It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haitian Farmers Commit to Burning Monsanto Hybrid Seeds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

The seeds are GENETICALLY MODIFIED so you can spray PESTICIDE on them and produce more yields. That sounds all nice and everything but our GENOME has developed along with the ORGANIC (NON GMO) GENOME of plants for 100,000 years. When you start to mess with the genetics, our bodies recognize the genetics of these GMO plants as something not normal and your body only breaks down some nutrition properly and the rest is left over to cause health problems that haven't been around since the GMO of plants has started.

It's foolish to try to alter the genetics of mother nature.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Maybe you can help me understand: what exactly is the problem with genetically modified seeds? I've heard a lot of arguments against them that seem based on strange assumptions, yet I've heard many scientists from many fields claiming that the anti-GM seed fervor is irrational and will ultimately cost lives. Help please?

Where is original post by traditionaldrummer, couldn't find it.
Anyway, what part of destroys your internal organs don't you understand. GM seeds are bad news.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Allow me to help explain the sheer insanity and greed for profits by Monsanto that demonstrate a complete disregard for God's creation and our future survival.

Monsanto is now working on terminator seed for trees........yes trees. So that they can make designer forrests for industry........in other words....clear out all the land and grow only a certain kind of tree.

Now any forrestor will tell you that you need variety in the forrest, trees, bushes, weeds and all the organics in order to counter balance and survive disease, insect predators, etc.

And what happens if the terminator seeds cross pollinate with real forrests??

They say that can't happen........

......so they say.

I don't trust any entity that puts profit before humans and the Earth's biosphere/living species to tell me what won't and what will happen as a result of their drive to dominate a market place.

The Bible is right "The love of money is the root to all evils"

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
In America it is getting almost impossible to choose not to eat GMO foods. Their are so many ingredients in the foods sold in grocery stores, you can be sure you're eating GMO. it is getting virtually impossible to buy GMO free food unless it is labeled to be GMO free. Here is a guide that will be of some help.

www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

Monsanto is basically trying to get control of the world food supply. And from what I've heard all the tests prove the GMO food isn't safe and causes all types of health problems.

The first step to getting rid of the GMO Foods is to require they are labeled.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0

The seeds are GENETICALLY MODIFIED so you can spray PESTICIDE on them and produce more yields.

Correction: The seeds are GENETICALLY MODIFIED so you can spray roundup on plants that sprout from the seeds without killing the plants. Roundup kills weeds so it's more like an herbicide than a pesticide. Roundup would kill the corn too if it wasn't genetically modified to resist dying from the roundup.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
GMOs are dangerous! Coast to Coast did a 3 hours about them on Tuesday. If you eat GMO corn, they produce a pesticide that can kill bugs, but that gets into the flora in you gut and can cause all sorts of problems. You actually start to poison yourself. Dr. Smith has a web site that explains all the dangers.
Check out his web site at
www.nongmoshoppingguide.com...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If Haiti accepts these seeds from Monsanto, they will be beholden to the corporation for the rest of time.

Go to the corn belt and see how Monstanto treats not only it's own farmers, but those farmers who refuse to take their GM seeds. You could also watch "Food, Inc." that explains who this whole rotten corporation works.

Monsanto seeds will mix with the natural seeds in Haiti, and then Monsanto will claim juristication over the whole Haitian food crop, saying that the natural seeds are now their property as they've been mixed in.

Way to go Haiti for refusing help from these monsters - there are plenty of other food supplies (Canada, EU, etc) waiting to be shipped so that they don't have to rely on Monsanto.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I think this says enough. Edited to add disturbing picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d37af4585d4.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

So instead of high crop yields you want low crop yields for poor farmers.

Come back when you learn anything about GMO foods or molecular biology, child.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Johnmike]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
They have a "terminator" gene that makes the seeds produce a plant that won't produce more seed or that the seeds it does produce are sterile...so the poor country and farmers have to buy more seed from.... Monsanto
rather than using the seeds that would otherwise naturally be produced with a crop....

Also by cross contamination, any neighbour can grow Monsanto seeds and he will be sued to oblivion or join their evil scheme.
Also the seeds are so dangerous that people handling them need protective gloves and such.
Would you be forced to have one big company providing your genetically modified water every year at their price, when you have free fresh water under your feet?

They also have a GERMINATOR gene - you need to buy special chemicals to cause the seeds to grow - MONSANTO IS ABOUT AS AMERICAN AS IT GETS - pure evil....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is like so many things it seems. Both sides of the argument have some valid points. Both sides lie to make their points. Both sides present their respective radical views to exaggerate the situation. Like the photo which is really tacky considering after all these years not one shred of proof exists that MSG's in moderate amounts do anything to anyone for instance.

Haiti has problems way worse than these seeds. Their government is an organized crime mob and the citizens are basically held hostage by gangs. An earthquake that would barely be noticed in most modern cities leveled their homes because of corruption in their government and construction industry.

The people in Haiti who lead these movements impose their views through force, often being more dangerous than the supposed wrong they tout to keep their power.

Now with these seeds and the crops they produce. If we were to eliminate them worldwide, right now, today; millions if not tens of millions would starve the first season. If we do as the radicals we see posting here would wish, who is responsible for all those deaths? Them? Heck no! They don't think that way. The implications of their actions don't matter to them at all. They would cheer if they somehow won and they would ignore the millions who starved and consider them unimportant.

Most people who lead these causes are far more corrupt than what they fight against. They lie. They cite phony studies. They ignore facts. They never give alternative solutions, because they never have any. And if they are wrong, they never, ever admit it.

Now companies like Monsanto also lie and misguide people. In part to fend of the lies from the other side. Next thing you know, you have both sides lying and exaggerating to the point nobody can figure out the truth.

Then to make it worse; their business competitors plant people on boards like this to spread propaganda to take their business away from them.

It's an endless circle that invades many parts of our lives.

I find the biggest hippocracy in the fact we live longer than ever and we stay healthy to a much later age than ever before. If they are right about all these poisons in our foods, how exactly is it this can happen. It could not is the truth. So which part is lies and which part is truth?

Look at China. Since adopting Western Medicine and Agriculture, their life spans have increase to nearly our levels. It was so dramatic that China actually made folk medicine a criminal offense and its now practiced on the Black Market in China.

Who do we believe considering all of this? Nobody! If there is no peer reviewed study from a recognized source its a damn lie. If the people saying it on either side are on the money end or even if they are just paranoid people who are victims of the profiteers, don't trust them. Verify, verify, verify.

These studies coming from tiny unheard of facilities that are never peer reviewed are garbage. Trickery by fanatics and those who want to sell you snake oil to cure your ills and horrible quality crap grown by so called organic methods is rampant. I doubt the Organic foods are organic at all. They sneak in pesticides or they would go bankrupt overnight due to the crop destruction from insects. Stick a label on it that says organic, spread rumors all over the Internet and sit back and rake in the bucks.

Who knows what the real story is on the stuff coming from South and Central America. Nobody regulating those folks and I doubt the stickers and labels mean anything. I guess they do mean "buy my crappy product that tastes bad just because I stuck a label on it and I'll laugh at you all the way to my bank. What you don't know is I put organic spit from my own mouth in every box I sell it to you dumb Westerners. By the way, I'm an activist, please send in a donation would ya? My Coca crops are not so hot this year."

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
After the House of Rothschilds and the mil-ind complex, this is the corporation that could very well be called as NWO enforcers.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sometimes progress is just going backwards. The older I get, the more I see that.

The best pesticide in the world, is also some of the best fertilizer - This I have discovered, is as humble as a few chickens. Yet they are illegal in most places.

For thousands of years we humans evolved with a few animals right beside us all along the way. Now we only want them if they are rounded up in a dark crowded stinky house and presented lifeless on a styrofoam tray or in an 8 pc box.

If people only knew what I knew...Monsanto's biggest enemy would be a yard bird.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Haiti has problems way worse than these seeds. Their government is an organized crime mob and the citizens are basically held hostage by gangs.

No, you are mistaken.

This is the biggest problem that Haitian's have right now. Possibly ever.

They know it. They've just shown us how vitally important this is.

It's bigger than govt, it's bigger than riots, it's bigger than the current food shortages. This is their entire future that is being directly threatened. These "stupid" Haitian farmers are smart enough to KNOW what it MEANS. They know slavery when they see it, and the new slave traders go by the name MONSANTO.

Take notes.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Being against GMO won't eventually cost lives, that's Monsanto's propaganda. Actually, humanity doesn't need GMO to give food to everyone. Fair rules should be enough.
On the contrary, GMO already cost lives as many indian farmers commit suicide because they believed Monsanto's propaganda (ads on TV). They soon realized they had made a very bad choice : they get indebted because they have to buy every year new seeds to Monsanto (before, they would use the previous year's seeds... for free) and GMO have very bad yield there so they produce a bad quality cotton and not enough to pay back their creditors.
Being against GMO is far from being irrational, it is just common sense.

A film for you:

Google Video Link

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I posted a thread back in 2005 here, I honestly think there's something more than money in their motives. This was confirmed in my mind when one of the first acts of the temporary occupation Government we set up after the Iraq invasion was to begin requring them to use GM seeds. Sounds crazy, but we're letting a company that filtered down from IG Farben and produced US Defense Dept. contracted chemical weapons like Agent Orange slowly monopolize global food production with untested, and honestly freakish, genetic anamolies like Jellyfish/Corn, yummy.
The thread is here...
Monsanto Getting Creepier and Creepier
Making two headed sheep in a lab is one thing, forcing genetic mutation into global food prducing crops, and livestock, and designing such things which are unable to reproduce is unacceptable, and very well could be a threat to our very civilization.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Maybe you can help me understand: what exactly is the problem with genetically modified seeds? I've heard a lot of arguments against them that seem based on strange assumptions, yet I've heard many scientists from many fields claiming that the anti-GM seed fervor is irrational and will ultimately cost lives. Help please?

I do not know much about the adverse health problems in relation to their seeds, but one thing I have read about Monsanto is that (paraphrasing here as I have never fully researched all there is to know about this), but something that has to do with....Monsanto has pretty much COPYRIGHTED their patented seed dynamics or something to that affect. Like ANY AND ALL crops grown using their seeds (I have heard that many farmers in the U.S. have complained about Monsantos monopoly and how they impose BIG TIME restrictions on the food that is produced from their seeds, and how they then get paid...royalties ??? or something, and that there are tight restrictions/regulations against the farmers who use their seeds or something).

I had only read a couple articles on it, and just remember saying to myself as I read them "Dude like WTF?!? That is WRONG!!". But it also stated something like Monsanto has genetically engineered their seeds in such a way (with the pesticides) that yields a large crop, and should any farmers try and use say an organic seed, or something other than Monsanto, then they no longer work as well and become plagued with insects/disease. I know I am coming from out on left field here, maybe one of you all can elaborate and put into context what it is I am trying to contribute here lol.

Oh and I also had read something about Monsanto...should a farmer use their seeds, that they have even went so far as to try and lay claim to a portion of the farmers fields because again...it has something to do with them and their special seeds that they think that wherever the seeds are planted, it now supposedly gives them the right to demand profits based off of size/amount of seeds used, etc... I just remember it being some SHADY ASS S#$T!! Strong arm tactics type BS. I could be wrong tho. Anyways my .02

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Monsanto Australia, seemed these guys capiltalised on world war 2 , these guys are now making food? check their history i found ..concerning Australia..Smells of illuminati , worth mentioning their involvement with Texaco Chemicals...

Huntsman Chemical Corporation Australia, is based at West Footscray, Victoria. The company manufactures styrene and styrene polymers including unsaturated polyester resins, and some phenol, acetone and phenolic resins from largely imported benzene. The plant imports more than 80 per cent its benzene (and BTX) raw materials. The company was previously known as Monsanto Australia and later as Chemplex. It is a related company to Huntsman Corporation Australia that has assumed some of the chemical (eg. ethoxylates) manufacturing operations of Orica.

Monsanto Australia began in the 1928 as a manufacturer of pharmaceutical chemicals and progressively diversified into chemicals made from phenol and later from benzene supplied by Australia's steel plants. Over the next two decades, production shifted from phenol to styrene-derived chemicals. Strategic alliances and its linkage helped Monsanto gain advantage over the former operations of the Australian companies Timbrol and CSR Chemicals in styrene chemicals.

After purchase by the Consolidated Press Holdings (Kerry Packer group of companies) and trading as Chemplex, it could claim to be the largest Australian-owned chemical manufacturing company. In 1993, doubts were identified about the benzene-using industry in Australia when Shell Australia was quoted in European Chemical News (17 May, page 18) as having considered a benzene extraction plant at one of its refineries but is "uncertain whether a local and dependent market can be found". Also in 1993, one-half of Chemplex was sold to the Huntsman Chemical Corporation of the USA (with sales of US$5bn in 1998) for A$70 million. In 1993 as well, Consolidated Press and Huntsman Chemical Corp purchased the USA-based Texaco Chemical.

In December 1998, Huntsman Corporation operation , purchased the surfactants business of Orica at Botany, New South Wales for A$155m. The surfactants are ethylene oxide based and includes the ethylene oxide plant (30 000 tpa capacity).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If you offer GMO corn and regular corn to a squirrel, he'll take the regular, same thing with cows, mice, chickens...they all know there is a problem. If you force an animal to eat, it decreases fertility and increases infant mortality rates. If you examine intestines of animals fed GMO corn, they show discorloration and ulceration. No one is testing to see why. The best theory is that the gene that causes the plant to produce pesticides gets into the flora in your gut and then you start to produce pesticides "in house" effectively poisioning your self. Yes, it happens in cows and pigs, but it can happen in your gut just as well. Did you know that many companies buy GMO corn for snacks?? They do, but not in Europe. The folks over there had it banned. We should do that here in America too!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If you want to know more about Monsanto and GM corn watch the documentary film "The Future of Food" by Deborah Koons Garcia. Monsanto is f...ing evil!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join