It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia vs USA? And We're Not Talking Hockey...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

best sometimes to bite ones tounge then to have the other party cut it off

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well first off...

The world does NOT want to see that one go down. Trust me there will be a lot of deaths and not just Russians or Americans. There would be plenty of battle fields between them and we are not talking Moscow or Kansas.

I wont even discuss the possible winners! Because in that war there would be none. Russia is in a pickle their population is dwindling. Couple that with a massive Heroin epidemic, they are going to be if not all already hurting. Sure the last Mayday parade was nice. Nice shiny weapons and a good air display. I enjoyed it. But Russian forces are for defense only at this point in time. The US would not have the stomach for a large scrap [on the scale of WWII] unless it absolutely had to and it doesn't have to.

The ME will implode long before Russia IMO. I say the rest of the world should let them have at it. I don't think anymore US soldiers or Russians, EU or Chinese soldiers should be involved. I say let them kill each-other all they want. Then when it's all over the UN moves in and we clean up the mess.

I personally would like to see the US pull out of NATO and bring our boys home. HELL! BRING ALL our boys home. Screw being thought of as the worlds police. It aint worth it. It ruins our reputation. We have our treasure killed or maimed and in the end what do we get?

We get called the evil empire Zionist stooges.

SCREW THAT!

PEACE
Slay

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Plan2exist18

Russia is going to collapse soon. Putin is the only thing holding it together. Russia can't possibly fight a war with a superpower, let alone finance an external war.

Hmm, that was a bold statement. That statement had blatant fallacies.

Russia 'is' a superpower, we are closer to collapse than Russia.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree, a war now would include US, Russia, Israel, Pakistan, Syria, Gaza, Lebanon, NKorea, SKorea, Iran, China, Japan, Turkey...list goes on.

But what you need to ask yourself, which is what this thread is about, at what point do we need to take a step in the direction of ending all this nonsense? Unfortunately we are at the point where sacrifice will be necesary to achieve what we ultimately want...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I agree, just look at the titles.

Russia SELLS Syria weapons.
US GIVES Israel weapons.

USA will implode financialy trying to fight its own wars (well sorta its own)
and financing Israel and others along with all the OS bases.

Russia looks after Russia.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
u.s.a will never die.
just multiply.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Much more interesting will be the US government, (which has not won a single war against anyone anywhere for sixty years), versus the American civilian people.

Will the mighty US military with all the technology totally crush all the psychopathic gun nuts living in suburban America ?

Or will beer belly Fred, with his pop gun, totally annihilate the entire US military all by himself ?

All those FEMA concentration camps were not built to hold Russians or Chinese.
Think about it.............

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
What that means in the present is Russia is trying to build an insurance policy, through things like the SCO and the CIS. Keep the Arabs, Persians and other Muslims all focused on Israel and the US. Russia knows if Israel and the US ever disappear out the picture, the Arabs, Turks, and Persians will quickly look north and Russia doesn't want that at all. Chechnya is only a taste of the future.

i was laughing my ass off at this point in your reply, one of the most heavily armed country with enough nukes to nuke the world several times is really going to be fearfull of the palestinians and the Arabs and the Turks and persions and the Muslims

really need to ask why would they be looking north, is this like Israels idea of grand israel, the Arabs and persions have an Idea of Greater country?

i would more be on the point being worried about china who has massed more arms and so on then the entire middle east combined.

the sheer size of china and population and so forth and the need for resources.

intresting prospective.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

The Chinese have their eyes set north too, but on Siberia. China has some stability issues though that will have to be addressed by the time Russia weakens from its population implosion. If China is not careful it will find itself imploding with India and Japan rushing in to grab the pieces.

Most of Russia's dwindling population is west of the Urals though, which is the part the nations in the Middle East would go after.

People tend to forget that at one time Turkey controlled the Balkans and land on the northern side of the Black Sea. Persia controlled the Caucasus. This all changed in the 1800s with the expansion of the Russian empire.

All three groups, Persians, Arabs, and Turks, all have Greater empire concepts. Not united though, before they turn north one of them will end up dominating the others. My money is on the Turks.

I would not be surprised to see Russia launch nukes in the event of such an invasion, but by the time it happens anti missile systems will have rendered the threat of Russian ballistic missiles kaput. Thats if the missiles even launch or the warheads arm.

Keep in mind this isn't going to happen anytime soon. Russia is still quite powerful at the moment, but 30 to 40 years from now is a whole different story. The Soviet generation that Putin is part of will be feeble or dead. A new post Soviet generation will be running the country, while the world is suffering from the effects of financial and economic ruin. It will be a very different world than the one we live in now.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by buddhasystem

best sometimes to bite ones tounge then to have the other party cut it off

No, that's not how it reads in Russian. It's probably some automated translation, because the phrase is really broken and the second part doesn't make sense whatsoever. "Резкость стали?" Please...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When you get to the stage Russia or America in the nuclear department a war will never, never happen. Any talk of it is nationalistic, testosterone fueled chest thumping nonsense. Conventional warfare wise Russia is a mess, they still have great scientists though and can keep up with the best tech wise. Russia's economy is not doing so well, their overall society is not doing great either. I do think in the coming decades they will recover from the position they are in now though, a much stronger country i might add. They have learned more than a few lessons over the past few decades.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join