It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Mayor Dismisses Warning That Arizona Could Cut Off Power Over Boycott

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
An interesting poll on MSNBC...

Should Arizona have the right to pull the plug on L.A. if the city goes through its boycott?

What about YES?

Oh I bet Contessa Brewer is just outrages about THAT poll.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Should Arizona have the right to pull the plug on L.A. if the city goes through its boycott?

What about YES?

The LA Times had a similar poll with 96% saying they did not support LA's boycott of Arizona:

opinion.latimes.com...

No. The city should mind its own business. 91% (35,548 votes)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
This stinks. The MSM is playing one side against the other...

Don't drink the Cool-Aid.

"...vehemently denies." ?

Somebody is stirring up the brew for our amusement and diversion.

Mid-term elections are near and this is a perfect topic for sound-bytes.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Although I support Arizona, I do believe this "controversy" has gotten well out of hand. Non-residents should butt out of AZ's business. Let the courts decide the constitutionality of AZ's actions if needed. End of subject.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I find it amusing that those supporting this law are the very same people who cry about the PATRIOT Act and other civil liberties violations. I don't know how you can't see that this is the baby step toward eroding your 4th amendment rights, as well as re-energizing the push toward REAL ID.

I hope more people boycott Arizona. I, for one, am. This law is just a New World Order tool.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It is going to be absolutely hilarious when California deploys their National Guard to invade Arizona and forcibly take control of the power supply to restore their state's electricity. Will be even funnier when Arizona deploys their national guard to retake the power station.

I personally do not support illegal immigration but I also do not agree with Arizona's approach to it. If they *really* wanted to stop illegal immigration they would go after the businesses that actually hire these individuals. Funny how the businesses and corporate elite tend to avoid any sort of responsibility and instead are masters at crafting the media to direct it towards the poor souls that literally risk their lives for mediocre jobs in order to save their families and provide for them some chance of a better life.

I suppose it is easier to harass those that do not have the means to defend themselves instead of the rich elite who would be able to crush such moves against them.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What about YES?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9a25975322b.jpg[/atsimg]

That is an astounding majority as of May 20, 2010 8:38 AM CST.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
This uis getting typically out of hand bucolically speaking.....sic
is this what americans do best.quibble qith each other over stupid side issues caused by shear ignorance and fed by egoic self aggrandisement?
Sounds like the typical baseball argument....with no ump to throw the bums out.....

Don't know where you live, but in Europe there are huge riots at SOCCER games. I remember people having been killed before, and hooligans roaming the streets. Compared to that, American baseball is extremely civil.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
As much as I support Arizona's stance against illegal immigration, I can't help but theorize conspiracies. I mean, it is almost too obvious that TPTB are using this minor state-on-state conflict to divide us. What's the most successful method of subduing an enemy? Divide and conquer. Divide your enemies to become enemies of each other, then you have no problem taking them out.

I'm afraid that TPTB are politely waiting for this to get more out of hand and use it for God knows what to bring about some awful agenda...

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Having lived in California , LA in particular, I can tell you that it all it literally takes to get a fake social security card and then apply for benefits is a drive or stroll through the right part of the city.

California like New York and New jersey are all union corrupt states, that would fail if they where left to their own devices.

I hope arizona does cut the power off that will give la a second thought about how dependent it is on others for its survival.

So if someone is working with a fake Social Security number, do you think they get a tax refund in the Spring? They're probably paying more into the system than you.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just stop making illegal immigration a beneficial reward for these people...

How many people illegally immigrate to China, or Iran......

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
A move by the Arizona Governor to cut off power to LA would likely wind her up in a Federal prison.

Yes, it would quickly become a Federal issue due to the "interstate commerce clause." Situations like this were one of the main reasons it was enacted.

No, actually it wouldn't.

Ffs, do some research before you attempt to pass blatant nonsense off as fact, sir.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicydking
So if someone is working with a fake Social Security number, do you think they get a tax refund in the Spring? They're probably paying more into the system than you.

You forget to mention the stuff they take out of the system. Like the food stamps they collect because of their anchor babies, the subsidized housing they are allowed to live in, look beyond what they pay in..look to what they take out. The latter is much more expensive.

Also for every job the are employed in, the American Citizen stays unemployed. This means the American Citizen now has to go on Food Stamps and also apply for Unemployment Benefits...it all stacks up.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yes, Arizona has every right to cut off power to Los Angeles.
In fact, I think they should flick the switch everytime Kobe takes a shot.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

They should do it every time Nash takes a shot, he is the one supporting this when he himself admitted to not reading the bill.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CheeseyMonkey
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great point about 80% of American people being behind Arizona. I think we 80% around the country should boycott California. I mean they give us plenty of reasons. Support of Illegal Immigration. Teachers saying the Amercian flag is insulting, Principals not letting kids where shirts with American flags on Cinco De Mayo, etc.

Do not turn this argument into a war between CA and AZ or the rest of us against AZ, or Hispanics vs whoever!!!!

This is a conflict that was started by the global elite who only wants to pit us against each other to distract us from the true enemy-the global elite.

Don't bite, it's bait.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by Alxandro

They should do it every time Nash takes a shot, he is the one supporting this when he himself admitted to not reading the bill.

Wait a sec, Arizona has the upper hand here, why would they shoot themselves in the the foot by sabotaging their shots, especially when they are down two.

I do get your point though.
While I am a fan of Steve Nash, I really believe he should just STFU and play.
Ironically, I'm not a big fan of Phil Jackson, but he does appear to be the only one with any common sense about this.
He gets it and I agree with what he's said, that basketball and politics should not be mixed.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Don't fear Arizona, 80% of the american people is behind you.

Radical republicans and their hilarious polls....80% of republicans that were asked backed it?

Or 80% of the 5 people that were asked, backed it?

Polls are genuinely corrupt from the get-go...and you hear that, verbatim, from these same republicans, when polls show that most Americans think the GOP is nothing but a bunch of bigoted old, out of date, white guys.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
great now every time la gets a power outage they r gonna call feds saying them rascist in az cut our power

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
great now every time la gets a power outage they r gonna call feds saying them rascist in az cut our power

*snort* That made me giggle

Okay here is my take on this.. If you are an NHRA fan we have seen this before..

Arizona and California are inching s-l-o-w-l-y to the double yellows waiting to see who red lines first. Nothing more than posturing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join