It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant solar-powered yacht to circle globe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just thought I'd share my geeky excitement about a vessel that's 100% solar powered and looks pretty cool (at least in concept):

www.cnn.com...

As technology progresses, it might just be possible that in a couple of decades there will be a sizable fleet of solar ships!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This would be great for a planet that had no wind on the ocean. I really prefer sails. I bet it took a million barrels of oil to build this cool yacht.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Only when all the oil has run out will these vehicles be taken seriously.Solar and wind power is the obvious answer to all our energy needs but is still seen as a novelty,maybe one day we will see the light.A giant ball of energy hanging over our heads but still we look for dirty oil,what a joke.
www.solarnavigator.net...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just regarding the link i just posted.The irony of this solar,wind and wave ship to be transporting cars????.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
This would be great for a planet that had no wind on the ocean. I really prefer sails. I bet it took a million barrels of oil to build this cool yacht.

True! However, this is just a tech demonstrator. I also think that solar needs to be back up by a contemporary sail system, I heard they can be quite efficient. A hybrid of sorts... Would be cool to have a completely non-polluting and free-to-sail system!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Just regarding the link i just posted.The irony of this solar,wind and wave ship to be transporting cars????.

Whatever can transport cars, also can transport electric cars LOL

top topics

join