It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Wrong the General Public of the U.S.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Seriously, how can people be drawn into such mindless and senseless forms of entertainment and claim to call them art. that is blasphemy against art an all forms.

For example American Idol, I watched an episode and they sent the three contestants back home and they were treated like ozzy osbourne coming out of retirement. I mean let's say hooray these people sang karaoke on national television. So freaking what. None of them performed their own material, and if they make they just act as puppets and sing what some record label producer write for them.

America lacks of culture.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

nice...way to go. Yes I do agree things like Idol are horrible IMO...but just because others like it means we lack culture.

-shakes head-

here's the thing...you don't LIKE the culture they have...doesn't mean they lack it

-Kyo

[edit on 20-5-2010 by KyoZero]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

If it makes you any happier, American Idol has been losing its audience this year and draws less than 20 million viewers now.

I don't know why you are complaining now, as the "sitcom" "Beverly Hillbillies" was the top rated show in the early 1960. I guess that means America never had any culture to begin with.

As the old saying goes: 90% of everything is crap.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by elfulanozutan0
Seriously, how can people be drawn into such mindless and senseless forms of entertainment and claim to call them art. that is blasphemy against art an all forms.

For example American Idol, I watched an episode and they sent the three contestants back home and they were treated like ozzy osbourne coming out of retirement. I mean let's say hooray these people sang karaoke on national television. So freaking what. None of them performed their own material, and if they make they just act as puppets and sing what some record label producer write for them.

America lacks of culture.

Oh wow I

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If what folks watch on TV is a measure of culture then the whole world has no culture.

Architecture, artists , writers and what have you are a measure of culture not the broadcast stuff on the idiot box.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I like Stern thank you! :-p

Even though I don't think AI eans we have a lack of culture I will say that show is terribly boring

Stern says on his show many times...

"What is Ellen DeGeneres doing on a music talent show?"

-Kyo

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think that most towns would be excited if one of it's residents became nationally known.

I don't personally watch American Idol as I am not a big fan of pop music. However, many musicians got their start singing karaoke, playing in a cover band or singing in a church choir.

Also, America isn't the only country obsessed with pop music. Remember, the Spice Girls were from England...and so is Simon Cowell. Plus, isn't American Idol a copy of a British show?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Yup...

Pop Idol was the original incarnation

AI

-Kyo

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I watched it the year Carrie Underwood went through and I enjoyed the show then but have since fallen away from it.

new topics

top topics

join