It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Through history their have been many great Military leaders and strategist. For instance The Art of War by Sun Tzu is still very popular and used for many other fields. Attila the Hun is also influential in military leadership. Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, so on.
Who to you is a great military leader and revolutionary? Give your views on military knowledge.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I'm referring to leadership in military structures, battlefield techniques, and many other great military strategies.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

great military leader and revolutionary

Since others will be quick to mention the Rommel's and Sun Tzu's of history, let me mention Shaka Zulu.

From the reading I've done, I would describe him as a man who grew up surrounded by a highly ritualized tradition of combat, and simply asked himself "What is the fastest and most efficient means of killing and subjugating as many as possible?"

And did that instead.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I like Jesus's strategy. He was born a King of the Davidic realm. His subjects and land was occupied by the Roman empire. He seing that there was no possibility of overcoming the Romans by force determined to overcome them by religion. After all he was a King an Priest by birth. He was a priest by the Melchilzadec order. One of the few priest kings. His goal was to sew the seeds of mankind's freedom of all rulers. Love each other and ignore the government that be.

If the world of the middle class/ lower classes just stopped working for 30 days. The empire that enslaves them will collapse and we can rebuild.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Jews don't believe Jesus was apart of the Davidic realm. Jesus is way different today then when he was in the past. Not getting on your bad side. Jesus is a very confusing person and frankly I believe he was more of a prophet.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Mohatma Ghandi: Loosened the imperialist British grip around the neck of India without raising a hand in anger.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Extreme Pilgrim]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Kind of wide open question but I have a few favorites.
Favorite strategists - Hannibal, Scipio Africanus, W T Sherman, Bedford Forrest, geronimo, Heinz Guderian.

new topics

top topics

join