It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proffesor Brian Cox Says Your a Moron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Stumbled onto this video randomly a few mins ago because of some other mad post, but thought it was interesting anyway. I quite like Brian Cox, but well his statements are perhaps a little inflamatory, yet i do watch his shows about space and there pretty awesome. Is he right?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm not entirely positive that the Mayans claimed that the world would end.

Nor am I positive that their calendar ends, indefinitely, on 2012.

I do believe, however, that we'll be going through some significant changes. (Take it as you will.)

And the calendar probably just ... you know, repeats itself.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
While I imagine a lot of people on this site know who this guy is, you haven't stated anything at all about the content in this clip, nor any of your own thoughts. People on ATS generally frown upon the whole "I found a clip, what do ya think about it" sort of thing.

Having said that I think he's right; the end of the world is not in 2012. IMHO the calendar ends there because the wives of the ancient Mayan astronomers eventually realized how far into the future their husbands were calculating for their calendar and realized that there was a lot of work to be done around the house and became livid and told them all to stop their calculations and go back to grinding some more maize

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Well......i understand the importance of giving a premise and all that, perhaps if i were to lay down a dissertation concerning the actual topic i may feel inclined too. But a couple of minute youtube clip?.

Im not really sure if "Brian Cox says people who think the world will end is a #ing moron", would realy have been that helpful coming from me somehow, may aswell not bother posting the video.

Brian Cox says people who think the world will end in 2012 are morons because there are fingers involved. He also happens to be wearing a red T # and is kind of driving a little too casualy for my liking!. And my feelings on the matter are he is probably right and is his usualy dashing self.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I was waiting for him to get in a car wreck with the way he was talking and not paying attention to the road.

damn that would of been funny if it happened.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Every time I see Brian Cox in one science program or another, I always wonder if he's a 17-year-old kid who won a sweepstakes to "appear on your favorite Discovery Channel program!"

Heh... I think Cox makes inflammatory statements just to differentiate himself from the rest of the science community, not because he's particularly brilliant.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
No offense but Brian Cox is a Moron
cant stand his mainstream crap.

well said Doc Velocity

Every time I see Brian Cox in one science program or another, I always wonder if he's a 17-year-old kid who won a sweepstakes to "appear on your favorite Discovery Channel program!"

i think that had happened, i remember a few years Discovery Kids Channel or just DC had a contest, forget which though, although it stated you could be in one of the DC programs, good thing you that statement.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Heh... I think Cox makes inflammatory statements just to differentiate himself from the rest of the science community, not because he's particularly brilliant.

— Doc Velocity

I more or less thought he was an actor from the disney channel. He sure got the looks for it. BTW the disney channel has some bad shows and I am talking about bad as in worse not awesome.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Dear Johnze

I had never heard of this guy Proffesor Brian Cox before.

Anyway I am not one of the ones that thinks the world will end on the 21st of December 2012.

However with the way we are going on today we might not get there yet.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

— Doc Velocity

Haha, you know he is actually 42 years old, he just seems younger.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't know who the driver is. I agree that the Haab Mayan calendar wrapping means nothing. It is no more important than seeing a lot of zeroes appear on a car odometer.

What he doesn't point out is that the Mayans did not have any prophecies associated with the end of the Haab Calendar.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well, he does believe that things can only get better, so I guess that rules out doomsday theories for him.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Im sorry people dont like him, but his mainstream "crap"?, you mean his shows about the solar system????, i dont really understand. As for being a moron he is a particle physicist, a Royal Society research fellow, and a professor at the University of Manchester so im basicaly 100% certain he is not a moron.

The thing is, he has the good sense to keep his own personal opinion to himself and merely points out that other peoples interpretation of it is moronic, not what the actual mayans themselves might have believed.

And the ways i see it, the mayans were simply compartamentalising time the best way they knew how. Why wouldnt they really, and its pretty obvious your going to have various ages which will end and renew. What im struggling to understand is, why do people actualy put any significane on the date exacty?. as apposed to the roman, chinese or zulu calenders?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
Im sorry people dont like him, but his mainstream "crap"?, you mean his shows about the solar system????, i dont really understand. As for being a moron he is a particle physicist, a Royal Society research fellow, and a professor at the University of Manchester so im basicaly 100% certain he is not a moron.

The thing is, he has the good sense to keep his own personal opinion to himself and merely points out that other peoples interpretation of it is moronic, not what the actual mayans themselves might have believed.

And the ways i see it, the mayans were simply compartamentalising time the best way they knew how. Why wouldnt they really, and its pretty obvious your going to have various ages which will end and renew. What im struggling to understand is, why do people actualy put any significane on the date exacty?. as apposed to the roman, chinese or zulu calenders?

you can be as smart as hell and still be a moron. just look at the way he was not paying attention to the road and just talking out his a~~.

accident waiting to happen.

top topics

join