It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did Yesterday's Primaries Really Tell Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Much is being made about the elections and both sides in the corporate media are spinning it to their liking.

This is the conclusion I am coming to about all of it:

Arlen Spector lost because of pulling a switcheroo and trying to play to two different sides...much of it due to anti-incumbent anger.

Blanche Lincoln is facing a run off in her primary...mostly because of her NOT supporting a public option and She alienated her base...which is Progressives.

Rand Paul winning showed a split in the Republican Party and he was not the candidate the GOP wanted. Democrats and Progressives liked the idea of Rand getting the bid...because now they can jump all over him with racist allegations. That is what Republicans were afraid of IMO. I just watched Rachel Maddow ambush Rand Paul in an interview when she had mostly been kind to him in the past. All she wanted to talk about was the Civil Rights Act and race. Rand Paul is going to get hammered for his anti-war stances as well.

I originally thought Rand would be a strong candidate...but now that I see how this is going to play out...I'm no longer sure.
======

My assumption: Progressives came out ahead.

What do you think?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by David9176]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well if and when we make it to the 2010 elections all the incumbants must go. That is clear. Very few up there even know what their job is.

What are the Powers / Limitations of Congress?

Americans better wake up and get our Republic back before its truly lost to the pages of history.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Well if and when we make it to the 2010 elections all the incumbents must go.

It's not going to happen though. I will bet that more incumbents will be re-elected than voted out...regardless of party.

What I'm seeing from these 3 primaries is everyone dumping moderates.

The economy is going to get worse soon...people will vote for who will help them first and put them first over everything else....they are not likely to vote for someone who wants to take programs away.

That's reality.

Another thing about Rand Paul....he supported Sen Jim Bunning (who currently owns the seat he himself is running for) when he was blocking unemployment benefits earlier this year.

This is going to hurt him as well.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You have gotten seriously pessimistic as of late. Not that I can really blame you man, but come on, look at the margin by which Rand won. Why would we believe that the progressive base can beat those kinds of numbers?

Edit:
Bunning was doing the right thing. We can't extend unemployment forever, and I think that came as a wake up call for many people.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by projectvxn]

Edit 2:

Government programs will run dry. When the private money goes away so will the government money and it's ability to pay for and get debt financed. They too will collapse, and it won't take long.

Government programs cannot and will not save anyone when it really counts.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

join