It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By the end of this year u won't recognize this country!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Richard Russell says that by the end of this year u won't recognize this country!

Do your friends a favor. Tell them to "batten down the hatches" because there's a HARD RAIN coming. Tell them to get out of debt and sell anything they can sell (and don't need) in order to get liquid. Tell them that Richard Russell says that by the end of this year they won't recognize the country.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com... oVC

“When an 86 year old guy who has been writing about the markets for 50+ years tells you something, it pays to listen.”

Richard Russell Is 3500 Dow Points Too Bullish
stock-index-options-alert.blogspot.com...

I couldn't find this through a search and I thought some of you might be interested.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Which country are you referring to?

Because the UK heading for hell now that the fake Tory government has conned its way into parliament.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I read this on the Daily Crux this morning. This guy knows his stuff. I think he is waiting for China's real estate market to collapse soon, which will cause lots of bad things, as they are in essence the Bank. In other words, you ain't seen nothin' yet. But Russell is really reiterating what a lot of other investors and economists have been saying. Even Volcker is now saying we don't have much time. Best do your Christmas shopping early!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
Richard Russell says that by the end of this year u won't recognize this country!

Why? Are ye guys going to get rid of the Statue of Liberty, Empire State and Golden Gate Bridge?

I suppose it is true that without them, it would be hard to recognize the US..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The science fiction works that showed the US living in an impovrished state were right. Our luxuries have destroyed our living conditions. Our technology has eaten our culture and soul.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Heck, I don't recognize it now - let alone the end of the year! In fact, I probably won't recognize it for what it was intended to be ever in my life!

No offense to those of you holding out hope that things will get better, but I am hoping that the whole darned thing simply collapses.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm off to get a mohawk hairdo and some football pads. I wonder how hard it would be to install a crossbow turret in the sunroof of my car. No, I'm not seeking to cast aspersions on the OP's research, as I agree that we're headed for a Mad Max style dystopian future. However, If I'm gonna have to be a techno-barbarian in order to survive, I'm gonna do it all the way!!!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Heck, I don't recognize it now - let alone the end of the year! In fact, I probably won't recognize it for what it was intended to be ever in my life!

No offense to those of you holding out hope that things will get better, but I am hoping that the whole darned thing simply collapses.

You are right the current state of America does need to collaspe, we our ROME. But if you have ever heard of Alinsky this is there plan, its not going to be pretty.

link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Originally posted by liveandletlive

Why? Are ye guys going to get rid of the Statue of Liberty, Empire State and Golden Gate Bridge?

I suppose it is true that without them, it would be hard to recognize the US..

congrats on adding a first graders opinion worth of info to this topic....

Obviously land marks will be here..

And obviously you are a smart ass...I am too sometimes so I can see it...

I think he means the way thinks work and function within our country will be STARTING to change within the year....

Will be prob 2012 ( i hate to use that just to us it ), when everything " happens" from last year until then has been a "phase" implemented into the world that will lead to whatever is going to happen...

Nothing is " going " to happen though.., but a few THINGS ( plural ) could happen..

AS in we somewhat make our own outcome.....The worst of the worst could happen if we just let it happen.....

We could be proactive and do something and maybe a slightly altered outcome will occur which would shape our future differently ....

We have many futures....and the outcomes up until that point kind of direct us to which one we follow...

So basically if we do nothing....then all hell will break lose..

I'm sure as it gets closer actions will be taken to prevent total destruction of our country...but I have a feeling things will be different..

Different does not always have to be bad though....

link   

Originally posted by Durant

Because the UK heading for hell now that the fake Tory government has conned its way into parliament.

With all due respect, it was Labour who decided to print money like it was Monopoly cash, borrow us into a hole and bail out the banks like we were a fascist nation.
And, it was Flash Gordon who sold our Gold when it was at the lowest value!

So, what was that about the Tory govt. (the one that was voted in, BTW)

I hate them all with equal measure, but lets tell the truth here when talking about our UK government.

And OP, the guy is right. When will people wake up?
The entire system is far too complex for any person to fully control. And those who are in power saying everything is fine, none of them saw any of this coming, so why are they still in their jobs and how can we trust a word any of them say?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am just curious, when he said that did he really spell you "U"? Or was that your interpretation?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hmm Illigal immigration as a nation's gdp. Now that can only happen on the border of the USA.

Will he declare war when we close the border. I, for one, will be a volunteer state imigration enforcer here in Arizona. That is if they can use a former marine.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I already don't recognize it, this is not the same America I grew up in where I could order a new rifle through the sears catalogue and have it show up at my door. Where I could didn't have to have auto insurance or house insurance or need permission to build a house etc, etc. etc.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

Over two years ago when the start of the markets crisis it was plenty of older generation financial experts that predicted this one to become the worst depression in the US and around the world.

The younger generation and hopeful investors went against the older financial experts and predicted that this was nothing but a "Market correction."

For what is happening in this nation in my years as a voting adult since the 1978 this America of today have nothing even close of the American I grew up with.

I still trust the older financial experts over any wet nose younger one any time. . .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durant

You know what I find astonishing is that EVERY single example of a country cutting debt before genuine recovery, enters double dip recession and the second is worst than the first! All I can think of to explain the Tories stupidity in this is that none of them ever read a history book or their ideology blinds them. Oh dear screwed by the 36% who voted / 25% of those eligible!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think a lot of people in the big cities are going to lose their minds. Or, should I say, a lot MORE. This will not be pleasant to watch.
The food situation is going to be horrible if the economy collapses. I don't see any way around the fact that it HAS to collapse.
If you are able-bodied, unemployed, and want to get out of the city, check out:
www.wwoof.org...
People will be flocking to the countryside at some point. If you get there now, plant some roots, you can get to know the folks that are prepared.
They are going to be there.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I am just curious, when he said that did he really spell you "U"? Or was that your interpretation?

Sorry it took a while to answer. I put the "u" in the title. Because it help shorten the title. Not by much...but... Ok I dont know why but I did it!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I couldn’t agree with you more. I grew up in the same generation. What’s happening now was more along the line of science fiction then. As it all unfolds I am more and more shocked that its actually becoming reality.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Stewie, we are already here, I know I for one am happy to make new acquaintances who might be helpful in the coming days. But remember, those of us who are already here, wont just let you in the door, your going to have to prove your worth. Getting out of the cities now is all well and good, but bring some skills bro. By that I dont mean gun toting gansta crap, you pull that crap in this part of the country they'll drop you 50 yards before you ever get to the front gate.

on another note: the America I grew up in is no longer in existence. I noted another poster mention that they were shocked at whats happening, Im not shocked, because I knew from paying attention what was coming, but I am terrified of the end result, and what its going to do to us as we inch our way toward the final outcome.

Something all must remember, being scared and terrified, doesnt mean we will slink away to hide, it means we become fiercer in our fight for freedom.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sen Dodd & his pack of paid off legislators have just voted down the first attempt to reign in the fat cat banksters

the too-big-to fail stigma is allowed to continue
the unregulated & naked shorts are allowed to continue
the flimsy 'oversight' ammendment was also defeated

in all 4 areas that are at least addressing the knife-at-the-throat
situation (condoned by paid off) legislators will be the status-quo

there are some Ahole leislators, i wont point out the OK senator,
that explain that they are against any reform - because the reform is not 'complete enough'
what horrifying BS

no, thats why newbies were on the winners circle this midweek...
because their idea is to change-things-as-you-can --- instead of the BS 'holding-out' (that the friggin liars contend) for a more comprehensive bill/measure that corrects the ills that confront the nations' financial crisis

I Ask.... should one allow the toes, fingers, ears, noses of the victims to be lopped off.................. while seemingly negotiating for the 'Life' of the victim ?? Frig no! One should try to stop the hostage from being mangled to death at the get-go.... and negotiate for a better deal Later !...

Osborne from OK is (among others) such a compromiser, his rationalizations do not stand the test of logic...
the jerk
(among many other wafflers) has a basis in getting for himself as much-as-he-can & damn the constituents... hell theres another 59 other butt kissers that have their own agenda that holds precidence over the voters that elected them to office...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join