It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean Torpedo confirmed to have sunk warship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

North Korean Torpedo confirmed to have sunk warship

www.koreatimes.co.kr

The government (South Korean) announced Thursday that a North Korean torpedo sank the Cheonan warship in late March, confirming widespread suspicions the communist neighbor is responsible for the tragedy that killed 46 sailors......The evidence points overwhelmingly to the conclusion that the torpedo was fired by a North Korean submarine. There is no other further explanation."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.koreatimes.co.kr
www.koreatimes.co.kr
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well folks what next.........it was suspected back in March that a torpedo possibly from a N. Koroen Sub sunk the Patrol craft. But, not the evidence is overwhelming. What will the N.Koreans do next if threatened with sanctions by the UN. What will China do...who will they side with. Scary stuff...considering peace has never been declared between these two nations.
We could be on the brink

www.koreatimes.co.kr
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2010 by The Dad]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Terrible. As far as I know North Korea is protesting the conclusion of this 'investigation'. I've always thought it was a North Korean mine and not a torpedo.

I'm pretty sure the majority don't want war, not now, but we must not forget what a small group of powerful people etched on granite in Georgia:

Target: 500 million survivors.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Seriously this is like th 10th thread being started on this subject.

No one is going to do anything except beat their fists and stomp their feet and NK will get away with killing 46 soldiers and sinking a SK military naval ship and Obama will probably be found in a picture bowing down to Kim Jong Il and kissing his hand.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
It is a very sensitive situation for S Korea. They are deeply upset at the incident that killed 46 sailors, however, how do they respond. It is like having a hornets nest in your garden and you get stung one day. Do you thrash out at the nest and invoke the whole swarm. Do you just waggle a finger and say.....ow that hurt......but.....i'll stay away from you (disputed territorial waters) or invite the exterminators in (US) and take the consequences.
No doubt this will pan out over the next 48 hrs.

And as Zosynspiracy stated, this is 1 of many threads started on this topic. Lets hope for a peaceful outcome.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I still do not believe any country backed by the anglo american empire. This empire has a long history of making stuff up about anyone and any country they want.

South korea has no proof, and the wests media know everyone will jump on board the anti north bandwagon.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Like Andy1033 I am a little suspicious of the results of the International Investigations teams findings. The Team from US, Britain, Australia and Sweden are pretty confident in how the SK ship was sunk.

Even looking at the photos of the torpedo, I am a little confused as to why after 250lbs of high exposive within the torpedo went off, the torpedo looks pretty much in tact.

LINK to latest photos from Reuters:
uk.reuters.com...

Unless they are hoping that NK will implode peacefully, there is nothing to gain in falsifying evidence on this sensitive issue.

THE DAD

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Could someone please explain this pic to me, I cant understand how the torpedo in the pic is in such good condition, i thought it would be in a million pieces

fr.news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by bluedrake]

new topics

top topics

join