It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea to convene emergency meeting of top military generals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
"Or else we will be very angry with you... and we will write you a letter, telling you how angry we are"

Yeah I think that's the extent of it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The problem is between North Korea and South Korea. All other nations should just stand back and let them sort out their problems instead of getting involved and making the problem worse.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
If it takes nearly 2 months to decide what to do in retaliation of an attack, this will go on forever.

it never took 2 months to decide...it took 2 months to investigate and find a clear answer to what happened...they are now going to decide based on the findings. all in all...it hasnt took that long

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emphursis
The problem is between North Korea and South Korea. All other nations should just stand back and let them sort out their problems instead of getting involved and making the problem worse.

You know the anglo american empire will not stand back, when there is lies to be made up about someone.

We still have no evidence other than south saying the north did it.

How many times did clown man blair say he had absolute evidence about iraq, and there was none.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If north korea had a huge oil reserves, the US would have been there the very next day after the sinking....funny how we have such huge international double standards towards various nations....

the South if it had any balls, as soon as they had the evidence the north had sunk their ship, they should have displayed it to the UN general assembly while at the same time telling them "at this very moment we are launching a retaliatory strike against the North"....

grow some balls, and that goes for the US too....act big and tough against nations that cant defend themselves on an equal footing...damn bully....go take out a nation that has a decent defence....it'll never happen.!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

U.S: N. Korea must understand that belligerence towards its neighbors and defiance of the international community are signs of weakness.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by asala]

I wonder, does the US have the same opinion of itself with its act of war towards other current nations that defy the international community???

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
if we get involved, you know what well happen? we'll drop all the bombs we can get our hands on and won't give a damn who live and who will die. it's not our country and its not our precious land we're blowing up. this will only anger the north and since they can't bomb us, guess who they will take this out on? yup, the south. we have forgotten how to fight on land, we might as well disband ground forces and just drop bombs from the air where they can't touch us and call them cowards because every time they stick their head up to breath we drop a bomb on them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

I reckon call their bluff..... North Korea always pushes the envelope to the edge and then backs down, they will do the same here... but what SK and its allies should do is push the envelope higher and wider, unless they are prepared to say that the 40+ murdered military personnel are acceptable collateral damage?

SK and its allies have the stealth capability to deliver a massive surgical strike against NK military assets and nuclear capability that they would not even be seen coming... what is China going to do? I don't think much and SK and its allies will probably do them a secret favour and save them face where they are expected to be the Headmaster chastising a beligerent student (who will never listen) for which they are probably sick of anyway?

I note that China just bought some more US bonds this week, somehow I don't think they are going to spill to many tears "in private" if SK and its allies put their joint tenanted nuisance neighbours back into place? Sure they will make some noise, and rattle some sabres, give it a week or two and it would all die down and become a red cross matter to provide aid to the famished north fully supported by China, SK and its allies.... and China can play a key role in assiting the North to reunfiy with the South... which would be a great public relations move for China, a big win-win also for the USA who can refocus resource committed to the Korean peninsula, now that the Kim regime is well and truly decimated..... will this happen, who knows? but what i can say, the current prolonged position cannot sustain and the sooner someone stands up and takes the hard calls, the quicker a stalemate will be broken.....

Just my thoughts.....

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

SK needs to take the evidence to the International community, there are laws against such unprovocative attacks.

If SK acts like the US and wages a war, without providing any evidence, it will be seen as an aggressor.

America never provided any evidence in regards to bin Laden, and rocked up to Afghanistan, out of arrogance.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I am unsure with the International Community already involved in the review of the wreckage from the sunken vessel, how much more evidence SK needs to present? I also think the NK's actions on siezing assets owned by SK and individual investors would be hardly considered "normal" trade relations and anything other than highly provocative?

The issue of the sinking of a SK Naval vessel and the murder of SK naval personel to me, simply highlites that NK has total disregard and disdain for any mandates given by the UN or the UN Security Council.

Just the same as they have done for how many decades now?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

The UN is controlled by world power, I don't expect NK to have any respect for the UN. But I do expect it to follow upon the treaties which it signs.

Those agreements should'nt be broken, and if it is broken then there is no more agreement and both involving countries can do what every they please.

What evidence has SK provided to other nations in regards to its findings, and which countries know about this evidence, I want a report also.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by oozyism]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So... If I understand it correctly, NK sank a ship from SK for no reasons, NK denies its involvement in the "attack", China finds it "unfortunate", no retaliation has been made yet, and Santa Claus is coming to town this year, right?
I mean, you people calling for NK's obliteration all believe it happened the way it did? Come on! It seems so evident that any excuse for a war is more likely to be tried at this time, why do you all jump the gun like that?

I'll provide tons of link pointing to a story wholly different then what you seem to be falling to.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

In the link above, a reliable witness, a sailor of the sank ship had this to say to his relatives as reported by AP:

The explosion late Friday tore open the rear hull of the Cheonan, shut down its engine, wiped out power and caused the ship to sink a little over three hours later, the Joint Chiefs said.
A survivor, Staff Sgt. Shin Eun-chong, 24, told relatives he was on night duty when he heard a huge boom behind him that split apart the ship. The vessel started tilting, and his glasses fell off his face as he hit the deck, relatives at a naval base in Pyeongtaek told The Associated Press.

So a hole was created by the explosion at the rear The witness says it was "split apart"... But it is improbable that NK did it, so says SK... but...

www.guardian.co.uk...

Selig Harrison, director of the Asia programme of the Centre for International Policy in Washington and author of Korean Endgame, said: "It's generally not understood that there's been a progressively growing crisis between North and South Korea. Now we're in a new situation and I've been afraid something would give, because the present government [in Seoul] has cancelled the basic premises between North and South."
He said Seoul had announced it would review the statements in which it repudiated policies of predecessor governments designed to bring about a collapse of the North and affirmed a relationship of coexistence. "That was really a fundamental step because to North Korea it means the south is going back to the policy of promoting collapse," Harrison added.
However, others had seen signs of some improvements in relations on the peninsula.
The Northern Limit Line has long been an area of tension. In 1999, at least 17 North Korean sailors were killed in a firefight there. Three years later, another clash saw six South Korean and an estimated 13 North Korean sailors die.

Whu?!
South Korea goes back in time with its policies towards North Korea, showing to the world it (SK) does not want peace, but the extermination of the other regime??? But some see improvements and to prove that, they say 30 NK died against 6 SK?... Homer would now say "D-oh!"

www.cnn.com...

The South Korean government issued a statement saying the reason for the incident remains unclear, but it wasn't ruling out some sort of military engagement. An explosion had occurred in the rear of the ship, leaving a large hole in the ship's underwater hull, officials told Yonhap.
A U.S. State Department spokesman said Friday that there was no evidence North Korea was behind the incident. "Let's not jump to conclusions here," said the spokesman, Philip J. Crowley, when asked about possible North Korean involvement. "I'm not aware of any evidence to that effect, but I think the authoritative source here would be the South Korean government."
Yonhap quoted South Korean naval officials as saying a South Korean vessel fired at a ship toward the north later.

Again, we are told the ship was hit in the rear. And SK has retaliated against a NK ship, later that day. What class of ship? Notice, in the article, that the marines jumped into the cold waters, so the ship, hit in the rear, and split apart must be a total wreck... I mean, trained marines don't jump like that in water, right?

www.nytimes.com...

Below is a picture of the ship. You see its stern, the rear of the ship, with a green cover to hide the evident implosion of the ship.
Don't you love South Korean navy technology, having its propellers in front of the ship as well as its rudder.

“It was highly likely that it was an external, rather than internal, explosion,” Yoon Duk-yong, head of the government team of military and private investigators, said at a nationally televised news conference.

Well, looking at the pic above, I agree with the report from the NY Times, as said by SK's officials: It was highly likely to be external rather than internal... Notice the outward shape of the cover? Know what it means?

That's what I call a split apart ship! James Cameron had it all wrong when he split the Titanic in his movie...

www.google.com...://english.chosun.com/site/data/img_dir/2010/04/19/2010041901239_0.jpg&imgrefurl=http://english.chosun.com/sit e/data/html_dir/2010/04/19/2010041901395.html&usg=__IxDLtsj9wXiYPZ6_XLfPOO5rFyw=&h=286
www.google.com...://media-files.gather.com/images/d541/d290/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gather.com/viewArtic le.action%3FarticleId%3D281474978131885&usg=__OYR2atx0iF8G7

The next picture is the front half of the ship...

So... in the water, the vessel has the cover on the rear?...
And now, the whole ship.

www.google.com...://media-files.gather.com/images/d541/d290/d746/d224/d96/f3/full.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gather.com/viewArtic le.action%3FarticleId%3D281474978131885&usg=__OYR2atx0iF8G7H

So, you still think it should require war or extermination of NK, anyone?

Because so far, reading the provided articles, it looks more of a way to gain the ability to prevent NK's push toward nuclear power than the revenge of the latter. TPTB got it all wrong with the photos provided, what about textual comments?... Or the provided explanations?...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
oN the BBC they are saying that the independent investigation carried out by team members from the US , UK , sweden and someone else on the gun boats remains found that markings on the torpedo matched those of markings found on a torpedo manufacture by the north from 7 years ago !

If you look at the markings they are clearly drawn on with a pen or paint , they arent stamped into the metal by machine!

How easy is it to mark up a torpedo of similar design then fire it at a ship in order to start a war !

America , south korea, UK , or china or japan or anyone could have manufactured the torpedo then marked it up in such a way to make it look like its from North korea !

Is it just me , am I the only one here who thinks this is BS , we all know war makes money and who right now is broke ?

bbc

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well North Korea has a large military capability. However although they have a large number it is dated and much less capable, pound for pound the South Korean forces have more ability, better technology and more advanced weapons. This isn't 1950 where the North had overwhelming forces against a poor scattered defense force like the South had back then. South Korea has a large and Sophisticated military. I don't think North Korea attacking the South will be the cake walk I keep hearing and reading about in these threads.

Outside of their Nukes North Korea may find a Real Tiger not the perceived paper one they and everybody else believes the South is.

Having said that there will be countless dead and wounded mostly South Koreans simply becuase they have a larger and more prosperous population [Simply put... more targets.] unlike the walking skeletons of the North.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

I think you are wrong in your analysis. The problem is Seoul will be reduced to dust if war breaks out. Sure the SK may have better technology, but it won't protect them against thousands of artillery and missiles flying their way.
The already much smaller SK military will be stretched badly, between helping the devasted capital and fighting the NK.
You don't need 'high tech' to win wars. Time and time again history has proved it.
Having said that I can't see how anybody can emerge victorious from this. But the one who has to lose the most is SK, NK already living in extremely difficult conditions they can bear the times of war better than their rich neighbors. Not only SK will go back 50 years, but the whole world will suffer from the economic repercussions.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Unsure if we will all get "individual" reports?

Yes the UN is a World Power and carries a mandate as the United Nations.

NK does not recognise the UN and / or its Security mandates, as such it cannot expect the Global community to recognise its arguments against the mandates that it fails to acknowledge.

It gets back to my intial post, how many decades, how many mandates, how many provocations, how many lies, how many wasted lives, and how many generations on the Korean Peninsula will want to entertain life as it is today? .... better to sort out today's generational problems today, whatever that may entail, and however tough and brutal that may be, then to bring new generations into a fray that will never be resolved through words......

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

The investigation was from Western countries, and Western countries don't like NK.

That is not independent.

And I want to know why the evidence is so strictly hidden?

Even when the ship was getting removed from the water, the hole was covered?

I'm guessing it is the work of America, the way they orchestrated 9/11, American foot print all over it. And since SK is part of the US empire, I'm not gonna act surprised.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I think that the G8 controlled UN or should i say US controlled UN has a complete disregard and disdain for developing sovereign nations who want nuclear power and to develop independently with capitalism !

On many occasions the DPRK have expressed their wishes to launch satellites into orbit for peaceful purposes but have been told no , because the US believed they were testing ICBM technology , EH hello how do you think the US got into space , using nazi rocket technology !

its unfair to blacklist a nation because they want to come into the 21st century

its the same BS with Iran , they want to come into the 21st century not to be kept there by the evil empire !

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The problem is, it is not in a strategic interest of the US to allow the North and the South deal with their own problems..

America needs this division, so that they don't advance.

America is not gonna let go of its colony for peace.

Are you telling me that the UN is not controlled by the world super powers?

Wasn't it created to save the world from the world bullies, not the little countries, but the world/

They are allowed to do anything, they can veto what ever they want, unlimited amount of veto.

You don't need the UN to have treaties. The world had treaties way before the UN, they had agreements, and those agreements are basically International laws. Not every have to agree with it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I agree with you 100% this to me looks like a plan by the US to draw themselves into a prozy war with SK and the DPRK , to defend the south , so they can have halliburton in after the war is over to clean up and cash in!

I feel for the people of the korean peninsula , more depleted uranium and phosphurous attacks.

I just hope that america and china dont take sides and then end up going all out !

I for one am not fighting in a world war that has nothing to do with the UK

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
More coming out,

: N. Korea denies sinking S. Korea ship, warns that any retaliation will trigger 'all-out' war

Reuters: China says it will not make a direct comment on South Korean report. but calls the sinking "unfortunate."

I heard this on the news as I listened to my radio a few hours ago.

SK found a piece of the torpedo used to sink the ship and which could be traced to NK or something to that effect.

The NK government says there will be an all out war with ANY sort of response from SK to this incident. I really hope no war starts over this, but the NK government should be held responsible for what they did.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join