It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for members who participate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Me personally I mainly read here, sometimes I get into spurts where I post alot, but then go months without posing anything, also I may be technically on ATS, but actually be at the store, walking the dog or other chores and whatnot.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Your post actually resonated with me. I will post like crazy, and then not be on here for months.

ATS can get to you if your passionate.

Walking the dog, does take priority!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I get the pitiful German Shepherd face if I dont walk the dog, she is fairly insistant...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i only reply to threads if no one else has posted my particular view on the subject or if i have something to add to the convo. otherwise i just browse. for a few of the first 2 years i was a member and not just a lurker anymore you could see every single post i'd ever written on the recent posts part of my profile. it only keeps the last 250 posts....so that's not many at all lol. other members new and old are of similar habits.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
well, i like to put certain topics up on here, but lately they keep getting bumped off the front page because some members post 15-20 topics in an hour and push all my posts off the board...I actually have a few threads where i got 0 replies. got bumped off too fast.. maybe we need a post limit to be enforced..i dunno..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There are lots of reasons why people don’t post just as there are lots of reasons why people do post.

Some people have careers that can be potentially damaged by posting on social networking sites and blogs like ATS.

Some people just don’t want to contribute in that fashion.

Some people don’t feel they have anything worthwhile to contribute.

Some people are followers and not leaders.

ATS is a great site to share and learn, entertain and be entertained.

Some of us are sharers and entertainers, and some of us are learners and spectators.

The truth is, it takes some real effort and skill to author a truly original and compelling thread here on ATS and to be a quality content provider.

Some people are in the process of acquiring and developing those skills, and creating truly original content, and get better at it with each thread they author.

Some members just like to post replies because they don’t feel they could provide content that is reflective of them, and or quality oriented enough to the point they would want it to be a reflection on them.

The good news is, that there are a wealth of great threads, that date from the present to years ago, to keep a person entertained and learning.

Don’t worry, be happy!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Dock9

Some interesting observations.

Personally, I post because I like to.

I treat ATS like a hobby....

I find it interesting and often entertaining. I like the intellectual stimulation. And I particularly like the research, analysis and sharing of information.

I ATS(verb) because it's fun.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Wonderful, though I must say, I read your posts quite often.

I just wonder though, like my thread title, why there are so many members, and over 400 hundred as of the last time I checked, online, why we don't see more replies from other people.

It seems to be the same people over and over replying to threads.

edit for clarification

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What is the old phrase, best to not say anything and let people think your a idiot rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt. J/K

Anyway ATS is just like mainstream life some are left some are right, or believers vs unbelievers. I like discussion more than debate. Most topics here are debate, but I do enjoy reading many of the threads here.

What bothers me the most is very few people read after the initial post then respond so you can end up with page after page of the same crap repeated over and over.

Been a member for over 5 years but I only have just under 2100 posts.

The reason I don't post more is that there seems to be more mainstream views and a over abundance of skeptics here that wish to end a topic of discussion or to turn it into a debate. The prove it mentality, but it doesn't make any since because if something could be proven then it wouldn't be a conspiracy.... And IMO if Im gonna post I will only do it if I have time and the energy and or patience for the potential debate that will come next. I sometimes do wish there were more like minds here, but then again it would not be nearly as dramatic if everyone agreed.

Now as for the same groups of people posting just give it some time and a whole new group will be posting in 6 months, its a easily recognized pattern I have witnessed over the years.

Peace
LDF

Even with its faults proven or not ATS is the best thing going for Conspiracy Theory related topics and the best hope of one day uncovering or exposing a real conspiracy.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yes, thanks, and you I see quite often replying also.

I was referred to you for instruction by a mod in my other post, as a matter of fact.

I do appreciate all the thought and effort you put into your threads, I must say.

If this is a hobby for you, you are brilliant at it!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

-----------------------------------

Great response.

I have also found that if you post on a regular basis, you learn how to quickly find links or data on the net to either support your position, or add a relavent comment.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Been a member for over 5 years but I only have just under 2100 posts.

You bring up a great point. Perhaps it is the quality of the post, and not the quantity.

You are another contributer I enjoy reading replys from.

Still, while the site has so many members, I am baffled why more don't contribute.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thank you.

I am, of course, delighted by your compliments.

ATS is an interesting space, offering all kinds of possibilities. I like the process of creating a thread or crafting a detailed post. I obviously like the visual mechanics too.

Just as enjoyable. though, is getting a sense for the personalities behind the avatars. I love reading other people's posts.

In many respects, I'm more of a junkie for that than anything else.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for replying to thread. I am off to bed, as my husband is mad, and says I participate way too much on ATS.

I hope more people will consider voicing their opinions, otherwise we need the discussion of a union for those that post on the next live show!

LOL, that will give 'em somthing to talk about during a break!

Really folks, chip in, that is what ATS is for, outside of all the other good stuff!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
To many of us are still voyeurs ? ? ?

is there more?

3rd line.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, being a closet info sponge, I can spend 10 hours on site and miss 50% of the threads posted. Even though I have all my favorite subjects favorited on my ats page and subscribe to all the threads that catch my eye on the recent posts and the side list on the mains window while on a thread.

Of course a lot of people do not get into certain board forums.

Some members may scare the meek.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d6cf8e92d08e.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7301096a1db.gif[/atsimg]

Remember folks, to run with giants, one must walk first with man. Get in there!

[edit on 5/19/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I believe that there is a lack of posting because that is just our nature. Different people post about different topics that are interesting to them.

Maybe some people would like to post but just dont most of the time because they dont want someone belittleing their opinion. If we cant have an opinion on here then where the hell can we have one/

MessOnTheFED!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Good morning everyone.

I usually fall asleep before I'm able to push the off button.

There was a time this was automatic but I guess it's broken.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You know, I never really thought about it, but I do tend to see the same posters over and over again.

Which is fine with me.

Although, I've been here since 2008 and I've noticed that there are some posters who are gone and I haven't seen them for quite some time now.

Too bad, I really enjoyed some of their insights.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
We're new, but not quite new, as I've been reading the forums for several months now (my husband has been reading them for years).

Oh, we discuss this forum all the time. We have a lot to say, and a lot to add. But most of the stuff we have to add, someone already beat us to the punch...someone already posted, so rather than clog the board with redundant postings, we just read mainly.

We star and flag all the time, but we don't post much.

SpeedBump

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join