It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Illegal Aliens really deserve this much attention?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

If that person wanted to immigrate legally, I say it is possible.

Of course it's possible. It's a complicated and expensive process to be sure. I know this because I wrangled with it for a long time and I had all the advantages of being able to afford a lawyer, speaking fluent English, and financial stability.

There is an ugly climate brewing in America at the moment. People need someone to blame, and who better to blame than someone who can't ( or won't) stand up for themselves. Afterall, is your illegal work force going to complain about unpaid overtime, or unfair wages?

I forget sometimes that ATS does NOT speak for the majority of Americans. Most people do not think a dirt poor farmer whose livlihood was destroyed by AMERICAN owned factory farms and decides to sneak over the border to pick tomatoes is the bad guy.

The people in charge, the corporations, they don't want your immigration policy to change, they like it just the way it is, keep the workers quiet, and grateful for the few dollars that they get. Keep them CHEAP.

At the same time, they have to mindful not to look like heartless bastards, so they allow a few people in, a trickle, and ones that can pay of course, or play football.

And then..the cherry on top of it all..get the people riled up, lead them on with lots of weak facts about how immigrants steal jobs, use up healthcare, have anchor babies and generally ruin the country, whilst the corporations slowly and continuosly leachi the American people of everything....and a lot of you have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

It is in the corporations interests to keep this hidden underclass. It is also in their interest to use them as the scapegoat for the ills that corporations have brought on your heads.

The tactic has worked for the "overseer" class throughout history. Screw it up through greed, and then shift blame on the easiest targets.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
This is just the new hot button issue to put fear and anger in the majority of the populace who's too stupid to see the major bigger problems in society.

You get the prize!
This is right up there with abortion, gun control and gay marriage. Whatever hot-button "card" is needed is available to distract the people from the important issues. And it works SO WELL!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join