It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Turning red?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed this? I read about it a few mins ago in GLP site. I am in N.T (AU) and can see no moon yet.

Here are some links:

www.godlikeproductions.com.../8/04&replies=8

www.aad.gov.au...

www.mlo.noaa.gov...

The last link is off a cam in Hawai
Anyone else seeing anything weird?

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Balkanboy]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   
No red moon here, but it does look very, very hazy out. There aren't any clouds, so its haze or SPACE DUST!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
You have got to stop believeing anything on GLP. They were saying the New Mexico dust storms were "The Dust Clouds"

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Dude the Moon here is a little red , but it is foggy too. Hmmm

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   

According to folklore, the full moon of June is called the Strawberry Moon. Or the Rose Moon. Or the Flower Moon. Different cultures have given it different names. On June 2nd, Dan Bush photographed the full moon rising over Albany, Missouri, and it looked more like a peach

JUNE 3RD: spaceweather.com...

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Its not a sign that the moon is going to fall down its perfectly normal. When the moon is right overhead, it looks white. The reason it is white is because white light is made up of all different colors of light. When the moon is right overhead, it comes straight through the atmosphere, so not much of the shortwavelength light gets scattered. But when the moon gets close to the horizon, it isn't coming at you straight on. It's kind of slanting at us, and it's going through a lot more of the atomosphere. The more air the moonlight has to go through, the more chance for the short wavelength blue and green light to get filtered out by the atomosphere. What's left is the red and yellow light. And that's why you only see the red and yellow light when the moon gets close to the horizon, and that's why the moon looks red and yellow whenever it is about to rise or set.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Its just like when the sun rises and when it sets !!!!!! theres no reason to panic!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This is a pic i took last week!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The moon over New York city has been looking amazing for the past few weeks. The colors are rich hues of peach and red. It looks really unusual. As a previous poster quoted from spaceweather.com. This is normal for this time of year. I also think the earthshine is playing a role in its eery appearance.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Great picture you posted, Regenmacher.
And same to you, Warhappy.

I saw a similar moon while I was lying in the grass looking at the sky last Thursday. It's a beautiful thing to observe.

On that site they seem to be looking for the smallest thing to justify their claims...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Wasn't there a bible prophecy about the moon turning red?

The sixth seal contains within it five distinct events:

1. An earthquake
2. The sun is darkened
3. The moon turns blood red
4. A shower of falling stars
5. A global/cosmic disturbance (Polar Shift)

Links

Joel 2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sack-cloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Link

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
the redness and largeness of the moon is caused by dust and haze in the atmosphere. the particles in the atmosphere defract the light, causing the image to enlarge and redden.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The large picture of the Moon is impressive, but I can't help being drawn to the airbrush effects that are evident accross the top and on the lower half of the Moon.

A nice image all the same keep up the photography DAN airBrUSH.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigslim666
The large picture of the Moon is impressive, but I can't help being drawn to the airbrush effects that are evident accross the top and on the lower half of the Moon.

A nice image all the same keep up the photography DAN airBrUSH.

It's not airbrushed. Those are what we like to call "clouds". We tend to get alot of clouds on this planet. They come in many different shapes and many different sizes.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by ThatsJustWeird]

jra

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
yeah those would just be thin wispy clouds. As for the moon turning red and being some sort of sign from the bible... well the moon has turned red many many times. Infact it turns red everytime it sets does it not? or at least an off white. Last time i had a clear view of the moon and saw it setting was in october and it turned all orangy red. Like BlackJackal said, the light is just going through more atmosphere, thus only the stronger wavelengths make it through.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well

I am in Spain and I saw very strange sky today, hazy, the few clouds seems to be very very high but not the normal ones, these ones look different, and more when you see around the sun look weird, I have watch the sky fore ever and I have to admit today look different, like when there is a lot of wind and the dirt are flying around, but today has no wind at all, very strange.

And also hearing strong noises, like turbines of a jet, but I can tell you they are not jets because where I live the airplanes fly over every minute or so, and I can tell the difference, the sound it is more stronger like when hear thunder or something and it seems to come from every where, maybe the people haven't hear the noise because they think it is an airplane, but I tell you is not, when I look for one there is any when I hear the sound, One time happened in the wedding of the prince in 22 of June I was out side the palace when I heard the noise and for me was strange because the air space was close because of the wedding and I was looking for a plane there was none, very strange.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Spain]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I live in New Jersey and like what Mynaeris said, the moon has been pretty cool looking lately. Last week I was in Atlantic City and a friend of mine commented on how pretty she thought the moon looked. But like what has been said a number of times, the moon does this. For all of you that are worried about the color changing, do you also get scared when it gets "bigger" near the horizon?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
1. An earthquake
2. The sun is darkened
3. The moon turns blood red
4. A shower of falling stars
5. A global/cosmic disturbance

This sounds like it could resemble a NUKE. An earthquake, the hit. The sun is darkened, fallout. Same for the moon. The shower of falling stars... the falling nukes. Five is evident.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
uhhh whats wrong with you people

Havent you ever seen an orange moon before?

I know this has a little bit of a red tint to it but I have seen the moon get pretty big and orange plenty times... It will be that way for a few minutes then as it gets higher in the sky it will get normal.

Ace

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
could it be people are getting paranoid about the red moon
because of that ausie guy who claims
some kinda black mather entered our system
and is heading for earth
which will also turn the moon red and give us some meteor showers
and to end it all 2 asteroids with a huge impact killing us all ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join