It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN anchor: I'm quitting this ratings dumpster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

CNN anchor: I'm quitting this ratings dumpster

www.wnd.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07f178eacc2f.jpg[/atsimg]
Campbell Brown, CNN's news anchor at 8 p.m. Eastern Time, is quitting the cable network, and is making no secret as to the reason why: poor ratings.

In a statement filled with candor, Brown says, "I have also always marveled whenever a television anchor says that he or she pays no attention to ratings. I'm pretty sure the last time any anchor could honestly ignore ratings was well before I was born. Of course I pay attention to ratings. And simply put, the ratings for my program are not where I would like t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust at CNN. Can't say I am surprised with the recent plumeting of ratings since Obama took office.
They just can't seem to rip themselves away from the Obama Cool-aid.

Well, wonder who is next there to leave? I say Anderson Cooper. He'll probably jump over to CBS's 60 Minutes. They like him over there and they know he'll continue the lunacy going on there!

Well, good. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Oh, Ms. Brown. Maybe start by stop reading words they put in front of you that you don't agree with and start being a real reporter.

Someone who sits in front of a camera and reads news is not a reporter. The sooner a lot of them learn that, the better.

If the MSM is even going to be beat back into place, it has to start with the ones closest to it-the Reporters. Which, won't happen at the MSM anyway.

I'll will miss certain parts of you Ms. Brown on CNN. ;o)

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
She could come work for me. I'm pretty sure that I can find something for her to do.
cool:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
She is useless anyway, the analytical brain of a cabbage, is something you should not want on the news anyway.

All you americans should be glad. She was useless.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Olbermann used to be informative, yet he is 'Obama Shill' and has always
followed the Marxist progressive agenda. Trust No One.

The media are in league with the NWO via easy earnings through lack of ability and exist as Lucifer`s salesmen and they dont care about the news.

Notice how they have played down the Oil slick disaster, yet when it becomes a viable disaster for the NWO edict, we will get non stop coverage and it originally occured during the Satanic Calendar between
23 -30 April Beltane - AS the Luciferian power elite scum carry out evil.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
She could come work for me. I'm pretty sure that I can find something for her to do.
cool:

And give her excellent ratings I am sure! Of course, the plus side is that if you enjoy her "employment" for some amount of time and then start giving her bad ratings, she will just quit on her own!

I wonder why she is upset at CNN over her own ratings? Couldn't her show be the shining beacon on that network? Does she take any responsibility for her poor ratings? Does she have another network recruiting her for another poor show?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well she could always go to Fox where the ratings are high and they actually let their news anchors report the news and not just the next pile of government propoganda. Plus, whoever hire the news ladies at Fox has quite a thing for hot, skinny chicks. Hopefully she wont end up at MSNBC, because they will try to butch her up.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by CheeseyMonkey]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheeseyMonkey
reply to post by anon72

Well she could always go to Fox where the ratings are high and they actually let their news anchors report the news and not just the next pile of government propoganda.

uh huh...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

To be fair, she isn't claiming to be a reporter, but rather an anchor. With that being said, I pretty much agree with you that she should be giving us the news, not propaganda. I do have to admit though, I find her strangely attractive and have always had a crush on her for some reason. She's not even that pretty though I do find her incredibly sexy. I'll digress.

--airspoon

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Campbell.....who?

Is this a fictional person...never heard of her

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thats the good thing about not liking females as a male, you just ignore all the news channels want to see, like you admitted.

Best thing you could do is just listen to the news, and not watch it, you will find it is better for you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
She is laaaame since her beginning on CNN, sort of a moron. Not that I dislike CNN or her personally but her material was never any good.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
cool:

Yeah but...
How would you rate her?

On a serious note. I applaud her honesty, good for her.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
She is laaaame since her beginning on CNN, sort of a moron. Not that I dislike CNN or her personally but her material was never any good.

Too right she is rubbish, never watched any of her news coverage.

[edit on 5/19/2010 by andy1033]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see where she goes. I say this because that will speak volumes to me about who she really is and what she is about.

I noticed a few weeks ago that Miles O'Brien, another CNN alumni, is now doing investigative reporting for PBS.

Pretty much a complete reversal.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Oh No!!

I love Campbell Brown!!

She is very genuine, hard hitting and has a lot of emotion that tv viewers love to see.

=(

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I used to watch CNN everyday when Lou Dobbs was on. He wasn't exactly the model of fair and balanced, but was closer to it than the rest of what mainstream media has to offer. He was as critical of Bush as Obama and none of the current cable networks can say that about themselves.

CNN Fair and Balanced?

Fox News 100 Days of Fair and Balanced

MSNBC Keith O Bushed

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I feel you man. Problem being that the reporters will be the last to change. The CO's control the payroll, if reporters start reporting what is not on the "approved" list then they just get scribbled off the payroll. The MSM seems to reflect the government more and more as time moves forward, anyone that is capable and willing to think and act for themselves is generally reduced to less-influential positions. Politicians who run as independents can not seem to infiltrate the thick skulls of the American public and honest, truth-seeking journalists are reduced to blogs, personal websites and even ATS (we've got some very capable, competent and experienced individuals one here).

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I got sick of watching CNN a month after the election. They just drool and gaga in their pants when ever the Obamanation is mentioned.
I remember Linda Ellerbee, a commentator on CNN, and one of the best on TV. I'd stay up after work and watch her show. And So it Goes.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ha, it's Bush's fault.
I wonder if she threw a hissy fit.

I predict she will be replaced by a Mexican.

Si N N

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join