It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea Blames North Korea for Attack on Warship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

South Korea Blames North Korea for Attack on Warship

www1.voanews.com

South Korea says it is clear that North Korea was responsible for a deadly attack on a South Korean warship that killed 46 sailors March 26.

Officials in Seoul issued a report Thursday saying evidence points "overwhelmingly" to the conclusion that the ship was destroyed by a torpedo fired from a North Korean submarine. The report said there is no other plausible explanation.

South Korean Prime Minister Lee Myung-bak vowed to take "firm measures" against the North. He made the comment in a telephone conversation Thursday with Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

A giant offshore crane salvages the bow section of the South Korean naval ship Cheonan off Baengnyeong Island, South Korea, 24 Apr 2010.

The Norks did indeed sink the ROKS Cheonan.

The South Koreans matched residue explosives to that of the explosives on North Korean torpedoes.

www1.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yep, good post. It looks like a study concludes that this was indeed North Korea's fault. I really don't know what this would mean. If I was the leader of South Korea, I'd be pissed that another country killed 46 of my sailors and just got away with it. Either way, we lose. What are we going to do? Economic sanctions? More "political pressure" and "talks"? They all do nothing. But a war is no better either. Perhaps a nuclear attack is a good solution?
But seriously, this is an issue.

Article from CBC:

vidence overwhelmingly proves North Korea fired a torpedo that sank a South Korean warship in March, killing 46 sailors, investigators said Thursday.

CBC Report

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Waking up to Radio 2 in the UK this was the top headline news in two hourly news bulletins. North Korea has threatened all out war with the south if further sanctions are imposed , South Korea has promised a firm response ( what ever that means)also America has stood behind SK and offered any assistance they need.
This could easily escalate. Oh 7.30 news just said Britain has come out to condemn the attack on SK warship.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by tarifa37]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
Either way, we lose. What are we going to do? Economic sanctions? More "political pressure" and "talks"? They all do nothing. But a war is no better either. Perhaps a nuclear attack is a good solution?

Absolutely!

Tactical low yield nukes on strategic targets. Cut off the head.

Quick and painless. The people of NK deserve better from their leadership.

Kim Jong Il has proven to be an incorrigible, adolescent brat that is very well aware of his behavior.

Tactical nukes will leave little fall out and hitting KJI's palace will send a clear message to the rest of the world.

I see no losers there. KJI doesn't want to deal with his allies or his foes.

There's only upside. No war is necessary. One well placed tactical nuke.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Can't say I envy the position South Korean leadership is in, if someone has already gone far enough to torpedo one of their ships, in action will only embolden the North to commit other acts of aggression, while action will only place us in another war..

Win Win for the North...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Yeah nukes are the solution, what else are they good for anyways?

I think we should nuke the banks, and the wall street, and tie the BP CEO to a nuke and send it towards the leak which is devastating the sea.

umm what else should we nuke, ohh let's nuke the Burqah just for the heck of it.

I don't see any problem, I just see America meddling in other people's policy, keeping people divided.

America misused divide and conquer. Now America is getting divided, I wonder who is gonna conquer her ^^

who does America trust the most? Israel ^^ and once it divides, and Israel comes to save the day, they will be welcomed by the brainwashed, and fought by the militias.

That is when America tastes its own medicine, the world powers will start playing games with the US, just like they did with Afghanistan. Proxy wars will be played, people will die, American vs American, and then you will see..

[edit on 20-5-2010 by oozyism]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
Either way, we lose. What are we going to do? Economic sanctions? More "political pressure" and "talks"? They all do nothing. But a war is no better either. Perhaps a nuclear attack is a good solution?

Absolutely!

Tactical low yield nukes on strategic targets. Cut off the head.

Quick and painless. The people of NK deserve better from their leadership.

Kim Jong Il has proven to be an incorrigible, adolescent brat that is very well aware of his behavior.

Tactical nukes will leave little fall out and hitting KJI's palace will send a clear message to the rest of the world.

I see no losers there. KJI doesn't want to deal with his allies or his foes.

There's only upside. No war is necessary. One well placed tactical nuke.

Here's an even better weapon for pinpoint accuracy...

"There's an urban legend about a woman killed by a shaft of frozen urine fallen from a plane's leaking toilet. Then there's the one about pennies dropped from the top of the Empire State Building, passing through pedestrians' skulls like bullets. Then there's the one about telephone pole-sized tungsten rods dropping from an orbital weapons platform at 36,000 feet per second to impact the earth below with the force of a meteor strike.

Guess which one you won't find on Snopes under "stupid bull#?"
Yes, enormous Swords of Damocles hanging in space are one more reason to lie awake at night, thinking about how much safer we feel thanks to science.

The so-called Rods From God system would have two satellites placed in orbit, one to control communication and targeting, the other containing the rods. When released, nothing but gravity and a little remote guidance is needed to bring them down on target like the wrath of Zeus.

The brute force of hundred-kilogram rods traveling over 7,000 MPH makes them ideal for penetrating underground bunkers, your mother, and hardened nuclear missile silos. You know, things you might find in a rogue state, in violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
Such treaties don't apply to hypervelocity rods, though they strike with the force of a tactical nuke, they produce no radioactive (and far less political) fallout. The US Space Command (where we always claimed our Dad worked even before we knew it existed) says they plan to have this capability by 2025."
Future weapon - see #2

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Like i said so many times i would not believe anything said by anyone close to the anglo american empire.

How many times have you heard of false convictions of police supposedly having great evidence to convict someone, and it turns out they made it all up.

I would never trust anyone close to anglo american empire, like this saying someone did something.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

What are we going to do? Economic sanctions? More "political pressure" and "talks"? They all do nothing. But a war is no better either.

Ok, what are Soul's options?

South Korea can ask for UN sanctions against the North but historically North Korea ignores UN sanctions.

South Korea can and probably will begin employment of USA sonar submarine surveillance systems that will have a significant effect in lowering the risk for future North Korean attacks.

Additional sophisticated radar systems for marine traffic are also probable options.

The Yellow Sea, where this confrontation is occurring is a major seaway for China's Bejing so this obviously will increase tensions with China!

This military escalation will also have impacts on the other side of peninsula with its neighbor Japan to the east as Japan is sensitive also to increased undersea surveillance.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We also heard that tony blair and his crime syndicate the brits had great evidence against the people of iraq, didn't we?

top topics

join