It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Charlie Norwood Discusses "The Truth About La Raza" and L.A. Mayor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is an older interview from 2006, but I did not see it published here after a search so posting as it is still relavent; It has some very interesting information contained in this article, like for example that the current mayor of Los Angeles Antonio Villaraigosa is a former member of MECHA as he (Norwood) stated here:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"MEChA
Members of these radical, anti-American, racist organizations are frequently smoothly polished into public respectability by the National Council of La Raza.

Former MEChA members include Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who was officially endorsed by La Raza for mayor and was awarded La Raza's Graciela Olivarez Award. Now we know why he refuses to condemn a sea of foreign flags in his city. California Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante is also a former MEChA member. He delivered the keynote address at La Raza's 2002 Annual Convention."

Read the full article here: www.humanevents.com...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

More on Villaraigosa:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOS ANGELES - July 24, 1997 - (VCT -- Now American Patrol) --- State Assemblyman, Antonio Villaraigosa (D-District 45) Majority leader of the California State Assembly, claims that immigration is the responsibility of California.

Speaking on the radio interview show "Which Way L.A.?" (KCRW - FM) on Thursday, July 24, Villaraigosa said, "The federal government has said that this issue of immigration isn't a federal issue, it's a California issue. Guess what? California has half the immigrants in the entire nation."
"
.......Together with Assembly Speaker Cruz Bustamante, who appeared on the same program, Villaraigosa demanded that California taxpayers pick up the tab for welfare services to legal immigrants which has been dropped by the federal government.

"As I recall," said Glenn Spencer, president of Voice of Citizens Together, a grass-roots organization opposed to illegal immigration, "when the Mexicans were fighting Proposition 187 they told us that it was an illegal state scheme to regulate immigration. In fact, federal judge Mariana Pfaelzer, their co-conspirator, used just that language to strike down Proposition 187. Now they say that immigration is a state issue. You simply can't have it both ways."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 19-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Members of these radical, anti-American, racist organizations are frequently smoothly polished into public respectability by the National Council of La Raza.

www.nclr.org...
www.nclr.org...

Nope, you are wrong. Stop spreading misinformation. They gave Mecha money once in 2003 for a thanksgiving dinner for students who couldn't go home. The NCLR has never supported separatist movements. I'm getting tired of seeing these kinds of lies spread on ATS.

If you want to talk actual separatist movements you should be talking about Warriors La Raza and affiliated gangs. They are offshots of prison gangs.

MECHa is actually a student organization whose main focus is seeing Hispanics graduate from college and high school. You have to maintain a certain GPA to be allowed to join. It's not even a big deal. Their founders literature is fairly inflammatory but it doesn't seem to be what they stand for now.
www.nationalmecha.org... and objectives
I don't see reconquest there.

If the mayor was in MECHa it means he probably had decent grades. Heck, I was invited and I'm half white. Never saw the point though.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

=====================================
This was an interview conducted with the United States Representative from Georgia for many years and not my words. For more information on him go here:

www.govtrack.us...

You assessment of La Raza and MECHA is incorrect; and there are any number of persons within various intelligence organizations that would confirm that if they were able to discuss it. But, this is America, and God Bless America, you have a right to your opinion, as do I.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by manta78]

join