page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+68 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Haitian Farmers Commit to Burning Monsanto Hybrid Seeds

www.truthout.org

"A new earthquake" is what peasant farmer leader Chavannes Jean-Baptiste of the Peasant Movement of Papay (MPP) called the news that Monsanto will be donating 60,000 seed sacks (475 tons) of hybrid corn seeds and vegetable seeds, some of them treated with highly toxic pesticides. The MPP has committed to burning Monsanto's seeds, and has called for a march to protest the corporation's presence in Haiti on June 4, for World Environment Day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+44 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I wish I could give a high five to all of Haiti. That's how people should react to the Monsanto's agricultural terrorism. They only want to dominate the world's food chain, literally. Not only that but they are putting people's health at risk with their poisonous seeds.
Too bad no one can stand up to them but some poor farmer of a small devastated nation.
I hope this is a wake up call for the rest of the world.

www.truthout.org

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Maybe you can help me understand: what exactly is the problem with genetically modified seeds? I've heard a lot of arguments against them that seem based on strange assumptions, yet I've heard many scientists from many fields claiming that the anti-GM seed fervor is irrational and will ultimately cost lives. Help please?

+37 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Ive heard of GMO fruit/vegetables whose seeds are modified to not germinate. You can buy new seeds from Monsanto. Stupid mother nature making everything free.

+8 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

I was thinking along exactly the same lines as you. If the Haitians accept these seeds (if they're modified in such a way that prevents them being able to reproduce) and plant them, cross pollinating with their viable seed-bearing crops will be disastrous for this country. Seems like a sure-fire way to get that Georgia Guide Stones "prophecy" into action... if the country can't afford more seeds, they aren't going to be able to afford to import food either and the country will starve.

+37 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
They have a "terminator" gene that makes the seeds produce a plant that won't produce more seed or that the seeds it does produce are sterile...so the poor country and farmers have to buy more seed from.... Monsanto
rather than using the seeds that would otherwise naturally be produced with a crop....

Also by cross contamination, any neighbour can grow Monsanto seeds and he will be sued to oblivion or join their evil scheme.
Also the seeds are so dangerous that people handling them need protective gloves and such.
Would you be forced to have one big company providing your genetically modified water every year at their price, when you have free fresh water under your feet?

+23 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Those Haitians are probably the worst off in the world, next to maybe the Gaza folk.

And they still have their self respect, intelligence, and pride.

This is such an important statement they are making, despite having been screwed over continually for years, they refuse to accept this monsanto-horse (new version of the trojan) which would without doubt cause massive crop failures over the next few (crucial) years.

Anybody see how co-ordinated TPTB efforts are?

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

If you go to the link from the OP in the main post on the story, you'll get alot more information and some of the backstory about Monsanto.

Its nice to see that Haiti famers are going to keep their industry as clear away from Monsanto as possible - they have my full respect and support on this matter. All power to them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I suspect they may retaliate against them. Maybe this stuff will still end up contaminating their crops somehow. I hope they have good security.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Maybe you can help me understand: what exactly is the problem with genetically modified seeds? I've heard a lot of arguments against them that seem based on strange assumptions, yet I've heard many scientists from many fields claiming that the anti-GM seed fervor is irrational and will ultimately cost lives. Help please?

What about "covered in pesticides" don't you understand?

The GMO thing is secondary to the fact that they are already covered in pesticides.

+9 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There are good videos out there about monsanto seeds. One thing is this terminator gene that prevents grown seeds from germinating.

Another creepy thing they have done is create "super crops" that produce 2-3 times more food per area, but need chemical fertilizers. The chemical fertilizers destroy the ground, and nothing will grow in it, except for these modified strains. And even the modified strains won't, if you don't use these fertilizers. And ofcourse, the only company to produce the fertilizer: monsanto

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I've never liked the idea of GM seeds myself if we are going to try and play God with genetic engineering I think food is a pretty bad choice to start with if something does go wrong it could have very serious consequences.

I've been reading lately they have in essence made weeds evolve into super weeds so we would appear to be back at square one.

I worry more about long term effects though if they can change the DNA of other plants just by growing close to them what other DNA can they effect and how long before we noticed.
For a pretty far out scenario if the food effected us could one day Monsanto sue all of us for property theft based on our own DNA or even legally own us.

Granted that's more like a bad sci-fi movie but it's in the realms of possibility a simpler plot might be we can't grow enough food anymore.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
   GMO   

This is a good start. It is only a matter of time before other countries follow suit. These GMO Frankenfoods are causing untold damages to our health and the environment. Cancers, mutations, still births, allergies, suicides and much, much more. Seeds of Deception and Genetic Roulette, by Jeffrey M. Smith are great books for anyone looking to research this topic more thoroughly.

Indias farmers committing suicide...
articles.mercola.com...

Article by Jeffrey M. Smith in case you can't buy the book....
www.jmbblog.com...

The Future of Food(full)....
m.youtube.com...

The World According to Monsanto(pt.1of10)HQ....
m.youtube.com...

Patent For a Pig(1of5)....
m.youtube.com...

Whats Wrong With GMO's?....
m.youtube.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Many countries are refusing the Monsanto poison in a pod they are offering, no only they do not produce any seeds they will invade other species of plants, the poison that attach to the plants to make them resistant to insects and insecticides are passed to people that consume them so if you are familiar with round off that is what is embedded in the Monsanto modified GNA plants.

Farmers in the US are also baning them from their crops for the same problems they will invade other none GMO crops.

In the fields where this plants are grown new species of super weeds are also been found.

They are a menace to farmers, crops and human life.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

I wish I could give a high five to all of Haiti. That's how people should react to the Monsanto's agricultural terrorism. They only want to dominate the world's food chain, literally. Not only that but they are putting people's health at risk with their poisonous seeds.
Too bad no one can stand up to them but some poor farmer of a small devastated nation.
I hope this is a wake up call for the rest of the world.

www.truthout.org

You could not have said it better. F*&K Monsanto and ALL it's employees. Anyone who works for a company like that ought to be treated with utter disdain. If I knew my company was making unhealthy products and tainting the seeds, I would quit in a second. These employees have to know what is going on. Are they that dumb to not do research on the seeds they produce and taint?

Hats off to Haiti farmers and the Haiti people. Wish I could give them good farm equipment as there is soooooo much of it sitting around America collecting rust.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by daddio]

+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

One of the biggest problems is Monsanto sues everyone, out of business.

Even farmers that don't buy there seeds, if the crops cross pollinate with other non-Monsanto farmers they go after them with a team of Monsanto lawyers.

Typical cost $250,000.00 us dollars to defend

It's been talked about here on ATS and all over the web.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
One of the reasons fighting off insects and pests with chemical weapons (pesticides) is so dangerous, is because in every "chemical war", the 'wind can blow both ways'.

And I believe that due to our over zealous overuse and misuse of pesticides; we are seeing the 'wind change', and the stuff is getting blown back in our faces. Well, because we are eating it lol.

Call it what you will, but worldwide companies like Monsanto and Dow Chemical are experiencing what Dr Paul would almost certainly term "Blow back".

Some call it Karma.

All it is, is a pendulum. Swinging back and forth.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

Would you be forced to have one big company providing your genetically modified water every year at their price, when you have free fresh water under your feet?

Genetically modified water, huh. Which gene in the water was modified? The one that causes scientific ignorance in its drinkers, no doubt. Let's see. A gene is made of DNA, which is made of sugars, phosphates, and organic base pairs containing carbon. I guess Monsanto modifies the name of either oxygen or hydrogen into carbon.

No. Really. Tell me. Which gene????????????????

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Perhaps a prime example of the twisted age we live in and what ultimately results from unregulated capitalism.

Whoever used the phrase 'agricultural terrorism' above is exactly right, Monstanto are literally fighting a war against Mother Nature herself, they are literally trying to obliterate its naturally regenerative functions, they are literally trying to destroy the rights of the farmer, they are literally attempting to establish a global agro-state, they are literally toying with the health of people who not only work with this waste but consume it as well. Ultimately, they are toying with lives.

Ever since I watched Food Inc., read the book and then did further research on these guys I have nothing but disdain and disgust towards their demonic agenda.

Thanks for bringing this up OP, this is what Naomi Klein and many others warned us about on a general scale, but even for Haiti specifically. Disaster capitalism is inviting all its little demonic brethren to partake in the feast. 'Come dine and drink the blood of those that are dying!' That is literally the mentality in place.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Now if every country and farmer would take note and act accordingly... personally it should be the entire Monsanto establishments that need to be burned to the ground. The worse company and cancer on the planet.

An example of what bad does come from human greed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join