It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone remember Mighty Morphin Power Rangers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I used to run home from school to watch Robotech....

Just recently got all of the DVDs, and I sat and watched the whole Macross series one day, when I was home sick...
(then I fired up the Robotech XBox game, and wasted some Zentraedi Pods!

So many great cartoons from my childhood...

Thundercats, Thundar the Barbarian, Hercules and the Herculoids, GI Joe, I even liked He-Man, or even the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon...., Pirates of Dark Water

Supposedly, Tobey McGuire has been working on a live action Robotech movie, but I don't think they ever started even filming or casting yet.

I'm not crazy about Tobey as Rick (I just don't think he has the acting chops or look to pull it off), but I definitely have my dream cast...

Edward James Olmos as the Captain
Kristen Kruek as MinMay
Halle Berry as Claudia Grant
(can't remember his name, but blonde guy, crooked nose, Shanghai Surprise) for Roy (Rick's brother)
etc.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Give it in the next 10 yrs and all your favorite shows you grow up with will be remade into real life on the big screen (hopefully not by Micheal bay) But in due time its gonna happen - I think they are working on a thundercats right now - and we already have seen Transformers, and G.I joe !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm not scared to admit that I myself watched the Power Ranger when I was a kid. I did have a thing for the Pink Ranger though.
That and Tommy was the badass out of all of them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yep, I like what they did with Transformers...but not so much with GI Joe. I mean, what made the characters in GI Joe (the cartoon) were their different costumes and mannerisms, etc.

When you put them all in the same supersuits, just kind of sucks...and that was just from the previews....

Not just cartoons though. A-Team is being remade (looks decent though), and V was redone (and I like the new one, especially Anna, but it's missing a lot too)....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was in 5th grade when the Power Rangers came along. The toys were impossible to find, and if you had all of the original action figures, (they're not dolls dammit!) you were Da Man.

Good times.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I loved Power Rangers back in the day.

The original Power Rangers, mind you and the first movie.

Lord Zed was a bad ass.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Who liked the movie?

I loved the movie!!! watched it over and over
you just had to love Ivan Ooze

top topics

<< 1   >>

join