It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for members who participate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Thanks for your reply, Possibly you put a few people at ease that don't normally reply!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by manta78

Manta,

jump right in, the water is fine!

Hope to see you express more!

------------------------------------------------------
Blanca Rose, have your forgotten me already after that nice
comment you made earlier today in response to a comment I made?

"You'd get a million stars if I could do it! "

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
well to be honest, most of us are bullies. we are mostly over opinionated. but even if our info is wrong we are still all vary intelligent people. i feel that maybe the non-posters are afraid of getting chewed up and spit out. even thou most of the info we post on this site has a great possibility of being bull. maybe if we turn down our arrogance a bit others will feel confident enough to say something....or a lot of people join and then get board or forget about the site. most of the ats subject matters are enquired tastes....or maybe....just maybe.... its a conspiracy!
dun dun duuuuuuuun!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I love this site,i have a variety of interest,the main reason i got on this site was to see how other people see things whether i agreed with them are not,sometimes i don't post because i am reading other peoples post and seeing how they view the world it is a amazing site

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Nope, and we don't get stars in this forum...........But we can get flags, so, did you forget me?

That post you had was brilliant, by the way!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by manta78

Nope, and we don't get stars in this forum...........But we can get flags, so, did you forget me?

That post you had was brilliant, by the way!

Thank you. I think I was the second person to flag you for posing a question that should be of interest to all ATSmembers, and thank you for your contribution.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

Ha, you are right to a degree, it does depend on tastes, and opinions a lot of time.

Still, I wish more people typed in for participation.

While I love the regulars, a fresh perspective is something to be appreciated also.

Heck, I even make remarks that at sometimes not welcome. Perhaps is the point, and star, flag thing too intimidating?

I have had posts removed today even, well, because I was , errrrrmmm, not quite on the ball. Yet, still here I am.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
I love this site,i have a variety of interest,the main reason i got on this site was to see how other people see things whether i agreed with them are not,sometimes i don't post because i am reading other peoples post and seeing how they view the world it is a amazing site

Wonderful, so, see you participated here in this thread, and I do understand why some members just sort of stick to themselves. The site is good for validation of whether or not your are the only one thinking some things at times!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

No problems.

I've been a member now since 2005.

It took me a while to get into the flow of things on here.

As well do not forget the news of the day influences how people post too.

A few more thoughts to add to my original numbers :

6) Timing is everything, people work different schedules, and post accordingly.

Some people post from home, some people post from work, some people post from their cell phones, the people who post from home are posting according to their thoughts, some of, not all, of the people posting from work post based on how they are allowed to (corporate policy) so they might be reading and not post.

7) Do not forget for those who post links a lot (like I do) some people follow those links and are doing more research, whether they agree with the original post or not, and sometimes are multi-tasking, and as well surfing many websites.

8) I cannot speak for others but I watch television (when I had a home), read websites, listen to music, and talk on the cell phone (when I had one), etc.

9) Some people log-in and go about their homes and or work and leave ATS on their desktop, so they are technically logged in, by away from their keyboard.

10) In the formula of life 20% of the people do the work while 80% slack off.

That formula works in work, school, home life, you name it but it works nonetheless.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

You are something, with your ideas about how it works, and I tend to agree with you on a few things.

I never log off, well, because in my house, I am the only one who uses the computer here.

We do have brilliant contributers from all over the world, I might add.

Many are up and at it, while I am snoozing.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

yeah we all have our good days and bad days...mostly bad lol.

opinions are like butt holes. every one has them but no one wants to smell each others.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Some read, Some write, Some read and write.
There's alot of forums, some I never visit, I probably read more than I write, but I will write when the fire burns hot enough.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Cool, no use on spending wasted words.

Your passion suites you!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
And of course one thing, especially very new members should remember to do after logging in, is to star and flag, or just flag, or just star
a comment if you support the poster's opinion or thought, even if you don't want to post.

No comments are obviously necessary if you just wish to remain silent, but as I and others have mentioned within this post, please take the plunge and post at any time. No one is going to bite you, although you may get one of these:
or these:
if someone does not agree with you, or is not crazy about your comment, to which you can reply with one of these:
or not........

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

ehhh, a few stinky words don't bother mem if they mean something. I guess my thread has a point.

Really, only people will say something if it matters to them.

I guess I need to rethink why I participate here so much?

Some stuff is just fun, I guess.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Ha.............LOL

. just make sure it is a couple of lines.

Sadly, some of the most brilliant comments are from people who make one line of it. Sometimes, one line really fits.

But a discussion includes everyone, so I can understand why one line comments don't add at times.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Well i was going through something,and i was looking for a site that i could relate to someone and share thier thoughts on it,and it helped alot not to feel alone,My goal on ATS is not to make someone else feel their opinions are not worthy

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
And since i am fairly new here how do you star and flag? I haven't learned that yet

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Jasmine, welcome! ATS is awesome, and I don't know what your interests are, but, you will find your cubby hole.

This is a great place, but you may find that some people won't always agree with you, but the good thing about that, is mostly people will be very explicit as to why, and offer you good reasons, or proof, or backup, as to why. Some people might agree with you, and everyone will pretty much respect you.

I posted a thread ealier as to my woes about linking sites with proof to what I am talking about, it might help you. The mods are wonderful, and there are places to figure out how to navigate, but, please ask anyone if you are questioning something.

The stars are up above a post, all you need to do is click on one to activate it. Same for flags. They are red, up in the left hand corner. You can only star and flag once. The flag will appear gray once you have flagged it, and you will get a message if you try to star more than once.

Have fun!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I post, I read, I post, I read and so on and so forth. I've gotten flags where I didn't think I would, I've not gotten flags where I thought I should, stars and no stars the same. I've been agreed with, disagreed with. I've been flamed, I've been applauded. I have been befriended, and have yet to be foe'd.

I could've almost made that poetic if I would've tried a little harder I think
I'm content with having a forum to express the views, beliefs, and opinions I have and I love that this forum allows me to be exposed to others views, beliefs, and opinions, the more the merrier I would agree. None the less, I appreciate all the members, because without them, posting or not, there would be no ATS

Way to recruit Blanca, get those lurkers in here typing on these boards

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join