying.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
*voice from the crowd*
Play Free Bird!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Nef has asked for member input MANY times. He makes it clear that the show is FOR us. If you have something (Royalty free) that you'd like him to play, send him a link.

And it's not only Nef's tastes that are being satisfied. I LOVED the music tonight. Have you heard all the shows? The music is vary varied.

I'm not sure where you're going with all this. You're being really critical of something that is given to us for FREE. If you have other music that you want to hear, shoot him a link. I don't know what the problem is. What's done is done. It's not like he can go back and change tonight's music.

It's 4 AM where he is. He stays up all night to bring us this show. And he does a GRAND job. C'mon. Be a little more appreciative, please?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Ok, I will give you that, you play members music. That is awsome, but why is everything, like I asked soudning like Depeche Mode?

It's still, clearly your tastes, and have you asked members to submitt music that they want to hear?

There is a big world out there, and not all of your tastes are in it. Even member wise.

You can attract more flies with honey, it the whole reason for you existance it to get people from around the world to participate.

And, you know it's true. Your music selections, really only appeal to you, at this point.

Im really not understanding this complaining. This show is ALL volunteer. We need to take breaks now and then thus the music breaks.

Again, Nef has asked numerous times for members to submit their own music. Some have and he has played it. He also can only play what he is given permission to play. Do you have some FREE music that the artist will give him permission to play? If so, please submit it to him.

Have you listend to all 7 shows and the full 3 hours? Or is this complaning based on just tonight?

link   

No, Nef must get music that isn't copyrighted. That would be a big NO NO if he didn't. I think the music's good.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by intrepid]

link   

If you think everything sounds like Depeche Mode, then you haven't listened to Depeche Mode recently, have you?

You know what, we had a great show tonight. People really enjoyed it. Sorry you didn't like the music. If you want to donate the $1600 for a commercial music license, then maybe I won't have to spend 5-7 hours a week trying to find podsafe creative commons music that is broadcast quality and useable that doesn't sound like someone playing a gameboy.

link   

That is not true in the least. However, as has been said to you before submit your suggestions as long as they are free and pod safe.

I would also like to add that Nef has expanded my music tastes. He's darn good at what he does and instead of blasting him how bout making some reasonable suggestions instead of blindly complaining about a show that to all accounts is highly popular.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
*voice from the crowd*
Play Free Bird!

*live*

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I really think it is a royalty issue at the time, and granted, something that should have been thought out, by ATS. Really, I for one, don't like the music, and would appreciate music from all the world communites represnted on ATS, for the DAHhhhhhhhhhhhhh, intermissions.

Respect your members, and enlighten a few to music, in you dead time, is all I am asking.

Want this to be a worldwide forum, ok, nef's musical choices don't make it so.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

I have made suggestions, via a U2U.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

Great, if you like 80's music.

I don't find his tastes diversive enough for the diversive crowd on ATS.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Want this to be a worldwide forum, ok, nef's musical choices don't make it so.

Fine. Next week you run the show. Figure out how to do it, where to get the music from, sort out the topics, pay for the stream hosting and we'll see how you are received.

Enjoy

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I missed the show because I had some problem with the plugin, I can't download it using firefox. It happens often?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I have made suggestions, via a U2U.

And complaints on the board. If you REALLY have a beef, u2u ME. I'm a musical wizard.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

link   

GREAT show tonight everyone!
Especially all the personal stories of the "paranormal" experiences.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Phage
*voice from the crowd*
Play Free Bird!

*live*

Semper?

/just kidding. Lol

[edit on 22-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

link   
reply to post by intrepid

Now that would entail royalties being paid...........lol

I guess, baby steps are needed here. But the point is, play stuff, people actually want to listen to, to gain membership????????????

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Nef.....

The music's great mate!!!!!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

No.
Just no.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yeah, but what about the clothing they wear during the show?

You think they would dress up a little more to show some class...

and I concur on the free bird...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join