It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Illegal Aliens really deserve this much attention?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

There was a woman and her little girl coming from a dance glass that ended up dead because of an illegal, a little boy who was run over by a drunken illegal who had been arrested a number of times previously. These are just a few incidents. These things matter deeply to me because pro illegal people dismiss these things as though those lives never mattered, as though the illegal person who breaks laws are more important. It makes me sick inside. It breaks my heart that we are forced to put up with these things that never would have happened had our laws been enforced.

As many horror stories you tell of illegals, I am surprised that you don't mention that Americans are capable and do the same thing day in and day out. Being illegal doesn't make a person drive drunk or commit a crime.

Lives do matter, but a crime is a crime no matter who committs it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by ToToo

It is true there are plenty of illegal aliens who are "free riding" off the system. Many illegal aliens pay taxes in the form of sales taxes and even income taxes. I used to be a volunteer tax preparer and prepared illegal aliens income tax returns. Many of them had portions of their salary withheld by their employers.

Agreed. BUT, I spent 10 years as a paid tax preparer and had to help many American citizens whose social security numbers had already been used to file a return 8 states away. Not to mention all the childrens' social security numbers that turned up as already filed.

There's only 3 ways to get a social security number as an illegal alien so you can work. #1 Buy a fake one, #2 Make up a fake one, #3 steal someone else's.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

There was a woman and her little girl coming from a dance glass that ended up dead because of an illegal, a little boy who was run over by a drunken illegal who had been arrested a number of times previously. These are just a few incidents. These things matter deeply to me because pro illegal people dismiss these things as though those lives never mattered, as though the illegal person who breaks laws are more important. It makes me sick inside. It breaks my heart that we are forced to put up with these things that never would have happened had our laws been enforced.

As many horror stories you tell of illegals, I am surprised that you don't mention that Americans are capable and do the same thing day in and day out. Being illegal doesn't make a person drive drunk or commit a crime.

Of course Americans do the same thing, but that doesn't mean we can't prevent more people from commiting crimes. All the crimes commited by illegals could have been prevented. Many of the crimes commited by illegals were repeat offenders, some of who were deported and came right back again. We need to enforce laws.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Well anybody could be a victim of a crime committed by members of a particular group. If I were abused as a child by an Irish pedophile,

OK.

We'll check back with you when irish pedophiles start to make the news.

Meanwhile ...

Crimes by illegal immigrants ARE making the news. The State Controlled Media (SCM not MSM) is under-reporting these crimes out of deference to obama and the dems (like you?), but you can see them reported in local news around the country.

To the OP:

Why is this an issue?

Besides the illegals caused crime wave, state and local governments are going broke and can't afford to support these people any more and there are real citizens that need to be taken care of.

Now for all of you supporting illegal immigration, I'll ask a question that none of you seems to have the cojones to answer. Exactly why do you support it?

Stop telling all of us that enforcing federal and state laws is bad, and start telling us why YOU support people whose first official act in this country is to break the law - and for too many it seems, to keep breaking the law.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I've never felt that Illegals are "enemy number #1". But as a WHOLE, as a Demographic itself, you bet your *snip* they deserve the attention.

Hundreds of Billions siphoned from our economy, loss of services locally, complete change in culture in some states, REAL risks from border insecurity, and everything else that goes with it.

Add it all up.

I personally think Bankers, Politicians, and Mega Corporations are at the top, but I'll take Illegal Immigration in the top 5. Try and live in a border state, your priorities change as it affects you directly.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Now for all of you supporting illegal immigration, I'll ask a question that none of you seems to have the cojones to answer. Exactly why do you support it?

It's not about not having the cojones, it's about not having a grasp of reality in which wages are undermined by influx of cheap labor and social services are going broke. It's about total complacency in face of the obvious and sitting on a moral high horse saying that poor immigrants deserve their share of the American pie, and why not.

One visit to Social Security office is worth a thousand words.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

ILLEGALS have NOT contributed

As an illegal alien for over 25 years, I beg to differ.

It's a scam, people. Illegal aliens are the most popular bogeyman right now, but there have been others in the history of all goverments, it's a way for them to divert your attention. X-Factor has worked for a vast majority, but there are still a few hold outs, and now, some people can't afford cable anymore...and God forbid you can't watch your favorite shows...yes..best thing to do for any governement in peril of their people having had enough, is to divert their attention.

Judging from ATS lately, the plan has once again worked.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Merigold]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I support a fair immigration policy. Your current policy favours immigrants who can PAY. What chance does a poor person from mexico, who lost their ability tomake a living when AMERICAN companies began flooding the country with CHEAP agriculture pushed htme out of a job?

Meh but you don't care, it's all about ME ME ME. My money, my guns my freedom...

So yeah I support illegal immigration, because if some poor person wants a piece of the proverbial American dream, he has no choice but to steal it.

Or alternatively he could become really good at football, or singing...and then he'll be welcome with open arms.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

ILLEGALS have NOT contributed

As an illegal alien for over 25 years, I beg to differ.

It's a scam, people. Illegal aliens are the most popular bogeyman right now, but there have been others in the history of all goverments, it's a way for them to divert your attention. X-Factor has worked for a vast majority, but there are still a few hold outs, and now, some people can't afford cable anymore...and God forbid you can't watch your favorite shows...yes..best thing to do for any governement in peril of their people having had enough, is to divert their attention.

Judging from ATS lately, the plan has once again worked.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Merigold]

Yeah, I've been a bank robber for years, and like Robin Hood I steal from the rich and give to the poor.

Hey LOOK, I've contributed!!!! I rock!!!

It's not a "fad" discussion, It's people's collective growing anger at Illegal Immigration, which is under the surface of MANY Americans, especially in border states. It's always been there, but the Arizona law has rallied people to EXPRESS what they truly feel more.

But assuming you're located in the UK, you feel you can tell us "what's important to Americans".

And the real "distraction" is the people that keep parroting the meme that it's a DISTRACTION.

It's relevant. Just like wars for profit, BP Oil spill, Bankers, corruption, taxation, economy, jobs.

Don't pretend that Illegal Immigration here in the states is some 'wedge issue'. I know you would like it to be so since you're "one of them", but it won't work.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I support a fair immigration policy. Your current policy favours immigrants who can PAY. What chance does a poor person from mexico, who lost their ability tomake a living when AMERICAN companies began flooding the country with CHEAP agriculture pushed htme out of a job?

Sheesh, that's some rubbish argument. So it's the fault of the US govt that the Mexico in a rotten shape? Come on now, how about Mexicans taking responsibility for Mexico. Leave the free trade agreements (although I doubt that a squash grown in Mexico is more expensive that an American one, to start with). I routinely see produce from Chile in Mexico in local groceries. What a crock.

It's not up to the US to solve the economic problems of Mexico, and vice versa. Just stay the hell away.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It's not up to the US to solve the economic problems of Mexico

No issues with the US "solving" the problems of everyone else though are there..

Look, I get it, times are tough, no doubt there IS an economic impact, especially on the border states.

The only reason I post on these threads, and I swear everytime it will be my last time, is to remind people a little bit that there are people behind all the statistcs thrown around. Maybe to dispell some of the propaganda that is spewed so effectively on this issue.

BTW: I do live in the UK, but I'm not British, I've been here for almost five years now, I moved here, ironically because I missed the country I had lived in since a toddler, and this was the closest I could get without getting arrested.

The US has the right to make her own laws regarding who she wants to come in to her country. And she has. I just find it disconcerting that a large portion of people who are the loudest on these forums about immigration don't think there is anything wrong with excluding the poor ( you know, the ones who are invited by that famous poem in New York) and down trodden to their shores.

I just don't get it, how people can be so selfish, and down right mean. All in the name of Freedom...

I grew up in the deep south, granted it's been over five years since I was deported, but I don't remeber people being like this...WHAT HAPPENED?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It's not up to the US to solve the economic problems of Mexico

No issues with the US "solving" the problems of everyone else though are there..

That's some twisted logic. Are you saying that US deserves to be brought down by illegal immigration?

The US has the right to make her own laws regarding who she wants to come in to her country. And she has. I just find it disconcerting that a large portion of people who are the loudest on these forums about immigration don't think there is anything wrong with excluding the poor ( you know, the ones who are invited by that famous poem in New York) and down trodden to their shores.

Poor people already dominate the masses that come to the US, legally or not. You are misguided. And frankly, the US doesn't meed any more unskilled labor. At this point, the US can't be the safety net for the rest of the world.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Go to this website:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
immigrationcounters.com...

"ImmigrationCounters.com informs the public of the realities of illegal immigration while challenging the myths and misinformation surrounding it. After decades of passively watching this problem grow, Americans are now more aware of the severity of this issue. Our government has demonstrated a complete lack of urgency to control illegal immigration both on the borders and within the interior."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and you will get a clue.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Any sensible person knows that there are costs and drawbacks to having illegal aliens in America. For example, while many illegal aliens are good, honest, hard working people; some are not. While many illegal aliens take jobs Americans would not do, some take jobs away from American workers.

This being said, do illegal aliens really deserve the negative publicity they are getting? Does this negative attention in the media stem from a genuine perception illegal aliens are a root of deep social problems or is it just scapegoating? Can anybody tell me how and why illegal aliens are the most hated or should be the most hated group in America?

I can think of many groups of people who have caused more problems in our society than illegal immigrants, yet nobody is calling for their heads on a plate. Nobody is calling to punish real estate speculators, bankers selling junk securities, or people who bought houses they knew or should have known they could not afford. Hell, as a lawyer I have to say that certain members of my profession have cost more Americans jobs than illegal immigrants have.

So tell me, why are illegal aliens public enemy #1.

Having said that and that being said! The reason is the fight for the "Table scraps of the 20th century" And that being said, Having said that People are now feeling the loss of jobs, money and when average Americans have to get up off the lazy-boys someone's going to get an ass kicking! they can't pay the Gardner or buy the oranges or peanuts, they start to think "Hay whats up with all the BROWN people hanging around?" "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!"

Having said that and that being said! "When we push all the BROWN people back over da border, we can go back and sit down again!" Well after all the crap starts to hit the fan with fighting in the streets.

Will see that it wasn't the BROWN people at all? It was the bankers and the large black trucks taking all the money back to the banks that did it.

Having said that and that being said! Oh wait? forget I keep typing Having said that and that being said! because it's just crap people use for some reason? because of some TV show judge?..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Are you saying that US deserves to be brought down by illegal immigration?

No. I'm saying exactly what I said. The US "solves" problems all over the world, as long as there is some financial pay off.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I don't care about the numbers, it's the attitudes and the lack of common humanity that worries me.

But what do I know..I'm just a commie lovin' liberal foreigner.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Crime happens. American citizens commit crimes, just like illegals do.
The difference is that if the law was enforced in the first place, the crimes committed by illegals wouldn't have happened. They ignored our immigration policy and broke the law.

But my biggest problem is with illegals that commit crimes, then get released back into the country they are illegally in. I don't think anybody can reasonably argue that.

My thoughts:

First, SECURE THE BORDER! Currently, it's not working. Militarize it, turn it into ordinance training, whatever.

Second, make sure any illegal that commits a crime is deported.

Third, I wouldn't have a problem developing a process with illegals currently in the country who are contributing to become citizens. Not straight amnesty, but a process.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

It is about numbers, and that is exactly what pro-illegal immigration
supporters do not, or choose to not understand.

The impacts of illegal immigration on America today are staggering.
Do you really think that it would be such a big deal with us if America
had for example less than 500,000 illegals? The answer is no.

We are a nation dealing with a massive number of problems, and the
high numbers of illegals are only compounding same; and yes that effects people's attitudes, and tolerance levels. It is no different than in the animal kingdom in one aspect, and that is competition for
available resources; when things are scarce, such as jobs, I think it is natural for persons who don't have one to look for reasons why that is true. And if you look at those numbers as posted on the website
immigrationcounters.com... it indicates that 11,622,032 skilled
jobs have been provided to illegal aliens. Despite rumors to the contrary, illegal aliens are not merely poor farmers who work in the fields. They are heavily in construction,and in the hospitality businesses such as restaurants, hotels, and motels, and are taking away skilled jobs from Americans, thus causing resentment.

If you want to try and understand more how illegal immigration impacts American society, including impacts on jobs, economic costs, diseases,
terrorism, sex crimes, property crimes, gangs, traffic accidents, cultural differences and education, go to a website here:

www.usillegalaliens.com...

In order to understand people's behaviors, you need to assess motivations/reasons behind same.

Until our federal government makes a concerted effort to truly deal with the problem, in ways that effect a positive change in our society, a part of which is analyzing the impacts of illegal immigration, and then minimizing those problems, this situation is only going to get worse.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Two years ago we thought my mother was having a stroke. We got to the ER, it was a 7 hour wait. They announced the 7 hour wait and offered food to the people waiting in the lobby.

All of a sudden, half the people walked out. About 90% Latin.

The wait dropped to 3 hours.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Two years ago we thought my mother was having a stroke. We got to the ER, it was a 7 hour wait. They announced the 7 hour wait and offered food to the people waiting in the lobby.

All of a sudden, half the people walked out. About 90% Latin.

The wait dropped to 3 hours.

Sadly, this is not the first post of this kind, on the hospital situation and how immigration is eating away at services.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join