It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf of Mexico oil spill in the Loop Current

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

19 May 2010
Scientists monitoring the US oil spill with ESA’s Envisat radar satellite say that it has entered the Loop Current, a powerful conveyor belt that flows clockwise around the Gulf of Mexico towards Florida.

"With these images from space, we have visible proof that at least oil from the surface of the water has reached the current," said Dr Bertrand Chapron of Ifremer, the French Research Institute for Exploitation of the Sea.

Dr Chapron and Dr Fabrice Collard of France's CLS have been combining surface roughness and curren
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.esa.int

[edit on 19-5-2010 by alchemist2012]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well its official its in the Loop Current and to make matters worse they say the oils will become mixed in with the water due to the power of the current its forecasted to be in the florida keys in 6 days.also it is going to have a very negative impact on the fishing and tourisim indistries.This not a god scenario due to the fact that hurricane season is approaching.seems now not only the gulf coast is at risk for toxic rain now.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what happens here.. how far will it go? I have heard Savannah, GA mentioned..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I broke this story on my blog on 5/17 as soon as Jon Amos posted the satellite image.

That story is here.

http://(nolink)/2010/05/17/breaking-news-huge-amounts-oil-gulf-loop-current-heading-gulf-stream/

Its funny how the government is basically denying it is there.

[edit on 20-5-2010 by alexhiggins732]

top topics

join