It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatal shooting reported outside MacDill AFB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Fatal shooting reported outside MacDill AFB

www.fox4now.com

Tampa Fire Rescue has responded to a fatal shooting at an entrance gate to MacDill Air Force Base.

Officials say rescuers were called to the gate outside of the base at 6:47 p.m. on Wednesday.

Officials say one victim is dead. Tampa Police and MacDill base security are investigating.

MacDill is located south of downtown Tampa. It is home to U.S. Central Command, which oversees military operations in the Middle East and Central Asia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is just breaking...

A possible terrorist attack?

From a personnal grudge against someone inside the base?

From an anti-war nut?

From a muslim?

False-flag? What will it be? Hopefully no one else dies and hopefully the one that died is the shooter.

The base is on lockdown...

What's going on people? People need to take their meds.

www.fox4now.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I can never see the motive besides trying to keep fear alive. Intentional or not.

I am guessing either personal, or random but targeted towards that building.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I live 15 minutes from there and I can tell you that, that gate at Macdill is always getting "Ran" through. People try punching through it and then the Military police chase them and then that same idiot thinks he'll get into a fire fight with them.. One of the Macdill entrances looks like a regular appartment entrance and people think they can blow off those appt. guards... Every moron in the Country thinks he can leave his state and his problems behind for a fresh start here in sunny Florida. What ends up happening 99% of the time is these same people just start New problems and end up in or Jail systems

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm there a lot, although I'm not there at the moment.

I bet this slows down getting in and out for a while. Yeah, you really don't want to try running the MacDill gates, they get frisky about that.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, let me say it for the MSM. It's probably a middle aged white man who is a tea partier/militia member.

Now, let's find out who really did it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
These usually end badly for the perpetrator. There was that overflight by the Charles Bishop kid a few years back that ended up with him flying into the 28th floor of the BOA building.

www.sptimes.com...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Well, let me say it for the MSM. It's probably a middle aged white man who is a tea partier/militia member.

Of course!!

But seriously, it seems like these type of events are happening more and more.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm hearing now that someone tried to drive through the gates and was shot.

Also the last update seems to be at around 8pm est with the promise of more info in an hour.. which has long since past.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just heard an update on the local news.

The guy has not been ID'ed yet. He was on base in a "family camping area". He got in a fight and had a knife. Security arrived, but he jumped on a motorcycle and took off.

He took off for the gate and the base went on lockdown. He got off his bike at the front gate (with his knife) and started for an FBI agent who was there - the agent shot him.

That's the story I just heard on the 11pm local news out of Tampa

...edit - that was quick .. now its online..

Motorcyclist shot at MacDill

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Frogs]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
www.startribune.com...

TAMPA, Fla. - An Army veteran who sped away from MacDill Air Force Base security on a motorcycle was fatally shot Wednesday by an FBI agent after the man threatened him with a knife, officials said.

At about 6 p.m., base security was called to an altercation, which wasn't described, at a camping area inside the base, said Col. Larry Martin, the base commander.

The veteran who was described as a guest at the camping area was arguing with another person, but officials wouldn't name either.

"We don't have a lot of details about what went on in that altercation," Martin said.

The veteran sped away on his motorcycle and security tried to stop him, Martin said.

He evaded authorities and drove to the Dale Mabry Gate, one of the main entrances and exits to the base. Law enforcement tried to stop him and the man got off his motorcycle. He came "directly at" the agent with a knife, said FBI special agent Dave Couvertier. The agent shot more than once, killing the veteran, Couvertier said.

"This individual who was shot, approached law enforcement officers, specifically looking at agent and threatening him with a knife," Coubertier said.

Officials said the agent is a liaison officer to the base and was assisting MacDill officers.

Sounds like a typical domestic violence situation that ended badly. Domestic violence is the most dangerous type of calls that law enforcement have to deal with, so not really any conspiracy here other then it happened on MacDill’s property.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am just not surprised, though for the shooter, it is about 3 pages of paperwork and a bit of a debriefing. I do know that on all US military bases, they have stated the following: 1) All personel who enter onto the base are subject to searches and seizures. 2) Use of Deadly force is authroized. The more secure the location of post, the more likely someone will get shot.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Sounds like a typical domestic violence situation that ended badly. Domestic violence is the most dangerous type of calls that law enforcement have to deal with, so not really any conspiracy here other then it happened on MacDill’s property.

I was just going to say Most likely Domestic violence. He probably went eyeball to eyeball with his EXs new bo. See this kind of stuff happens all the time. Simply becuase everybody is a FEAR oriented first thought...

Terrorism!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molan27
I live 15 minutes from there and I can tell you that, that gate at Macdill is always getting "Ran" through. People try punching through it and then the Military police chase them and then that same idiot thinks he'll get into a fire fight with them.. One of the Macdill entrances looks like a regular appartment entrance and people think they can blow off those appt. guards... Every moron in the Country thinks he can leave his state and his problems behind for a fresh start here in sunny Florida. What ends up happening 99% of the time is these same people just start New problems and end up in or Jail systems

I lived in Tampa/St Pete for 15 years.
yes things do go down at maDill all the time.. usually a local problem, not terroristic activity.

As for the " Every Moron in the country comment..."
Broken Florida uses increased police statistics to generate a larger LEO budget.
They do this by preying on tourists and vacationers.
Tampa- Hillsborough county has the #1SWAT tactical response team in the USA....lol TAMPA FLORIDA!
Easy when you have a superior budget

" Florida: Come on vacation..leave on probation"
This is why I Left.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Bad Ninja]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I was just going to say Most likely Domestic violence. He probably went eyeball to eyeball with his EXs new bo. See this kind of stuff happens all the time. Simply becuase everybody is a FEAR oriented first thought...

Terrorism!

Bahaha I read "Ex's new boo" and I was thinking "OMG Slayer done gone all ghetto on me"!

Anyway, likely the guy was just fighting with someone and his rage spilled over. Why is it every little thing get's blown up into something huge these days? Geez, I remember three years ago I was staying over with my friend. Woke up to my friend going "ANTONIA GET UP", so i go to the kitchen where she is screaming and look out the window. There was a guy walking around with a machine gun, just walking like he was on patrol. Didn't hear a word about that outside of the base.

Guys, lots of crazy stuff goes down on military bases, most of it you won't hear about. After deployment the MP's have to hit the streets hard because there are so many domestic calls. You also have to watch out when you are driving because it takes a lot of the soldiers a minute to realize they are driving on roads with actual rules. Accidents go way up when they get back.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

"We don't have a lot of details about what went on in that altercation,"

He was probably arguing with another individual over all the chem-trails over the base, being that he was a guest, he was probably arguing with an active member of the USAF stationed on the base who was vehemently trying to convince the guy they were just contrails & the guy just flipped out and said well I'm not staying here any longer breathing in this toxic air over this base, and if anyone tries to stop me....as he sped off on his bike towards the gate.

Those darn chem-trail'ers are so passionate.

[edit on 5/20/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Gee it wasn't reported that it was a middle-aged white guy who belongs to the tea party. You must be really disappointed that your view of the MSM is wrong.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I just spoke with my father who used to be stationed at MacDill before his retirement.

Turns out my dad actually knew the guy and says he had a history of mental problems and wasn't on his medication at the time of the incident.

(for what it's worth...)

*two cents*

new topics

top topics

join