It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea to convene emergency meeting of top military generals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

The South Korea don't want to start a war but can't impose sanctions to North Korea because they threaten to start a war in responce. Then, what else is left to be done?

It looks like the North is paving the way to the war, like a chess game, they are making the moves and closing the opponents possible moves to try checkmate the king?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

S&F's Vit...

Cue the obligitory US Navy Video....

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

You are correct, there will definitely be no war over this.

No government wants any trouble with NK, And it's not the NK army or the nukes it's the people of NK.

If the NK government falls the people of NK will flood into china and South Korea in one of the worlds largest humanitarian refugee catastrophes ever seen.

Chine nor South Korea could not Handel so many people flooding into they country. So for now NK can do what ever the hell it wants and Kim knows it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here we go again. The regime needs to be stopped.

reply to post by Vitchilo

If those nasty bastards in North Korea touch ONE HAIR of a South Korean, they need to be bombed into oblivion.

You don't want to bomb those innocent people. They are born under totalitarian government. They have no choice.

The government needs to be dealt with. But how? Without angering China?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
You don't want to bomb those innocent people. They are born under totalitarian government. They have no choice.

The government needs to be dealt with. But how? Without angering China?

Exactly. The average North Korean doesn't have a say in how the Nut case Kim runs HIS country. Hell most of them are brainwashed into thinking or at least they are great pretending he is a God. [Obviously out of fear]

North Korea and China just agreed to more trade and business dealings in order to try to pull North Korea out of the ash heap Kim drove it into.

Stay tuned folks this can get bumpy real quick

+4 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
NK: We sunk your ship, we sunk your ship, nha nha nha-nha nha.
SK: We're telling USA, you just wait.
NK: Go ahead tell them, we'll sink their ships too! thhhpltt!!

SK: USA, we think NK sunk our ship and that's not fair.
USA: Alright SK, we'll look into it.

USA: Um China sirs? Would you mind terribly if we helped SK rough up NK a bit? Nothing too drastic, maybe just bomb an underground bunker or two?
China: If a finger pointing to the moon bends like a reed in the wind, then one must ignore the biting fly.
USA: WTF does that mean?
China: Until you figure that out, you are not permitted to take action.
USA: grumble, grumble, grumble

USA: Sorry SK, we can only stand here and look tough for you. Our Big-Guy is gonna chastise them in front of a global audience. Hopefully that will allow you to regain some of your lost honor.
SK: @#$% it anyway! I swear if you guys do nothing 13 or 14 more times, you're outta here.

China: Now NK, we grow weary of these demonstrations.
NK: Sorry boss.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I love NK, or as I like to call them "the great distraction nation". Every couple of months they give us another round of excitement, but only for a few days.

Nothing will happen here. SK will get angry, cry a bit and talk to the UN. The US will talk a lot too, suggesting sanctions.
NK will scream and shout like a child who's been told to go to their room.

Move to three months later when the UN have had all their meetings and wasted millions on travel, tea and biscuits, and there'll be some minor change in sanctions. They'll big it up to make it sound like a massive insult to NK, when in fact it just means Kim doesn't get a new car that month.

NK will do their part by screaming again and threatening to throw their toys out the pram (hitting Seoul), and then nothing will happen and it'll all calm down again.

Then, in six months time Kim will feel like he's being ignored again and so he'll do something else.

Really, if a country was ever like a nutty Human personality it's NK! Their personality is of a spoilt child who's always desperate for attention and will do absolutely anything they can to get it.
Unfortunately, it also means that one day, if we don't give them that attention, they might just press that button...

But probably not.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
NK: We sunk your ship, we sunk your ship, nha nha nha-nha nha.
SK: We're telling USA, you just wait.
NK: Go ahead tell them, we'll sink their ships too! thhhpltt!!

SK: USA, we think NK sunk our ship and that's not fair.
USA: Alright SK, we'll look into it.

USA: Um China sirs? Would you mind terribly if we helped SK rough up NK a bit? Nothing too drastic, maybe just bomb an underground bunker or two?
China: If a finger pointing to the moon bends like a reed in the wind, then one must ignore the biting fly.
USA: WTF does that mean?
China: Until you figure that out, you are not permitted to take action.
USA: grumble, grumble, grumble

USA: Sorry SK, we can only stand here and look tough for you. Our Big-Guy is gonna chastise them in front of a global audience. Hopefully that will allow you to regain some of your lost honor.
SK: @#$% it anyway! I swear if you guys do nothing 13 or 14 more times, you're outta here.

China: Now NK, we grow weary of these demonstrations.
NK: Sorry boss.

Oh it's so true.

*Izzy wipes a tear from his eye*

Al tho you did forget to mention the BJ America gave to China, the BJ SK gave to the US and the BJ Kim gave to himself in the script.

The jaws of these poor ambassadors must hurt like hell, but i'm sure they are very glad China is the worlds super power instead of Africa.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Izarith]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
When the South Korean government goes on declaring endlessly that it is going to convene a meeting of generals, that it is going to conduct a probe and so on, we can safely assume that nothing would come out of this. After all, this whole charade is now going on for months. Of course, sections of the South Korean society would be angry over this horrendous incident but I feel that the South Korean government would probably resort to verbal rhetoric and might lodge a formal complaint at the U.N to assuage the public anger.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
46 sailors lost their lives..the boat was torpedoed in South Korean waters..
It does not get bigger than that..

In a normal world.. this is more than enough reason to go to war..

Realistic next steps..
1)more sanctions on NK.. China cannot veto that on any reasonable grounds (even to Chinese psyche)

2) SK Anti Sub Warfare capabilities are augmented by additional SK naval acquisitions and/or increase in USN presence in the region.

anyone considered that this could be a renegade (forced like in Dr Strangelove) action from within NK that Kim had no knowledge/control prior to its execution? It seems very strange to have a presidential order to send sub(s) near/into SK waters to potentially sink a SK vessel with direct SK casualties..
Its a stupid way to try something out because the success ratio of a sub sinking a warboat is not a very high one especially in enemy waters..
It almost seems like the sub captain took a decision on personal whim aka Crimson Tide.. Or something else went about?
I find it hard to believe that NK subs (not cutting edge tech by any means) would catch a SK vessel in SK waters completely off guard?

It all sounds very unreal (fishy even) to me..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My train of thought goes something like this...

North Korea couldn't support or sustain an invasion of South Korea if it wanted to. Half of the North Korean citizenry are malnourished and, as Slayer pointed out, poorly equipped (for the most part).

South Korea would gain nothing but problems, if they pursue conquest of the North..., it's just not worth it.

The people of the Korean peninsula are separated by nearly a generation, and generally, the familial bonds that drew them together are almost totally vanquished, thanks to the mind games imposed upon the North on one hand, and the South Korean preoccupation with the pursuit of economic relevance. heir is no nationalistic drive to do more than posture and rattle sabers.

War is not the goal of this event. I think it safe to ask..., assuming war isn't desired by either party, why sink a warship? Could the South have been taunting the North by popping in and out of it's territorial waters? Could the North have attacked to show their 'teeth' for no other purpose than to stir the pot?

There is more to this story than we know. Do you think those among the UN will know the "whole story?"

While 'distraction' comes to mind.... realistically, distraction from what? Why hide something that is unseen anyway? Or do we know precisely what it is we're to be distracted from?

Arms sales maybe?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
My 2cents on this is that NK has borders with China and Russia. I'm sure the USA would love to occupy this country. I'm not suggesting that "WE" sunk that vessel ourselves, but it was found that the torpedo round wasn't China made and was in fact from German origins. So a European torpedo was used to sink an SK vesel in SK waters, and so far NK has denied involvement. I also find it very FISHY. Imagine the strategic possibilities of a USA controlled/occupied country with Russian/Chinese borders...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Also....as a side note, I was looking at Google Earth, NK and checked out some of the photos from Pyong Yang and other cities. While some of the photos look a bit like East Germany pre-`89, some of the photos show people walking around in shorts/t-shirts/cool sneakers and sunglasses and generally having a nice time. Lots of nice shrines/temples/tennis courts/ice rinks etc. How do we really know that NK is such a sh1tty place anyhow? Because we beleive all the stories we hear in the MSM? How many of us have 1st hand accounts of life in NK?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Upyerheart]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ok so 46 SK lives were lost.... World says mmmmm let this one slip and give NK a slap on the wrist

However if that was a USA ship and 46 USA lives that were lost, I bet USA would have started bombing the hell out of NK already

Nothing against USA here, I just find it funny how ppl of the world find these South Korea lives worth nothing, but if it was lives from a 1st world country all hell would break loose

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake
...but if it was lives from a 1st world country all hell would break loose

SK is a 1st world country, although that term is a bit old fashioned now! It's a presidential republic, has the 4th largest economy in Asia, 16th in the world! Is a member of the UN, the 8th biggest exporter in the world, Samsung, LG and Hyundai to name a few. And if you like to drink....It's a fun place

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Upyerheart

Sorry wrong term of words
what i meant was one of the higher powers that the world knows about... SK is a nobody to most people, most could not point it out on a map or would ever want to travel there....

BTW in all honesty i did not know they were 1st world, if anyone did not either here is a nice break down of the countries ... Learn something new every day

www.nationsonline.org...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by bluedrake]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ace High

No way nukes would ever be used against the North.. China wouldn't sit back and let nukes detonate that close to their border.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Scary stuff, a friend of mine is in South Korea on a business/pleasure trip, and shes supposed to get a tour of the DMZ while she was there. not sure if that part of the trip was cancelled. I hope so!

Paul

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If there is a war, let's leave it to the Koreas or else it's gonna become World War 3.

just sayin.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Let them have a karaoke competition, then put a dare on the line, who ever looses should bomb the US.

That will keep things interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join