It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I find the statement that North Korea will go to “War” with the south misleading, as the war never ended. There has existed a ceasefire truce all this time, and NK just broke that truce by firing on the SK ship, so technically the ceasefire is over anyway, and a shooting war does in fact exist ATM. You can bet that the South is going to have to do something to answer this, as it hurts military moral to know that your country is not going to protect its on duty soldiers. Personally I think that we should quarantine their waters and take out any NK military vessel that traverses them, as well as turning back all their civilian shipping.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by winterwarlock
Well well well

Since the war has never ended I think now is the perfect time to nuke the hell out of them. Forget messing with soldiers, tanks, cruise missiles and all the other stuff what we need to do is drop about 40 nukes on them so North Korea just doesn't exist anymore.

China will take the hint to stay out of it and keep their mouth shout once they see how deadly serious we are if not we can flatten them to.

That has to be one of the most unbelievably stupid comments I think I've ever read! Oh yes, let's risk escalating the whole thing into all out global nuclear war just because we wanted to throw our toys out of the pram a bit...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Oh, Zero already knows he is a spineless turd. There is no doubt that Chewbaca his wife tells him that every night.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
reply to

I will be watching the end of North Korea on the news with a pizza and beer granted the country would be finished before the pizza but I'd make the best of it.

Now does Obama have the stones or is he a girly man.

Just like it happened in the 50's huh.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'm in no position to call the shots, but enough is enough. They want war, let them have it. I'm certain one of the US Navy's battle groups could take out every viable wartime asset NK has in about 24 hours. Kim needs to be dethroned IMHO.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
You forget that the US does not fight in wars other people start these days. Likely the US will just give them some tanks and air support. I really really doubt any serious war.

Arguably, the air support the US can provide has the potential to be the most powerful, devastating and decisive in history. USAF has no match. Any enemy troop concentration and defensive positions will be annihilated. It must suck to be a NK soldier these days.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Why should it be the U.S.'s decision to go to war over a South Korean ship being sunk? Shouldn't South Korea be somehow involved in that decision?

Just sayin'...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Personally, I don't see it happening, at least not yet. It would be quite good timing with all of the US problems at the moment, but even if things were not so hyped and frantic here, I doubt we would do anything if war was declared, at least do anything substantial.

That tea kettle has been on the stove for a long time and it's bound to boil sometime. We all know Kim is nuts, but that is not to assume that his country is nuts. Consider, even with the lack of any non state run media there, and the extreme nationalism we are told they hold, being in the military there means being able to eat, don't assume this massive standing army is absolutely in a fervor to wipe out SK when the government is.

Even with so little of the outside world coming into NK, don't you think that the North Koreans see the value of what South Korea is? The economy, the prosperity, the freedom, the ability to not starve, the ability to live life, the access to the modern world outside of the prison? I think it would be fair to say that many North Koreans in the military wouldn't try too hard to overtake the South, if they consider the inevitable end to their country, which they may see coming, as a positive change.

What would the US do? Well, if anything, probably take the troops back a ways, call in a few ships to threaten the sea/coast, and bomb the missile sites and reactors that we know of. Won't make a difference to the boarder, that would be a mess no matter what happens, especially 10 miles deep into SK with all of the shelling.

And China...well China would do one of three likely things-Claim itself neutral to the issue and wait for the fallout to move in, support NK and change the game entirely(not so likely), or slip in to NK at the right moment and seize control for a "peaceful resolution to the country and surrounding countries". Most likely that they would stay out of it all together, same with Russia, stay out of it.

What would be interesting is what Japan would or would not do. NK to Japan is the crazy neighbor who runs around in the yard with a rifle making vague threats. Sooner or later, you're going to get tired of it and do something if the opportunity arises. While Japan has a "Self Defense Force" rather than your traditional military, which would lead you to think poorly constructed and upheld, they are pretty well equipped for a modern war, much more than most would assume or give credit for. Any war in Korea would allow Japan to act as a preemptive defense of sorts, assuming the risk of being attacked would more than justify any military acts. If said war did exist and Japan claimed to not involved at all, you would at least guarantee there are a few Japanese special squads in it somewhere over there.

I think the Korean issue will come to a head, but when, I am not sure. I think the idea we discuss and think about on the topic is not North Korea against South Korea, but rather the "what if" of the US against China, what would happen in a modern duel of superpowers, even if represented in a smaller form in Korea.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by winterwarlock

That's still mutually assured destruction, please don't be ridiculous! China nor South Korea will sit idly by if nukes are launched and cause them grief. Pretend you live very, very close to the NK border, and tell us how you really feel.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i'm fed up of these threads, bring it on, i hope SK destroy them, but i hope we dont have to get involved (british).

as i heard a quote earlier.

Dr. Slim :
it would cripple NK to send wave after wave

Anonymous:
wave after wave? kims people are so messed up they would send a kiddie pool wave and then a CRIPPLE RIPPLE

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion

Is it ready to send ICBM nuke to US city?

Who NK?...

Listen... BOTH sides know that there are many repercussions to this war and a united Korea. If the NK administration believes it can invade and CAPTURE the South indefinitely, they have certainly gone Gook.

Watch this...

3 hours.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think the current US/S. Korean plan is probably to wait for Kim's death and hope that his son, or whoever replaces him, will be someone we can deal with. It may be dull, it may mean more of this same kind of back and forth, ratcheting up of tensions and then bringing them back down, but it's a far sight better than just going into all-out war mode and let who knows how many Koreans on both sides die. There is no good that can come from that and avoiding such a situation has to be hoped for.

The truth is, we don't know how new leadership would act once they are in. Like any place, I'm sure there are different factions who want different things. I'm sure the North has its warmongers, peacenicks and everything in between just like anywhere else. Right now, with Kim ailing the way he has been over the past year or so, I do believe the waiting game, with some careful applications of pressure on NK, is the best course. There is far too much to lose, otherwise.

[edit on 5/23/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by Max_TO
Nice find but I don't buy it . Seeing how NK threatens war every other week or so it's kind of hard to take them at face value .

Too right, and do not believe for one mo souths lies, when they are backed by the anglo american empire.

The americans we all know love to spread lies about people and countries, and the proof is out there. Just be careful what you believe in this.

I have seen your posts...and all you did is bash americans. i wont tolerate this. so would you politely wank off?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Originally posted by guessing
reply to

I will be watching the end of North Korea on the news with a pizza and beer granted the country would be finished before the pizza but I'd make the best of it.

Just like it happened in the 50's huh.

granted we would have won if china did not involve itself.

Further more america is 100 times as powerful as it was then...while korea is about the same.

I dont think many of you understand how powerful the US military is compared to the rest of the world.

The united states has the largest airforce in the world.

over 5,000 aircraft.russia who has the second largest in the world only has 2,500. and the united states is planing on building 2,000 MORE jet fighters and bombers.

The united states has the largest and most powerful navy in the world. The united states has 11 air craft carriers while russia only has 1. china is planing on having 2 built(which will take years)and that will build there number up to 3.

and guess what...the united states is planing on building 10 MORE aircraft carriers. by the time china has 3 aircraft carriers the US will have 15+

And the usa ground force is nothing to scoff at...with over 9,000 m1a1 tanks built.....the united states has the largest tank army behind russia and china(while the tank itself is second only to germanys leopard).

and the united states has the second largest arm forces in the world with the second largest nuclear warhead arsenal.

none of you can truly comphrehend how powerful the US is.

the united states practically dwarphs all opposing military.And its not just numbers or size....they are the best trained.

The marine core itself could probably take on north koreas armed forces if given air support.

There is a reason why many historians and other people are calling the united states a HYPERPOWER.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by tauempire]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join