It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with illegal Immigrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ok this is what I think about this entire issue, I spend 1 year in austria, in ghetto like camps, that houses 50 60 people with only 2 bathrooms, serverd us lunch, just to get my green card and be legal to come here. It makes me sick to think that other people just think they can walk across the boarder, make money fast, and then go back to mexico and spend it on all the things, we would consider 100% illegal. Honestly, I think we should deport them all back to wherever they came from, because is not fair for the people like me. Who spend a long, and trust me, a LONG LONG time to be accepted to the United States, without being illegal. Is a long process to get your green card, and some people don't ever make it. But to cheat the system, and live here as a rouge, is much worse then, not living here. I personally think there should be a giant river between mexico and the US , with sharks and land mindes all over the place. Because they are taking our money, our jobs, and sending it back to there 3rd world country to there cousins and friends, so they can spend on prostitues, drugs, alchole, and gang activity. Is that simple, if anyone is protecting this illegals, then realize that there is a process to become a legal citizen, and many people have been going through it, and it might take some time, but at the end you are legal here. Thats how is suppose to be. So flame on

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily

Based on a one-year in-depth study, Deborah Schurman-Kauflin of the Violent Crimes Institute of Atlanta estimates there are about 240,000 illegal immigrant sex offenders in the United States who have had an average of four victims each. She analyzed 1,500 cases from January 1999 through April 2006 that included serial rapes, serial murders, sexual homicides and child molestation committed by illegal immigrants.

As the number of illegal aliens in the U.S. increases, so does the number of American victims.

According to Edwin Rubenstien, president of ESR Research Economic Consultants, in Indianapolis in 1980, federal and state correctional facilities held fewer than 9,000 criminal aliens. But at the end of 2003, approximately 267,000 illegal aliens were incarcerated in all U.S. jails and prisons.

While the federal government doesn't track illegal alien murders, illegal alien rapes or illegal alien drunk driving deaths, it has studied illegal aliens incarcerated in U.S. prisons.

In April 2005, the Government Accountability Office released a report on a study of 55,322 illegal aliens incarcerated in federal, state, and local facilities during 2003. It found the following:

The 55,322 illegal aliens studied represented a total of 459,614 arrests – some eight arrests per illegal alien;

Their arrests represented a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses – some 13 offenses per illegal alien;

36 percent had been arrested at least five times before.

See more at link:

www.wnd.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hey.. good luck with this thread. Half of the comments will be to your thread title, and not to your OP, just so you know.

Ballzy..

Good luck..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Are you REALLY using World Net Daily as a source...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is getting as bad as the wave of Palin threads a few months ago. Honestly why does everyone care so much? Aside from those in border states, I really don't understand why this is getting so much attention.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
because man i am looking for a job so hard and I can't find anything, because most likely they are all taken by this people. Me and my family spend a entire year in a camp just to get our green cards, and this people just walk across the boarder get a job, a fake ss number, and go on with their lifes like is nothing, and at the end send money back to there country, and most likely this money ends up with this gangs in mexico. This needs to be stoped.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

I agree 1 million percent.

The only real answer I can give you is because it is taking everyone's attention away from the real problems.

I agree with securing our borders.. I agree with doing something about illegal immigration, but I am SICK of ALL the threads..

I'm looking for this to turn into its own category soon..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thebluemoon

You came to this country legally, you have my utmost respect.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebluemoon
because man i am looking for a job so hard and I can't find anything, because most likely they are all taken by this people. Me and my family spend a entire year in a camp just to get our green cards, and this people just walk across the boarder get a job, a fake ss number, and go on with their lifes like is nothing, and at the end send money back to there country, and most likely this money ends up with this gangs in mexico. This needs to be stoped.

I can understand your frustration however I think the problems you're encountering are due more to the economy plummeting from the corruption in the banking industry and government and corporations sending jobs off shores. Think about it, this country has been filled with illegal immigrants since the beginning yet it's never been this widely denounced or railed against. However now all of a sudden when the economy is falling apart and jobs are drying up, who's become the scapegoat? Not the politicians or speculators but the people at the bottom of our society.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

What are the real problems?

I'm serious, not being sarcastic.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

The Iraqi War

The Afghanistan Occupation

The Drug War

The Rampant Corruption within our Government

The Plummeting Economy

The Dismantling of the Industrial Sector and now the Small Business sector which is destroying the Middle Class

The Decline of Education within America

...I could go on

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PatesHatriots

But isn't the economy going down the crapper because of all the illegals stealing jobs?

And before someone says yes..

Look at what they are payed.. think about how the employer is going to make up for having to pay someone more to do the job.. it isn't coming out of their pocket. I'm not saying it's right.. I'm just saying..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thebluemoon

thebluemoon, All My Respect to you and your family, I know its a hard, hard road to go down to be legal.
But the feeling you have of yourself means every thing to you.

link   
reply to post by broahes

It's interesting to me that you can draw a parallel line for our current depression from 9//1, the Invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, and the outright theft and rape of the stock market and our economy by the banking industry under Bush and Obama. Yet it's the segment of our society that's always been there's fault. What did several billion illegals jump the border in that time magically to coincide with this timeline or something?

link   

Originally posted by broahes
Hey.. good luck with this thread. Half of the comments will be to your thread title, and not to your OP, just so you know.

Ballzy..

Good luck..

---------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking the same thing.

And for anyone who may have any questions, the intent of the OP
is to show what is wrong with illegal immigrants, not to support
their right to be illegal immigrants.

Here's my small contribution, and since it's a radio interview you can
listen, vs. read the transcript if you choose:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
This is getting as bad as the wave of Palin threads a few months ago. Honestly why does everyone care so much? Aside from those in border states, I really don't understand why this is getting so much attention.

It should get a lot more attention, ESPECIALLY from those not in border states. Let me explain:
Once the economies of the border states are saturated with people working at and/or below minimum wage, the average wages of all workers will begin to fall as those working for less learn more and are willing to accept less than the average pay for the same work. As those jobs are taken over, those who used to earn a fair wage will either have to accept lower wages to retain their jobs or will have to relocate. As those people relocate, so will follow the others... into non-border states.

In summary, such under-cutting of wages will lower the overall standard of living to that of those taking the jobs for less pay.

Friendly, symbiotic parasites and bacteria pose no threat to the host but illegal immigration is very much like a parasite eventually spreading to the point that the hosts are unable to remain viable.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by abecedarian]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots

As a resident of Denver, which has been a "sanctuary city" in which the city police are forbidden to inquire into the immigration status of persons they stop (unless they are driving without a valid driver's license, in which case a recent initiative voted in by a majority of Denver voters requires cars of illegal immigrants driving without a valid license have their cars be impounded), I can say that illegal immigrants pose a severe threat to public safety to all residents and visitors to the city.

An illegal immigrant was arrested recently after a two-year spree of car thefts; a couple of months ago, an illegal immigrant driving without a license killed three people in an auto accident which would not have happened had this man remained in his own country or been detained by immigration officials. Several years ago, an illegal immigrant murdered two off-duty policemen, then fled back to Mexico. Murders committed by illegal immigrants are rampant, as are drug crimes, rapes and thefts.

My housemate has had her identity stolen by an Hispanic maid who turned out to be an illegal immigrant; when I expelled her son (who was photographing our property on his cell phone), we were confronted by a hostile crowd of Hispanic youths; Denver PD sent two Hispanic police officers who refused to accept charges against one of the youths who had destroyed one of our lawn sprinkler heads and "counselled the youths not to do this again."

There has to be a point where we get over the irrational fear of "racial profiling" and simply enforce the law of the land. After that, we can and should prosecute the politicians of Denver and other cities who have conspired to violate Federal immigration law.

This is exactly like what the Federal government had to do throughout the nation to integrate our schools - take an unpopular stance in order to enforce our laws. It doesn't matter that we have a jackass of a President who won't enforce our laws - we need to have the Arizona law in every state in the Union to shame our Federal government into action.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Murky]

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Murky]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for enforcing the law and getting illegal aliens out of the country. I think a lot of the strain on our institutions could be lifted if we actually enforced the laws. I also think that our immigration laws are old and archaic. I think we could formulate some modified program where certain immigrants would be able to easily get in on VISAs or Work Programs and easy a lot of this tension. And I do think immigration would probably be in my Top 20 of issues in America. However the amount of attention and fervor on this subject is so out of proportion of the problem. Whenever I watch the news now, the vast majority of air time is devoted to immigration subjects. You're lucky if you even hear a blurb about the wars anymore despite many die every day in them. You're lucky if you hear anything about economic corruption. I don't understand how this became the battle in our society right now coincidentally immediately after the HCR passed.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A) The time you had to spend in that camp, the one you speak of, is the fault of an unrefined immigration process. -- If this process was refined and everyone that wanted to immigrate got in within a day, or a week. You'd still be annoyed. Even if it WAS legally. Why? Because either you feel that you SHOULDN'T have to invest so much time into coming to this country OR because ... for some strange reason ... you feel that everyone should have to wait a certain amount of time, around the same amount of time that you were made to wait, outside of the border? Which doesn't make much sense at all.

Your issue isn't really with people cutting the line. It should be about the service sucking. But, then again, once you get your stuff taken cared of, everyone behind you needs to do the same you did, right?

My point is; whether or not they get in legally isn't truly the issue. The issue here is the hoops you needed to jump in order to become legal. Any circumventing of this would result in some kind of lament, don't you think?

If it takes you 12 months to get into this country, legally. And it takes me 2 months to get into this country, legally. Are you really gonna be okay with that? Or are you gonna say, "Why did I have to spend 12 months in that crap and you only 2?"

Oh yeah. "I'm just happy to be here."

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murky
>snip<

This is exactly like what the Federal government had to do throughout the nation to integrate our schools - take an unpopular stance in order to enforce our laws. It doesn't matter that we have a jackass of a President who won't enforce our laws - we need to have the Arizona law in every state in the Union to shame our Federal government into action.

EXACTLY!!! Just because people do not like it, does not mean it's wrong to do.

The big problem with this is NOW it is taking things away from people- the illegals, who are not entitled to anything in the first place yet are receiving them instead of giving things to people- civil rights, desegregation, suffrage, etc... things the citizens had rights to in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join