It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In case you disagree with Arizona' s law. Listen carefully to who these

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This was sent to me in an e-mail this evening, from a family member living outside of Atlanta. It is a local News stations investigation of the Border Patrol and the report from Arizona

According to the Border Patrol the public is being mislead as to WHO is
coming into the US from Mexico. This IS THE TRUTH. As reported by WSBTV in Atlanta.

Please watch the two Atlanta WSBTV News - Report from Arizona.

I tried to embed the videos with no success. If anyone would like to do so I would greatly appreciate it.

Video Part 1
www.wsbtv.com...

Video Part 2
www.wsbtv.com...

Every American should be made aware of what is really going on in Arizona.
This is much more complicated than simple "illegal" Mexicans flooding into the U.S.,
and much more dangerous.

Chances are you had no idea this was happening. Now that you have heard this report, does this change your mind on the Arizona law?

Do you feel we are in danger of a terrorist attack?

Really want to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
Pax

[edit on 20-5-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I thought our understanding of the PTB would give some insight as to where these so-called "terrorist" attacks might originate from, and who would be behind them.

Setting aside lonewolf wackos that can be found anywhere in the world, including here, in the good ol' US of A.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Im really suprised this isnt all over the evening news everywhere. I would say almost everyone on ATS has known about this for awhile, but when it comes to the regular public, Im guessing they havent heard a single peep about this, or atleast until now.

After watching the videos, I just shook my head. Im dumbfounded. Theres terrorists crossing our border, and then again, the Fed's are just sitting back, basically not really doing anything it seems. I guess our goverment dosent really see this as a natonal security issue?

In video 2, that small metal fence that looks only like 3 feet high....that really dosent look like its stopping much. They said it was there to stop vehicles, but the people are just gonna get out and dont even have to jump to get over it. Heck, im sure they could problably just drive over it and break it down.

Another part of the video -Then theres the Mexican Goverment that held those 23 Somali terrorists in jail, and then released them after awhile and they're "believed" to be headed right up to the border. Where else would they be going? To Brazil? Venezuala??? Thats some superb cooperation right there between our goverments. A+ to that. Way to go.

Im sure this all somehow makes completely perfect sense to our Federal Goverment. Gosh, if only I could make amazing decisions like them, then I wouldnt have a fear in the world.....other than the people im supposed to protect....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by buni11687]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I couldn't agree with you more buni! How come this is only on a local T.V.
station and not national or international news? The immigration problem is so much more complex than just Mexicans coming over for a chance at a better life.

it makes perfect sense this would be a highway for terrorist. In the video it shows articles some of them threatening of what these illegals from the Middle East have left behind.

Here is something else to think about. Several of the countries in the Middle East are the number 1 exporters of Heroin. The Mexican drug cartels are so violent and powerful, what would keep them from striking a deal with one of these terrorist. Drugs for weapons??

Both, hate the U.S. so much this idea is a way to strike back at us. the cartels promise the terrorists unfettered access into the U.S. It's perfect everyone gets what they want and end the blood of many U.S. citizens will spill.

How people can be so naive about the immigration problem baffles me. I think most see this as being far off and not pertaining to them. However the evidence is clear, if we do not get a handle on this problem, it will come to roost in our own backyard, guaranteed.

Thanks for your contribution here. Please help me spread the word.

Kindly,
Pax

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Can't hear video because my sound is not working?

Going by the replies.

If the concern is terrorist then why not secure both borders and all waterways.

From research I have done, the last thing the cartels want to do is get the US involved. And when I mean involved, I mean militarily.

Furthermore, in 2008 Chertoff said the Northern Border was more of a problem for terrorist than Mexico's border.

America's top counterterror official says "more than a dozen" people tied to Al Qaeda, Hezbollah and other extremists have tried to infiltrate the U.S. since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

But they weren't caught swimming the Rio Grande from Mexico, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff told the Daily News in a recent interview.

"More Canada than Mexico, to be honest with you," he said.

Chertoff talked exclusively to The News in his Gulfstream jet on a trip from Washington to New York City last week.

"It's been much more than a dozen" who tried to enter the U.S. from Canada, he said, but they were stopped for links to "a mix" of terror groups through finances, family or spy intercepts.

www.nydailynews.com...

Remember, the 19 terrorist from 9/11 enter the country through visas. This just shows that terrorists have many ways to get in and IMO, all of the methods of getting in should be addressed.

Anyway, I want the problem solved once and for all. I want Congress to take up legislation to secure all of our borders. This don't mean that they should address only the illegal issue. IMO, border, illegals, jobs, government benefits, drugs, and a few other issues are all intertwined. To only address one area would be a failure.

Flag for thread.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here is another article highlighting the realistic dangers existing on the border.
Again, much more than Mexicans looking for a better way of life.

HOMELAND INSECURITY:

Foreign 'terrorists' breach U.S. border Illegals coming from Afghanistan, Iran, Egypt, Pakistan, Sudan, Syria, Yemen

A 2006 congressional report on border threats, titled "A Line in the Sand:

Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border" and prepared by the House Committee on Homeland Security Subcommittee on Investigations, indicated that 1.2 million illegal aliens were apprehended in 2005 alone, and 165,000 of those were from countries other than Mexico.

Approximately 650 were from "special interest countries," or nations the Border Patrol defines as "designated by the intelligence community as countries that could export individuals that could bring harm to our country in the way of terrorism."

We all knew that some illegals had been coming over from other countries but 165,000?? That is unbelievable! 650 from terror sponsored states, and what has the Federal Govt. done about it? Nothing!! What are they planning to do about it? Again , nothing.

According to the interview I posted earlier, they are not even aware of this.
Every one of us, should be contacting our Reps. and asking them Why? Why are you NOT doing anything about this "clear and present danger"?

The article goes on to detail the countries where most OTM's are from:

The aliens were apprehended "at the borders of the United States, in the interior of the country and at designated sites outside of the United States."

The 2008 yearbook lists 791,568 deportable aliens by country: Some include: Afghanistan: 29 Algeria: 41 Cuba: 3,896 Iran: 98 Iraq: 118 Lebanon: 188 Libya: 11 Nigeria: 299 Pakistan: 494 Saudi Arabia: 71 Somalia: 66 Sudan: 46 Syria: 71 Yemen: 78

According to the Government Accountability Office, "The Border Patrol reported that in fiscal year 2008, checkpoints encountered 530 aliens from special-interest countries."

Now take a look at this:

Warning of an "ever-present threat of terrorist infiltration over the Southwest border," the congressional report notes:

* U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigations have revealed that aliens were smuggled from the Middle East to staging areas in Central and South America, before being smuggled illegally into the United States.

* Members of Hezbollah have already entered the United States across the Southwest border.

* U.S. military and intelligence officials believe that Venezuela is emerging as a potential hub of terrorism in the Western Hemisphere. The Venezuelan government is issuing identity documents that could subsequently be used to obtain a U.S. visa and enter the country.

if this does not have your attention yet, please take a look at this:
I found this information to be the most alarming.

U.S. immigration authorities have discovered items along the banks of the Rio Grande River that suggest ties to terrorist organizations. In 2006, Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez of Zapata County, Texas, reported that officials found Iranian currency in the same area.

Also, a jacket found in Jim Hogg County, Texas, was covered in patches from countries where al-Qaida is known to operate.

The patches include an Arabic military badge and one that illustrates an airplane flying into a tower. Another one features a depiction of a lion's head with wings and a parachute. The Arab insignia reads "martyr," "way to eternal life" or "way to immortality."

If you still have a problem with Arizona, please read and re-read this post.

I'll leave one statistic for you to think about.

Two researcher from Stanford University and a third from George Mason University concluded that chances of OTM terrorists entering the U.S. across the southern border are quite high.

According to one calculation, based on assumptions about the extent of border screening and other aspects of domestic interior enforcement, the probability of an OTM terrorist crossing into the United States was 97.3 percent.

link: www.wnd.com...

The Feds have not only ignored this threat they have all but rolled out the red carpet for the terrorists to "Come and Get Us"!!

Still feel this does not concern us? How safe are we really?
Think about it!

Pax

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

S & F

Great thread. I'll be watching the replies. This will be interesting to see what tothers think

PEACE

Slay

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I am surprised this thread hasn't gotten more responses.
The only reason why I found it was because I was checking
to see where someone was posting on.The lack of responses
is really frightening.
This message should be shouted on every rooftop.People
need to be made aware that illegals aren't the only ones
slipping into our country.Our borders need to be secure and
our population needs to WAKE UP!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't need this to convince me!

I'm doing things the right way and the Feds are making me look like a chump for doing it. Why bother with background checks, fees, and oaths if these people can just waltz right on in? Why enforce any laws at all?

Don't you know these drug gangs and cartels are just looking for a better life?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Awesome story ! S&F

The second video mentions another video series ' Monday" I didn't notice the date how old this story is.. Please if it's aired already, try to find and post it.

That's why the President should issue an executive order to have all the borders

1, connected, rebuilt if need be and super reinforced.

2. Tougher penalties for those caught crossing.

3. If caught again.. After serving time.. ( at least 5 years for 1st offense) you get life in prison without chance of parole or ever seeing your country again!

Anyone got a problem with that? If so, You're Un-American.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ok...so let me get this straight....

Terrorists...Muslim...Iraq....Syria...Prayer Rug..blah...blah...blah.

So basically more fearmongering. Let's say some scary words in a news report...and scare teh population into handing over their rights.

And this is something people on ATS support???

Now for the Arizona law....it does NOTHING to secure the border. All it does is require people to prove they are a citizen (papers please?).

More fear mongering...more means to an end....and surprisingly even ATS memebers are eating it up.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here's a post I made in another thread that is applicable to the problem mentioned in this thread:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a report entitled: "Backsliding on National Security - The Immigration Connection" by Jack Martin, Director of Special Projects:

It's a long report at 23 pages but this is from the shorter Executive Summary to give you a quick overview:

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
"In a public relations campaign that evokes the image of Orwellian “newspeak,” the Department of Homeland Security has announced a long list of accomplishments in improving national security while at the same time it has adopted a number of measures that represent a significant backsliding on national security. If only the rhetoric is heard, the public may think its safety is in good hands. If, however, recent actions concerning the illegal alien population and the flow of foreign nationals into and out of the country are examined, a very different picture emerges. The areas in which rhetoric and action widely diverge include:

A willingness to abandon progress on implementation of a secure identification system based on state-issued driver’s licenses using national standards for verification of "breeder” documents and electronic exchange of information among the states and the federal government.

Restriction of federal-local cooperation in the apprehension of foreigners illegally in the country.

Abandonment of a system to discourage further illegal immigration based on curtailing job opportunities for those in the country illegally.

Pursuit of an amnesty for foreigners illegally in the country which will work at cross purpose to efforts to gain greater border control by deterring illegal immigration. While talking toughness on national security, the Obama Administration appears to give a higher priority to its relationship with narrow political interest groups that it courted in the last election than to reducing the nation’s exposure to the threat of international terrorism. And,while President Obama’s efforts to assure foreigners around the globe that Americans are their friends is commendable, it is no substitute for enhanced homeland
security. If the Obama Administration were seriously interested in advancing national security, it would:

Reverse course and welcome the assistance of local jurisdictions that aggressively identify illegal aliens for deportation.

Push for the E-Verify system to be adopted as a national requirement for all employers and all workers. In the meantime, implementation of the “no-match” letter screening system would represent a significant deterrent to the mass illegal immigration that compromises border security.

Withdraw support for an amnesty for illegal aliens and, thereby, convey the message abroad that the United States is serious about enforcing its immigration laws.

Rapidly pursue implementation of a comprehensive electronic database that matches entry and departure of foreign visitors, and expand the special tracking database for students to include all long-term visitors.

Reverse the recent expansion of the Visa Waiver Program that allows the entry of nationals of 35 countries to enter without consular screening and gradually eliminate it.

Tighten the criteria for admission of nationals of countries with active terrorist organizations in the refugee and asylum programs."

Source: www.fairus.org...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It is simplistic and quite frankly intellectually dishonest to assume that that the US has no real enemies and to chalk it up to "fear-mongering". As someone who has read the AZ law and is an immigrant I can concede that it won't secure the border, but it will make AZ less hospitable to illegals. The federal law that I MUST follow can be construed as a 'papers please' law and has NO protections for civil rights. The AZ law is a mirror of the Federal Law WITH civil and individual rights protections.

The government does have the power and the right to know and regulate who comes in to the country. As well they should, without border security and tough laws to deal with the illegal flow the enemies that DO exist can and will find their way in, and probably already have.

This notion that if we play nice everyone else will too is infantile, kindergarden politics.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
There are two similar threads up today, and I will be posting the same response to both.

Does nobody question the timing of this? Does it not reak of propaganda? Where were these reports for the last ten years? Why is it that they only come out now that there is a heated debate over immigration laws?

You all are being played.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Hi John, to answer your question, this was posted around May 2 or 3rd.

I am completely baffled as to why there has not been a media outrage to the facts of what is going on at the Mexican border.

I am also a little taken aback at the lack of response from the community here. I am trying to wake people up by sharing this information, and it seems most are not interested.

I don't know what else i can do to bring more attention to this matter.

Thank you to those who have helped get the word out.

Pax

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So basically more fearmongering. Let's say some scary words in a news report...and scare teh population into handing over their rights.

Not fear mongering! Cautious, and taking precaution to protect ourselves is smart. Doing nothing and saying no big deal, is naive at best, ignorant at worst.

What rights? If you enter this country illegally you have no rights in the United States of America period.

Now for the Arizona law....it does NOTHING to secure the border.

Except force the Feds to enforce the law already in place, and enforce real consequences for a real crime!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Pax M'lady,
The lame Stream Media might be ignoring this but Drudge, Brietbart ,and many of the Conservative talk shows have been on this since before it was made public by the FBI. Texas has been asking Washington to give them some support for 2 months and are being ignored by the Obama administration.
These Somali's are known to have been very well trained to start cells in major cities and await the proper time and materials to do a some severe damage.
OutKast... you are an apologist and infantile in your observations. It's too bad you can't see what is right in front of you. Are you or are you not part of the problem? I believe you have already answered that question in your many posts!

Zindo

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I saw the Presidential Briefing on the oil spill earlier.. and a reporter took the opportunity to ask Obama about his feelings on the Arizona law.. he said there needs to be a way in place to take THESE PEOPLE and BRING them in the Legal way.. that the AZ Law was the wrong approach.

He said we need to educate Them and teach Them English and get them Legal.. WHAT !!??? No Crime committed.. No deportation??

There is already channels for that Mr. President.. It's called sign up and wait in line.. wait your turn to get the right docs to enter the country legally.. If he does THIS, it will be UNFAIR to all those people who are waiting Now.

Of course he didn't mention anything about the thousands of illegals a year they come from terrorist countries.

IMPEACH Obama NOW ! Before it's too late !

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

They have handed amnesty out at least six times already so I guess that makes you a chump many times over.

Who says crime doesn't pay.

On Topic - AZ law won't stop anyone unless they get pulled over or stopped for something else. If they are in possesion of arms or bombs they are probably not going to wait for the cop to ask about their immigration status. Also a good chance that they will have everything in order or at least have good fakes.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Hello my good friend, so glad you said that about the attention this is getting.
Obama and his administration are absolute "tools."!

The reason Obama won't send Texans the support they truly need? Barry can't separate his friends from the terrorist! Hmmm... Ayres, what is he doing now???

Thank you for the voice of reason. "God Bless Texas"

pax

[edit on 27-5-2010 by paxnatus]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join