It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepwater: 95,000 barrels per day!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
BP should be forceably broken up as a corporation. They are a complete and utter disgrace. What is going to happen when the Hurricaine season starts? Surly the Oil will trap in more sunlight and heat up the Gulf even further adding fuel to any developing storms?

I have read BP have a 75 Million dollar liability?!!! This will cost everyone involved hundereds of billions and not to mention the ecological destruction.

On a side note Nuclear power companies have a liability of $11 billion if there is a meltdown. 11 Billion?!! Hundreds of thousands (minimum) would die and the cost could be the whole U.S. economy.

And this is an energy sector provider that Obama and his adminstration are supporting to build new power stations.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
To be fair, in one of my threads I pointed out that the Ixtoc I gusher, which occurred in the Gulf of Mexico, spewed 30,000 bpd out of a 9-5/8" pipe. The Deepwater Horizon pipe is 20".

It's a shame I've been smeared as Big Oil shill merely for trying to get down to facts and historical comparisons.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Lindsey Williams should be arrested and water-boarded to get the names of these "insider elites" that he is supposed to be so close to. If the pressure down the hole is as high as 70,000 psi, there is no point in drilling a relief well since there is no known valve arrangement that can shut off against that pressure. All he wants you to do is buy his overpriced $30 DVD and go on scaring the hell out of you. If he has real insider information, he should be arrested and held until he gives up his sources.
And those sources should be arrested and held until they give up what they know and how they got the information. How many oil executives from 40 years ago on the North Slope are still alive? Probably not that many. Arrest ALL of them and hold them until they start talking. By the way the company that Williams worked for was Arco. Arco was bought by - you guessed it- BP!!

I use top design piping systems for power plants. The highest industrial pressure I have ever seen is at the Philadelphia Electric Eddystone Power station using >5,000 psi super critical steam.

See..
www.metso.com...

Be careful what these charlatans tell you think for yourself.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join