It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Mayor Dismisses Warning That Arizona Could Cut Off Power Over Boycott

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

L.A. Mayor Dismisses Warning That Arizona Could Cut Off Power Over Boycott

www.foxnews.com

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa on Wednesday defiantly rejected a warning by a top Arizona utilities official that the state could cut off power to Los Angeles should the city proceed with its boycott of all things Arizona.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+28 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Call his bluff.

Show them that you don't negociate with terrorists, aka illegal immigrants enablers aka California with their sanctuary cities.

Time to enforce the laws, otherwise it'll be as bad as Somalia...or MEXICO, a corrupt narco-terrorist state.

Make his day and call his bluff.

Don't fear Arizona, 80% of the american people is behind you.

The mayor of LA probably called Savage :

EDIT: Only the LA government buildings and the mayor house should have it's electricity cut off.

EDIT : Come to think of it, LA should cut itself from Arizonian energy... After all, who wants RACIST energy?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

+21 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great point about 80% of American people being behind Arizona. I think we 80% around the country should boycott California. I mean they give us plenty of reasons. Support of Illegal Immigration. Teachers saying the Amercian flag is insulting, Principals not letting kids where shirts with American flags on Cinco De Mayo, etc.

+11 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CheeseyMonkey

You forgot to add... Electing PELOSI... and REELECTING HER. And electing communist trash like Waxman and Feinstein.

Having sanctuary cities and electing a nazi admirer as their governor.

+10 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Having lived in California , LA in particular, I can tell you that it all it literally takes to get a fake social security card and then apply for benefits is a drive or stroll through the right part of the city.

California like New York and New jersey are all union corrupt states, that would fail if they where left to their own devices.

I hope arizona does cut the power off that will give la a second thought about how dependent it is on others for its survival.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
yah even im trying to boycott California...

...its kind of hard tho

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
A move by the Arizona Governor to cut off power to LA would likely wind her up in a Federal prison.

Yes, it would quickly become a Federal issue due to the "interstate commerce clause." Situations like this were one of the main reasons it was enacted.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

+12 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

wow 67,000+ votes and 86% said yes... i think its quite damn obvioius what americans want in this situation. illegals should all be deported. racist separatist pieces of trash like villaraigosa should be arrested for sedition and put on trial and groups like la raza should be dismantled and their leaders arrested for sedition as well...

+1 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

They got my yes vote.

Scew L.A. the CA government and anyone else supporting the illegal immigrants. If it were up to me not only would we deport every illegal but we would deport those who are supporting them by housing them, giving them jobs, or transporting them.

CA/L.A. will get none of my money if possible. All the money that would have been spent there is going to go to AZ and those hwo support them.

It is not a race issue it is a legal issue. Only those who have been detained for committing a crime will be asked for their “papers”. If you cannot prove you are who you are and that you are a citizen you should be sent packing to where ever you came from.

Raist

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Arizona has the support of a majority..

California has their heads in the clouds.

About time they get brought back down to earth..

GO ARIZONA YA!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Mr. Mayor of L.A.

Something tells me your city is going to soon look like this:

[edit on 19-5-2010 by manta78]

[edit on 19-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
yah even im trying to boycott California...

...its kind of hard tho

You could stop going to the movie theater, and tell others to do the same?
Or would that ruin one escape from your path?
No Escape. No Escape.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
A move by the Arizona Governor to cut off power to LA would likely wind her up in a Federal prison.

Yes, it would quickly become a Federal issue due to the "interstate commerce clause." Situations like this were one of the main reasons it was enacted.

clay2 baraka, How about the Palo Verde Nuke Plant in Tonopah Arizona run by APS.
They need unexplained maintenance too, RIGHT? I heard 65% of Palo Verdes electirc goes to southern Cal. Gee, remember Brown-Outs.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Well, since it is a free market AZ can choose to sell their power to whom they want. They can also elect to change rates to what they deem appropriate. If LA wants power, either they call off the political posturing or they can build their own power plants. Fairly simple really. If you read the letter from the AZ official, it's quite adult and supportive of free market and interstate commerce policies.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I support Arizona's utility companies 100%. Do it! Do it now and show those [snippity snips], who think they know better than everyone else, who is top dog in this case.

I applaud Arizona and hope they teach LA and the rest of CA a valuable lesson: Dont PO the very people supplying you power. It'd really suck if Hollywood goes dark, and the rest of LA. Take a guess at how much $$$ would be lost in LA alone!

Just do it and let the laughter begin! I'm grabbin some popcorn for this one!

[edit on 5/19/2010 by GenRadek]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In order to boycott California, it will take giving up more than just TV and movies. Better give up radio as most songs are produced and made in LA. Oh and the vast majority of everything you buy comes through ports in California. Computers, Playstations, X-Box, I think the WoW servers are in Cali, skateboards from China, well everything made in China, etc.

Happy boycotting.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

I very much doubt CA has the ability to build ANY new sources of electricty. Coal is bad, nuclear is bad. Its gonna be pretty funny watching thousands of wind generators being built on every scrap of land possible to make up for the lost power. I guess the Hollywood sign is going to have quite a lot of company soon.

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If L.A. is truly wanting to boycott Arizona, wouldn't they WANT to stop using Arizona electricity?

It sounds like they are only boycotting industries from Arizona that won't inconvenience them.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

It is simply political pandering by the LA mayor.

He wants to please the Hispanic/Latino community, he has to sound tough and make a lot of noise about Arizona's bill, if he wants to win reelection in the future.

I can almost see him talking tough in public and then behind the scenes asking his staff.... "Can they really turn the lights out?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join