It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A long dark magnetic filament is looping around THE SUN

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
well i don;t know much about this but i did hear that a telecommunication satillite is going out of orbit,or so they say around the 23rd of may of this year,could be the reason for the television signals going haywire,the only thing they didn't say is which cable companies are going to be affected,my tv sometimes looks like when the ufo's was messing with tv signals on independance day,i guess i won't know until the 23 if it happens

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

Originally posted by Noobastronomer

Originally posted by tallcool1
reply to post by Phage

Phage - sometimes it seems that the usual sky-is-falling crowd do not want to hear mundane but true explanation of things. Thank you once again for an intelligent answer to a hysterical crowd.

"sky is falling crowd?"...nobody even stated the end of the world thing...people are just curious about what will happen(including me)...some are here to learn stuff so try not be an arrogant a**...

End of the world? Where in my quote did I say that? What I was commenting on was that Phage explained how this filament would have little, if any, effect on the Earth. To which several people blasted him for being "overconfident", "pompous and overzealous with his deflection", etc.

People in here do not want to hear the logical, likely outcome of something that is admittedly pretty cool, but will not really affect us. And my comment was not directed at you personally as it does seem to me that you are truly asking out of curiosity...still though, a few posts after mine there began the usual global awakening and 2012 crap so there's your TEOTWAWKI crowd chiming in.

Again though - my comment was not directed at you. I truly was not trying to come off as arrogant and I sincerely apologize to you if I offended you with my comment.

i get it...
we're cool

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
latest: For the fourth day in a row, a dark magnetic filament is bisecting the sun's northeastern quadrant it is literally the biggest thing on the face of our star. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory has a good view of the structure

www.youtube.com...

The 2-hour time lapse movie recorded around 0600 UT on May 20th shows relatively cool plasma flowing through the filament's magnetic walls

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
lol...another thread with the same topic has been posted....upppp

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join