It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Finds Pipe Bomb Used in Blast at Fla. Mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I didn't find this posted so I thought I would share.

FBI officials in Jacksonville, Fla., say they have found the remnants of a pipe bomb used in a possible hate crime at a mosque during evening prayers. Along with local police, the FBI launched an investigation after an explosion shook the Islamic Center of Northeast Florida at 9:35 p.m. Monday, when approximately 60 people were inside praying. No one was injured.

"They heard a loud explosion and went out an emergency exit in the back," Muhammad Mansoori, a Jacksonville resident who worships at the mosque, told AOL News. "There was a fire, and a wall where the bomb was left was blackened. Otherwise, the building is sturdy, no real damage."

Source

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Another Story on this here

Explosion, Fire at Islamic Center in Jacksonville Targeted, Possibly a Hate Crime

That is the original story before the FBI investigation

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well it was either a hate crime, personal vendetta, false flag or an accident. I lived in Jacksonville so my first guess would be hate crime as well. If the first two suspects have no solid connection, it might be time to look at known friends and family of recently deceased military personnel living or serving out of the Jacksonville area.

new topics

join