It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would A US Collapse Ultimately Be In The People's Best Interests?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homoousia316
It is very easy ... thanks to the government), where you can buy FDA-approved foods that must pass safety regulations. ...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Homoousia316]

FDA safety regulation? What a joke...I refer you to the Ketek story, among others. Granted they have an impossible task, FDA should be done away with. FDA regulations lead to nothing but paper trails, this from someone who has worked in food and drug industry.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Aye man but look, wars have been fueld since the dawn of man, irrespective of cause thats been a reality of man for....ever basicaly. Its not a new thing, World War One for example, mind bendering apocolyptic crazyness. If we had the internet back then, me and you were talking in 1916 while this was raging we would basicaly be saying it is the end of days, this is what we had been waiting for, reading between the lines off mainstream media and social trends and it has finaly happend. Yet, that ultimate nightmare hell scenario past, and here we are.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Theres a reason the Euro is crashing, and thats because of merkels new laws concerning short selling.

Merkel's ban on naked short selling is one of the few sane prescriptions in all this economic insanity. You do realize what naked short selling represents right? It represents the ability for very large shadow investors to sell currencies, bonds, stocks, etc. that they do not own, to drive the price down on the real currencies, bonds, stocks, etc. that other people own...and then profit from the collapse. Its the essential tool of market manipulation, conducted by the large hedge funds. That is exactly how Bears Stearns and Lehman Bros were reduced to rubble over the course of a few days. For more information and a full explanation of naked short selling and its impact on recent events see deepcapture.com.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This may be a possible solution.
Any thoughts?
Watch the video clips. Listen to what he has to say about what they are doing in Alaska.
www.lincolncountywatch.org...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Its ok Brian E.Cox i found your book. And if i buy it and decide its just an insane mish mash of psuedo religious interpretation and flimsy historical research with some new age slant im going to be very very dissapointed in you.

Btw, sci-fi is not the best (or most authoritative) source to learn about cycles of time

I dissagree completely im affraid, ive found that sci fi writers and fantasy writers[good ones anyway] are extremely concise with how they deal with the nature of history, time and where it may go. More often than not they happen to be extremely well read individuals who spend a great deal of time on there research.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Angiras

i found your book. And if i buy it and decide its just an insane mish mash of psuedo religious interpretation and flimsy historical research with some new age slant im going to be very very dissapointed in you.

I could care less to be honest. I am about to go off the grid, and for all effective purposes disappear. I wont be posting here or anywhere else within a few days, no internet, no phone, no nothing. So you can buy 10,000 of my books, and I will never see a dime of it. Its time to circle the wagons and take shelter. The storm clouds are coming.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Angiras]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

uh huh, never said i agreed with short selling. I could pretend i agree with it for the sake of your post though???

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

If you have ever been harmed by an FDA-approved food, I recommend that you seek recourse from one of the government's courts- which dole out millions of dollars to legitimate suits of this sort every year.

The fact that, of the trillions of edible products certified every year in the States you can provide less than a half-dozen problems indicates that the system is working STAGGERINGLY well.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Not the greatest sales pitch in the world but it does make me think your having a DIY attempt on capitalising on this new age 2012 bandwagon. Do what you gotta though buddy, all got bills to pay.

Though you might find this interesting it happend to be Proffesor Brian Cox on the BBC ranting about 2012. Hope it helps your research, or sales, whatever.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Johnze]

woops forgot the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homoousia316

If you have ever been harmed by an FDA-approved food, I recommend that you seek recourse from one of the government's courts- which dole out millions of dollars to legitimate suits of this sort every year.

The fact that, of the trillions of edible products certified every year in the States you can provide less than a half-dozen problems indicates that the system is working STAGGERINGLY well.

If I'm harmed by something I eat I will take responsibility unless someone forcibly fed me (I made the choice).

Your second line seems to indicate the FDA certifies food to make it safe...so unless 'certified, or approved', fresh foods and such wouldn't be safe? What did people eat before the FDA? Don't legitimize the FDA for things they don't do.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Aye man but look, wars have been fueld since the dawn of man, irrespective of cause thats been a reality of man for....ever basicaly. Its not a new thing, World War One for example, mind bendering apocolyptic crazyness. If we had the internet back then, me and you were talking in 1916 while this was raging we would basicaly be saying it is the end of days, this is what we had been waiting for, reading between the lines off mainstream media and social trends and it has finaly happend. Yet, that ultimate nightmare hell scenario past, and here we are.

We didn't have nukes in 1916. We didn't have them by 1941, we had them and used then in late 1945. Since then the prospect of serious, if not total destruction dwarfing all previous conflict is higher than at any other time in history.

This is an important distinction to make. The frailty of the global economy and the shell game everyone is playing with fiat currency is destroying us, The EU, and much of Asia. The middle east is important to all parties, not because of religion, but because of resources, ones we lack the capacity, among others, to exploit on our own.

There will be war. And if you think that this next war will be another blip in history, you have another thing coming.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Of course many foods were safe before the FDA. Don't be silly. Nothing in your comment is germane to the point I was making, but while you're here, tell me- would you be happier if there WEREN'T both of the following:
1. Safety regulations for food.
2. Courts by which you could get restitution if the regulations entailed by 1. did not exist.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think a collapse and a complete citizen take over is best. People think they cannot survive without their publix's, their over exaggerated sugar intakes, they know nothing about farming, planting their own food. I strongly believe we should careless about other countries right now, and focus on ruling out the trash within congress and remove the FEDS completely. We need a RESET, but we DO NOT NEED A NEW WORLD ORDER, I repeat, we do not need a new world order.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

My point is, we have survived what was basicaly the most horrific industrial slaughter ever contrived by humanity and that was almost a centuary ago. Regardless of out future technologies and ever increasing ability to wipe ourselves out, which is only natural as technology advances. You are leaping from a spate of market trouble to armageddon. Id like to know what your basing this on.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Homoousia316

I worked for 3 years in a food processing factory, trust me, those 'safety regulations' your touting entail nothing more than dating and initialing papers that are never verified (actually they CAN'T be verified except by asking the person that initialed, and information is usually falsified, or "fudged" to prevent more paper work and such). The papers go to a box and they are destroyed after collecting dust for a few years.

As for (2), I wouldn't sue a company if I chose to eat their product, I just wouldn't eat it again, if I lived or died.

So yes, I would be happier, because there would be less of my money supporting the federal government.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Oh, brother. It's very easy to say that BEFORE a tainted product gives you a fatal disease. You seem very angry, so I think I'll just let it go at that, but just remember that the government sometimes actually is on your side. Why? Because they want you to vote for them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

In my experience things are as complicated as the intellect used to perceived the situation... or an inverse of that... or something...

Defend yourself? Sure no dramas... go ahead and do that by all means - but as someone with a degree in commerce and finance I can honestly say the world aint ending... the mexicans arent trying to take over.... the PTB do want your servitude, and in fact you actually have to earn freedom first (you arent born free - well not truly... actually fair enough you are but that ends quickly)..

Dont preach to me about the coming storm... only the ignorant think its coming. Truth is its been happening for thousands of years.

Dave

**edit to fix baad speelin

[edit on 19-5-2010 by daptodave]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Spate of market trouble?

Paul Volcker was in London a few days ago warning of the collapse of the euro and you call that a spate of market trouble?

That's called destabilization. Not market trouble. It is a destabilization of entire countries and it is happening at a global scale. Volcker is not the only economist out there saying this. Nearly every reputable economic mind is warning people that something big is coming down that pipe and that it would be best to not be standing under it.

Either way, it isn't the collapse itself we should be worried about. It is what we do afterward, the effort we put forth for future generations, that matters. It will be what defines us in history.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by daptodave

Never said anything about the end, only the potential.
I believe we all have choices to make over the next few years, and they will be hard ones.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I believe we all have choices to make over the next few years, and they will be hard ones.

And I think this best explains the point of the thread. That we will have to face a hard choice of keeping the system that is place and place upon it yet another fix. Or scrap it and go on to what may be a better solution even if it means dealing with the uncertainty.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join