It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the outrage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Why is it that everyone almost completely ignores the things that the Obama administration has done lately? If ANY other administration tried the things coming out of the Obama administration, they would be crucified, and everyone would be calling for their impeachment immediately. With the Obama administration, the only people even reporting it are Fox News.

First we have the Arizona Immigration Law debacle.

Attorney General Eric Holder is critical of the Arizona immigration bill. Yet he admitted, when pressed before Congress, that he had not actually read the bill, he had skimmed it. Yes, the top attorney for the U.S. government has not read it but opposes it anyway. And that's not all, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano admitted, also before Congress, that she has not read it, either, but added that it was not the kind of bill she would have signed when she was governor of Arizona.

www.jacksonsun.com...

They haven't even READ the law, but are ripping Arizona for passing an "unconstitutional" law.

Then we have Mr. Posner of the State Department expressing "regret" over the Arizona Immigration Law, to CHINA, after China complained about US human rights violations.

QUESTION: Did the recently passed Arizona immigration law come up? And, if so, did they bring it up or did you bring it up?

ASSISTANT SECRETARY POSNER: We brought it up early and often. It was mentioned in the first session, and as a troubling trend in our society and an indication that we have to deal with issues of discrimination or potential discrimination, and that these are issues very much being debated in our own society.

www.state.gov...

When questioned about his comments, Phillip Crowley had this to say:

But Crowley also said, “There is, as many have said, real concerns about -- that this Arizona law will inevitably devolve into racial profiling. That would be a fundamental challenge to human rights around the world.”

voices.washingtonpost.com...

Now let's move on to the SCOTUS nominee, Elena Kegan.

The White House has completely cut off access to Kegan, and her family by members of the media. When reporters were to sit in on her brothers class, and interview him (with permission from him and the school he teaches at), the White House suddenly announced they "weren't comfortable with the idea", and the school immediately pulled the plug.

When a family member of Kagan told the media that they family was debating wildly around the dinner table after the announcement, the family member suddenly told the same reporter that she was sorry, she couldn't talk to the media anymore.

The White House will traditionally put a gag (for lack of a better word) on the nominee, but this is the first time I've seen a gag put on the family and friends of a nominee. If this had been tried under the Bush administration, the media would have crucified him.

Add to this the idea that we're now not supposed to use words like "Radical Islam", "War on Terror", or "Act of Terrorism" (see Eric Holder dodging the use of those words when questioned by Congress after the Times Square incident), and I just have to wonder why people aren't up in arms over this Administration.

I was fairly indifferent to the Admin when they first began, but now I'm starting to feel pretty outraged myself about these things going on. The media is almost completely ignoring everything going on, and barely touching on other things going on. For the first time I'm starting to think that we really are losing rights under this Administration.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Because every administration is corrupt and commits crimes. Including the previous administation

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

But yet, the previous administration got crucified when they sneezed funny. This administration seems to walk on water, and the things they do barely even get talked about.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'd like to add just a couple:
1. Bowing to every foreign dignitary except the Queen of England
2. Reinstating the so-called "Patriot Act"

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I ignore it all.

All political nonsense is aimed at dividing the masses.

I especially ignore the Obama bashers, because I believe he is one of the good guys in the game. He is biding his time.

I don't think I will be eating my words, either.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Sorry, but we weren't JUST talking about Obama, though he is the POTUS.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Nothing happened to the members of the previous administration, OP. GW lives comfortably wherever , doing whatever, thinking he did a great job having created a police state in the US and having sentenced tens of thousands of innocent people to their deaths all over the world in his quest to become the greatest oil pimp that ever reigned. He never got impeached. No, impeachment was only reserved for the atrocious crime of receiving oral sex in the white house. Receiving oral sex in the white house is obviously far worse isn't it?

I feel what you are saying, but George doob la vay walks scott free. Obama will do the same most likely when his term is up.

And America will continue to idolize and even worship politicians as if they were some kind of spiritually enlightened beings or heroes of the world.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Oh I'm sure that they'll walk away scott free. But the outrage that was there over the Bush Admin over every little thing they did isn't there now. And that amazes me, because I feel like this admin is doing worse on the domestic front, and the people are treating them like they can do no wrong. I just wonder why that is, and why people aren't upset by the things they've done just in the last few weeks.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Why is it that everyone almost completely ignores the things that the Obama administration has done lately?

Honestly, I'm just all outraged out. That's what eight years of a completely fubared Bush Administration will do to you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The outrage is locked behind a fence in a designated "Free speech Zone", and is either ignored or labeled extremist by the media that is owned and controlled by TPTB, as it has been for decades.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Oh get over it, half of the news media content in the United States right now is devoted to "outrage" not because there really should be a lot of it, but because it sells ad time.

If you, OP, do not know full well that there are many voices in the media talking about such things, then you've been living under a bloody rock. I love also that your things you say their should be outrage over are exactly what the media, especially Fox News, have told you to be angry about.

Well done OP! You are playing right into the game that the Republican Party wants you to, it's all anger and no substance. Get pissed, get mobilized and then once they are back in charge get tranquilized and start spouting that we need to "support the president because he's the president" all over again.

Wake up and look at the real world!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No, the previous admin got more praise than any other I can recall.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hero Protagonist
reply to post by blujay

Sorry, but we weren't JUST talking about Obama, though he is the POTUS.

But, I was.

Now, what are you talking about, ME?

Thank you.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ok..i'll say this slowly, the law is under review from the courts...obama can't undo a state law by simply signing a paper or waving his hand. it has to go through judicial review BEFORE IT IS EVEN IMPLEMENTED......which is happening now. the law DOES NOT go into affect until i believe around the 1st of august.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe because the things that occured in Bush's era were much worse?

Then again, your thread is basically asking for people to bash on Obama, could've just said that

But, I used u all my outrage in the 8 years beginning in 2000.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well OP, you got your answer with just a few comments. Anymore questions?

To those who do not get it.

Two wars STILL.
Patriot Act reinstatement.
Cronie bailouts.
Gitmo still open.
Forced purchase of private insurance.

I could go on, but people actually equate Obama with the government.

Obama derangement syndrome.

What is FRELLING hilarious, we have the same Congress pretty much since 06. They keep thinking that Bush had the power of spending and control of the government all by himself.

Now they believe Obama is the only one in power of the whole government.

Ignorance is what I call it.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

the only people even reporting it are Fox News.

I don't understand why everyone isn't pooping their pants over what the liars said. No one else is telling that lie but the liars and nobody seems to care about the lie they told. It is weird how asleep everyone seems to this lie. There must be a conspiracy not to lie.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think most people are silently raging. They are more worried about where to find work, paying the bills, etc. As long as the MSM is maintaining their status quo, and are able to watch the Potus do all in his power to get down to the bottom of the issues in the news they feel like its being worked on.

Remember when GWB was streaked by people during his inauguration? Probably not, or maybe so, but most people have no idea that those people were out there.

The media is a great Calming force for peoples actions and thoughts, all the while serving you a viewpoint of fear, yes still fear.

Dune: "Fear is the Mind Killer."

Oh, and What about our Current POTUS getting out of the war(s)?
He just created new ones on many different levels and areas of interest.

He reads from a friggin TV screen just like everyone else does. Shame Shame Shame.

There is alot of rage, but it's being hashed out in peoples own minds. We shall see if the sleepers will awaken. My psychic side says yes, but then again, we still only have Left and Right served on a plate. For some reason we were, and still are being herded to accept this as the only choice.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

You're right. Obama is the problem, not you.
Cheers

top topics

join