It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oil spill fake??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by justadood

I'm not your secretary, if you are willing to form your own opinion, you should base it on your own research.

Wow. Why are you attacking me? I just asked for the evidence you alluded to. Is asking for evidence really a bad thing?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by canuckster
Here is the real reason bp wont stop the gusher IMO

1st: they dont want to abandon that well. they knew months in advance that the well had problems, so they know that they will need a better one. They know that once the oil is stopped that a ban on offshore drilling will be called, but not if drilling a NEW well is touted as the solution.

Mark my words!!!! once the new well is ready to go online, the gusher will magically be stopped.

2nd: Obama wants his carbon tax, and he will use this disaster to get it, no doubt.

I'm just going to say it: where the hell is the logic in that first scenario? You're doing the usual stupid thing and inventing a completely implausible theory which does not correlate to the hard evidence surrounding the actual event - i.e. creating another idiotic conspiracy theory where what is happening is plainly quite obvious. Why in God's name would BP not have just stopped drilling an unstable well and begun again, rather than 'scuttle' the well to cause this disaster? BP will lose vast amounts of money over this and have already had something like 1/2 their share price wiped off the board. Your theory makes no sense whatsoever. Use some logic and post something worth thinking about, rather than bird-brained theorems which just make the rest of us look and sound like idiots.

And furthermore, although Obama may indeed now have the impetus to pass such a tax, I find it highly unlikely that Washington was involved in this. Most of the people who were killed on the rigfloor when the well blewout would have been those 'controlling' the drillstring i.e. the people Washington would presumably have to employed to cause the well to blowout through poor well control in the first place. Why on earth would these people ever do something which they knew ran a high risk of killing them?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Attack?... obviously you haven't had much experience with such things. There have been plenty of reports that I have seen on ATS and elsewhere that indicate lots of marine animals are washing up all over the region. Opening and listing all of these links now would be tantamount to doing your secretarial work which as I said, isn't in my job description. Attack..., really that cracks me up

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
oil spill fake??

something smells fishy, alright.

i'm in utter befuddlement as to this level of incompetence. i can't find a basis for reference when looking within myself for it.

ok, EVERY video I have seen of the oil gushing out is the same....... bunch of oil, surrounded by nice clear clean blue water???

intriguing observation. i wonder sometimes about how much of our energy reserves have been consumed (electricity) in the coverage of it.

Why isn't it completely back around there by now???

i'm not sure of all the variables, and i may not be qualified to answer this question.

Are they trying to make us think it is worse than it really is???

i believe based upon what i know that some level of social engineering agendas may be taking place. of course there may be those that see aspects of this tragedy as platforms for an opportunity.

Is this to push through teir bills and further push up oil prices???

maybe, perhaps, money is not their issue? i dunno. as for more bills, i don't know how many laws already exist, but i might percieve that some have been broken by someone. new technologies, new doctrine & laws to be made.

Why are planes forbidden to fly over top of it???

i'm sure the powers that be can offer us some reasons and excuses as to why.

WHO are THEY BP to even SAY "you can't fly over there"....

i'm in favor of renaming the gulf to: The Gulf Of British Petroleum, to remind us of this mess, and learn from our mistakes.

60 days to nuke the hole???? SIXTY DAYS?????

i'm not sure i want to be inside the heads of policy makers. if any part of my head is in their heads, then isn't that part of me "out of my mind"?

Isn't this just getting a little too fishy????

yep.

These are a few thought in my head, what do you guys and gals think???

som thing is going on.

there, i answered 10 of your questions to the best of my ability, now if i may ask one...

mellisamouse, is that avatar a picture of you?

thanks

end transmission,
ET

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think the simple answer is that the force of the oil coming out of the well is so great that it pulls the debris from the sea bottom and the surrounding water up with it.

It is not until it reaches a distance from the well where the pressure is reduced that you start to notice a dissemination of the oil.

I admit that I do not believe that we are being given all the information associated with this oil disaster but I don't believe that the American people are really interested in knowing the whole truth. Not that we don't care but because it is one more horror that we feel helpless to correct.

I believe if we lived in a perfect world and we could correct all the ills of the world there would be none, as long as we did not have to make any sacrifices and someone else had to do the work.

We do not live in that kind of world. We live in the world that we created and we don't like the stench but it is easier to shift the blame then to clean up the mess.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
It's washing up everywhere. It's real.

Untrue. It's not "washing up everywhere"... That's absurd. If it was "washing up everywhere," you wouldn't be able to cover it up.

Thus far, all we've seen are very narrow, isolated snapshots of oil on beaches, a few oil-containing booms set up to "protect marches," a handful of images of dead fish, oil-stained pelicans, and a lot of hysterical ANECDOTE about environmental apocalypse.

We've heard that over 100 miles of Louisiana beaches have been impacted — yet the most panoramic photos show less than a quarter-mile of oil on beaches. Just 2 days ago, a news story declared that the first oil had come ashore on a Mississippi beach.

WHAT? Over 2 months of spillage, and the oil is just now reaching Mississippi? That's right there next to Louisiana.

A week ago, "official sources" warned that tar balls and oil patches were coming ashore in the Florida panhandle. However, the same day, locals were reporting nothing but clear water and clean sand. NOW the story is that they're covering up the oil with fresh sand, so it it just looks like there's no oil coming ashore in Florida.

This is bullcrap, people.

As I said, if it was washing up everywhere, there is no way in hell they could clean it up and pile fresh sand on it fast enough.

The obvious answer is that the majority of this "environmental disaster" only exists in the Mainstream Media.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

The reason you don't see more oil on the top of the water is because of the dispersants.... NOAA ships found what they called islands of oil something like 1100 meters down... That could be inaccurate as Im metric ignorant

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by Mumbotron

I'm not your secretary, if you are willing to form your own opinion, you should base it on your own research.

Wow. Why are you attacking me? I just asked for the evidence you alluded to. Is asking for evidence really a bad thing?

justadood,
i didn't interpret this statement from Mumbotron as an attack on your personal character. Perhaps ,rather it is a statement birthed of frustration with the request of proof based upon an opinionated based exchange. but i might have taken this out of context.

Mumbotron,
justadood was merely requesting for source material that you used to form your opinion on the subject matter being discussed.

neither of you are really "wrong".

can we graduate from the "he started it" mentality, please? the "he started mentality" is all of our inheritences really, it doesn't mean we are obligated to serve it forever. thanks.

based upon posts i've read from both of you in the past, i know you are both better then to travel down that path of dialogue.
&

peace,
ET

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

sniff sniff something smells like fish and i thinks its you.

And yeah i thought it was being pushed as worse than it really is at the start.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

It is real.. the only cover up is the use of disperants which make it look not as bad as it really is and also make it harder to clean up.. instead of 3 years to clean up, with the dispersants it could take more than 15 years to clean up.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Honestly, IN MY OPINION:
All of “Mainstream News” and 50+% of all governments should think of adapting a new theme song and a new international song as well:

www.youtube.com...

followers = :bash: = leaders
translation:
followers = = leaders
translation:
followers =
= leaders
translation:
followers =
= leaders

add them all together and you get:
:bnghd:

Question: Who makes the rules?

Answer: Rulers make the rules!

seems this way to me at times,at least, ... i
humanzee think,
ET

p.s.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Let me just say yes there is oil spilled in the ocean. Do I believe everything they are telling us though? NO. I don't. What they fail to tell us is they hit something else out there too. An underwater volcano was exploded as well, that is another reason animals and sea-life are dieing, sulfur deposits from that volcano. Tell me something. Is oil black? Yes. But this oil has a muddy reddish-brown deposit within it, as you can see in many of the pictures you can find online. Mud volcanoes do exist, it has been proven. In my opinion, BP and the government aren't admitting to anything else is because they want to raise our gas prices and just make more money, like they greedy stupid people they are.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

IQ isn't good for much when your emotional or EQ sucks.... I was watching that loop and never seeing any oil around it.... in the weeks since, it has become apparent as i have said, but way back when it was fresh, when i started this thread, it was just a loop of a tiny leak gushing, and that was all they showed here 24/7 at the time.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Thanks so much for answering all 10! and yes, that was me with short hair, it is long now, but I need a new camera.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Now that is a VERY interesting thought. What could lurk so deep? Some sort of demonic presence or other-worldly life form?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Thanks so much for answering all 10! and yes, that was me with short hair, it is long now, but I need a new camera.

hope this isn't too off topic...

but surely the last camera didn't break while taking that picture.
fine pair of oculars melisa. real sublime background, too

peace,
ET

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

thanks. Didn't break, lost on a night out..... lol.

Um oops a lil off topic, but still blushin...

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

ok, EVERY video I have seen of the oil gushing out is the same....... bunch of oil, surrounded by nice clear clean blue water???

Why isn't it completely back around there by now???

It has been a MONTH....

Oil floats on water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join