It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns of "Full-Scale War" if South Korea Imposes New Sanctions After Accusing It...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

North Korea Warns of "Full-Scale War" if South Korea Imposes New Sanctions After Accusing It...

news.yahoo.com

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea warns that it will wage "all-out war" if punished for the sinking of a South Korean warship.
Investigators in Seoul said Thursday that evidence proves a North Korean submarine fired a torpedo that sank a South Korean naval ship on March 26.
North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency quoted a spokesman from the National Defense Commission as refuting the findings as a "fabrication."
The report says Pyongyang will react to any punishment or sanctions with warfare.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's ear
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Americanist]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Evidence overwhelmingly proves North Korea fired a torpedo that sank a South Korean warship in March, killing 46 sailors, investigators said Thursday.
South Korean President Lee Myung-bak vowed "stern action" for the provocation and called an emergency security meeting for Friday, the presidential Blue House said.
"(We) will take resolute countermeasures against North Korea and make it admit its wrongdoings through strong international cooperation," Lee told Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd in a phone conversation, the presidential office said.

More sources to follow...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It certainly will be interesting to see what the outcome of this will be. Doing nothing is surely not an option for South Korea.

Does the North have the balls to launch a full scale attack on the south?....guess we will soon find out.

If they do, they better prepare for the outcome of it, and that's got to be very bad.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
It certainly will be interesting to see what the outcome of this will be. Doing nothing is surely not an option for South Korea.

Does the North have the balls to launch a full scale attack on the south?....guess we will soon find out.

If they do, they better prepare for the outcome of it, and that's got to be very bad.

I'm all for diplomacy, but if you're going to wage an unprovoked attack against a nation... Get ready for a brawl. I'm a bigger fan of self defense.

I guess Kim Jong-il got so "ronrey," he was looking to dance. Perhaps part of North Korea's fleet will just disappear as a result. I don't doubt the technology.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sorry we already have a topic going on this in the news forum,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your thoughts to that,

Thank you for posting!

Ill lock this one so we dont all get mixed up, Any issues please u2u me,

Asala

new topics

top topics

join