It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

North Korea Threatens War

www.foxnews.com

North Korea already is chafing from international sanctions tightened last year in the wake of widely condemned nuclear and missile tests.

Pyongyang, meanwhile, continued its steadfast denials of involvement in the sinking and said it would send its own investigators to conduct a probe, while warning that any punishment against the North would spark war.

"The all-out war to be undertaken by us will be a sacred war involving the whole nation, all the people and the whole state," a spokesman for North Korea's powerful National Defense Commission said, according to a report carried by th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well here we go folks. It was bound to happen sooner or later and looks like it is going to be the 50's revisited. Glad to see Obama standing with South Korea on this one. I am worried about the role China and Russia may play in this one (if it comes to war). China has been allied with N Korea for awhile and Russia is aiming to build up their economy by any means necessary. I really feel bad for both the countries people in this. Many of them have relatives in the other country and this can't turn out well for them.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Nice find but I don't buy it . Seeing how NK threatens war every other week or so it's kind of hard to take them at face value .

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Nice find but I don't buy it . Seeing how NK threatens war every other week or so it's kind of hard to take them at face value .

Too right, and do not believe for one mo souths lies, when they are backed by the anglo american empire.

The americans we all know love to spread lies about people and countries, and the proof is out there. Just be careful what you believe in this.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

This may be a little different than their usual rhetoric, seeing as how they bombed a ship and got caught. (which is weird that everyone on ATS knew it 2 months before any authorities did). Good job fellow members.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

My first reaction was to U2U you and say - "Wow, shouldn't you have added a again in parenthesis in your title"...
NO fault of yours of course! We all know it's become increasingly difficult to take Korea Norths Leader(s) seriously - with all the 'wolf crying' that goes on.

Who know, maybe this will be it. I surely hope and pray it is not.

But the question seems to present itself...

Is there anything to indicate - other than the bombing of the Ship - that this time the threat might be something more than posturing?

peace

[edit on 20-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Nah. This is silly. You forget that the US does not fight in wars other people start these days. Likely the US will just give them some tanks and air support. I really really doubt any serious war.

That said, Russia and China will probably do nothing. For them, any US involvement is nothing more than a live fire exercise of how good their stuff is against ours. And For America, it's a new opportunity to try out new weapons.

There is a chance of war. But the chances are that North Korea will be obliterated and China and Russia will view it as another example of the fact that they are still behind us and need to work harder. Russia, though, will probably find some profit in it, yes.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Good post. I was wondering about that question myself. I have thought for years that with the fact that Kim is getting old, he might try something just because he knows that time isn't on his side. Speculation on my part, and I can't get inside the crazy guys head so who knows. The bombing of that ship really worries me though. With all the sanctions on N Korea, they are still sustaining themselves. If things get bad enough, he may just try something. It is popular rhetoric on his part, but it is way different to threaten war after testing a warhead, and threaten war after bombing a ship.

To lighten things up maybe, StarCraft 2 is coming out soon. Maybe Kim was implying that he is about to bring his A game to the table and do a Zerg rush that South Korea has never seen before. It is after all, a national sport over there.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
They do threaten war a lot, it's their go-to when they want to force an issue. Even though it's likely they'd lose, the costs of a war with them would be horrendous and nobody wants that. Part of why it works is because they know the rest of the world seems them as possibly insane enough to go through with these threats. As usual, this is just a first bargaining position for them, one they've used many, many times before.

I would not yet get too worried that this will spiral out of control. Not saying it's impossible, just saying we're far from that point, as yet.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No offense but how many threads on this are we going to have?

Obama standing with SK? So what? Obama is a spineless turd. SK's are appearing very weak. NK killed 46 South Korean ON PURPOSE and sank a navy ship and they are talking about sanctions? LOL....and we wonder how tyrants like Kim Jong Il have gotten to where they are now. Manipulating the world powers. Because that is exactly what they are doing and it has to stop. Sanctions do not do anything. We've been doing sanctions for the last 50 years. It's silly. This time it was a Navy ship....what's it going to be next time? A nuke? Artillery fire? The North Korean military and infrastructure needs to be blown back into the dark ages. Any NK boat or ship that EVER steps foot into SK waters should be blown to bits. PERIOD! End of story. Obama needs to come out and take a stance and quit pussy footing around like he always does.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What if Pyongyang investigators found that USA masterminded the sinking of SK navy ship?

Is it ready to send ICBM nuke to US city?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Because that's stupid. No offense.

There's no profit in a war there.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Maybe just another NK war threat, interesting though is the admittance of USA supporting South Korea. Was that yesterday or this morning?

ALSO, perfect timing to destract the soon to be released info on the gulf oil spill.

In this case timing is everything and the dominoes are all lined up..

Synchronicity in motion

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well well well

Since the war has never ended I think now is the perfect time to nuke the hell out of them. Forget messing with soldiers, tanks, cruise missiles and all the other stuff what we need to do is drop about 40 nukes on them so North Korea just doesn't exist anymore.

China will take the hint to stay out of it and keep their mouth shout once they see how deadly serious we are if not we can flatten them to.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
No offense but how many threads on this are we going to have?

Obama standing with SK? So what? Obama is a spineless turd. SK's are appearing very weak. NK killed 46 South Korean ON PURPOSE and sank a navy ship and they are talking about sanctions? LOL....and we wonder how tyrants like Kim Jong Il have gotten to where they are now. Manipulating the world powers. Because that is exactly what they are doing and it has to stop. Sanctions do not do anything. We've been doing sanctions for the last 50 years. It's silly. This time it was a Navy ship....what's it going to be next time? A nuke? Artillery fire? The North Korean military and infrastructure needs to be blown back into the dark ages. Any NK boat or ship that EVER steps foot into SK waters should be blown to bits. PERIOD! End of story. Obama needs to come out and take a stance and quit pussy footing around like he always does.

Anybody know the fax number / email for Obama so we can pass on these very valid and true comments to him.

You know, let him know what's happening out there in the real World lol

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by winterwarlock

You will be where? at the time of this... best place is on hands and needs and pray that you can still source and eat food....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Isn't it strange that the north still continue to deny any involvment in the sinking of the ship? That's not like them at all. They love to boast about things like that so it seems odd to me that they are denying it and even saying they will bring their own investigators to them. I'm really beginning to think that it wasn't the north at all, but who was it? You know what I'm getting at here, look at the state of the global economy, the ptb need a large war like never before. Could this be the trigger?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

You will be where? at the time of this... best place is on hands and needs and pray that you can still source and eat food....

I will be watching the end of North Korea on the news with a pizza and beer granted the country would be finished before the pizza but I'd make the best of it.

Now does Obama have the stones or is he a girly man.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks the same things, its lonely enough sometimes.

The key factor is there is no real benefit or likely success of NK in instigating war. It is so clear what is going on. Well to me anyway. Diversion, diversion, dirversion. The really sad thing is that there is nothing that any one can do to stop it all. Nothing. I really like Earth its a special place. I am saddened

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I am not personally saying you.... many people read these reads.

My apologise.

What channel will you watch? It will look best in LCD HD I think with a massive 12.3:1 Bose system for the rumbles and screams

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join