It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why had anti-terrorist measures failed after 9 long years?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Why had anti-terrorist measures failed?

Since 911, we were led to believe that by surrendering our inalienable rights to form the Homeland Security Act, terrorism could be stopped in its track. The police and protection agencies were give extra-ordinary rights, over and above what was normally acceptable to the public to stop terrorism.

Yet today, terrorism still exists. HSA HAD TAKENED, USED OUR LIBERTIES AND FAILED!!!

We were led to believe that if we were willing to sacrifice our young and courageous sons and daughters to fight the war against terrorism, it will then no longer exist.

Yet today, terrorism still exists. THE MILITARY HAD TAKENED, USED OUR YOUNGS AND HAD FAILED!!

For almost a decade, we were led to believe that we must support anti-terrorism measures, through both the economic and social realms, terrorism can be eradicated. Otherwise, why should mankind sacrifice our rights and lives?

Yet today, terrorism still exists. What the hell are our world's best and brightest, who could drill a hole undersea and tap the wealth below, control a rover on Mars, making money out of thin air, murder unarmed protesting men, women and children in broad daylight in public view, and yet cannot find a win win solution to the radical islamic agenda?!!!!

And worse, because we had surrendered those rights to the authorities, and they, now empowered, have the fullest authority to labet just about anyone who speaks out against them as a terrorist!!!

What the hell is going on????

Why are we still empowering these incompetent failures with more rights and powers? Why is there no check and balance investigations on cases of terrorism as to if it was genuine or false flag events?

Why the social engineering to keep the masses in fear so that they would surrender their rights for security, when those provided security had NOT done their job right and complete years ago?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Umm, maybe because under the new administration such policies were going to be abandoned and no more interrogations to get a step ahead of the planners of terrorism. Just a hunch....a real good hunch.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I have been a fan of ATS now for almost a year, and only now am I writing my first post...

This is in my opinion the most important issue right now with the United States. I say that because while there are tea parties and sex scandals and health bills to keep MSM and masses busy busy, this issue by definition is tacking liberties away from individual citizens while at the same time sending those citizens families off to war to fight for the right to be able to have our rights which they are taking away. Sound a little confusing? Well it’s supposed to but it’s really simple in concept. Instill fear and they will give up their privacy, but instill terror and they will give you their freedom.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fear_Fear

Thanks for your well thought out reply and others as well.

I fully agree with you. But what else do they want that we can possibly give away? Our children's lives already signed to the military. Our pledge already to support always anti terrorists measures.

Shall we sign a bond of enslavement by ourselves as well as on behalf our next generations as well to our new masters - not to question, not to ask, just accept crumbs from their table, grovel before them, even though they had proven themselves incompetent, in order to be spared of the supposed or presumed radical islamic menace that had plague us for an insane 9 years?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We have created more terrorists than we have killed. The plan has always been to incite the people with the oilfields to attack.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Most likely because many are still calling Islamic Jihad "terrorism".

The problem is Islamic Jihad carried out by muslim warriors NOT "terrorism".

Until this fact is accepted, "terror" will continue to be a mysterious, unstoppable force.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The killings had gotten us nowhere. Perhaps it is time for some new thinking and perceptions to end the radical Islamic nonsense, or the use of it to further hidden agendas?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Jihad? Murder of innocents against even muslims? This is islam, the theology of peace and evolution from the Prophet Mohammed, blessed be His name?

C'mon, get real, will ya?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
hi
There are a lot of unanswered questions in the official 9/11 report from the government. It may be a hundred years before the truth is told, if ever ... it may be from aid to israel. sadam hinsane. (dont know last name)
i saw a letter he sent to bush on the internet. it had somthing to do with when america droped the atom bomb on japan. giving that as part of the reason for 9/11. another reason may be the united states threat to shut down the drug trade in afghanastan. there must be a reason or more then one reason and its a fact uncle sam knows i dont know why myself or what people was told. have you heard of islams 4 methods of conversion to islam. i think one is talk the other i dont know the third a warning the fourth by the sword. or death if you dont convert.. and i saw somthing on the news a few years back of a tape from bin laden. who was pointing to a page in there qurin. somthing about the towers in the west. this tape was played on the news. like we still dont know the real reasons for wars ww1 ww2 nam. and i say hey our kids are dieing for you we got the right to know why. like why did hitler do it. war is stupid and maybe dont need a good reason. and somthings got to be done i posted a thread about the history of wars involving america. from ww1 to today every generation goes to war gets killd or goes home. by that it says every yung kid from 5 to 7 grows past 18 years old and ends up in a war. so somthin has been wrong from the beginning. and no one knows what it is because uncle sam dont tell us every thing.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
Most likely because many are still calling Islamic Jihad "terrorism".

The problem is Islamic Jihad carried out by muslim warriors NOT "terrorism".

Until this fact is accepted, "terror" will continue to be a mysterious, unstoppable force.

do you know what is ment by jihad.. looks like you dont.. muslems been jihading from the dark ages. jihad back then ment a order from this mohamid chatacter to kill all who dont convert when and where you can.
as for unstopable force. they dont have any specail target. they kill just anyone.. you me the dish washer just because were american. we dont do that. thats why there still there.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
They can't blow up their shoe,
they can't blow up their underwear,
they can't blow up their SUV in Times Square,

but on 911 they got amazing Hollywood, unbelievably lucky?

Does this really add up to people?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
yeah remember that airline steward. she jumped right on that terrorist risking her life that saved everyone on that plain. she is my kind of woman. she was realy brave. and another thing terrorist lack.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It's because the USA is trying to have a war with something with no defined physical presence. Terrorists arn't a defined group, they are perpetrators of acts designed to bring their cause to the attention of a wide audience to make them afraid. Now what the USA is really trying to fight its Islamic fundamentalism. To fight something like this conventional military doesnt work, terrorists don't have a state with borders you can invade to stop, the USA is trying to fight a conventional war against an unconventional force. The fact is terrorism in the USA is more a police/law enforcement issue, while trying to stop it overseas is a intelligence issue, not one for the military to be going in with.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Because the US government fails at many things it tries.

The was on drugs is a perfect parallel example.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
it is a fake war.

a tool to introduce words that are encrypted and encoded that you we choose not always recognize consciously.

"they" utilize the way our brains work (it's a bitch to admit some may know some aspects of you better than you know some aspects of yourself.

enjoy the globalization ride, united nations' social engineering.
enjoy having intelligent life on earth for a change.
enjoy perfecting the art of putting the timelines back together ...

anagrams:
DIRECTIVE: ACT MENTAL
TIME TRAVEL ACCIDENT
(sideeffects /results of project apatheosis, u.n.s' directives) but, i see no one to blame, no guilt, no shame.

coincidence?

sounds like science fiction?

star trek capt wi
patrick stewart

can't be true?

tetrahedra pi gym
the great pyramid

where god is:
gee, words! Hi!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Why had anti-terrorist measures failed after 9 long years?

because your expectations prevent you from acknowledging and recognizing what is really going on?

because you believe absolutley that your military members are that incompitent? But, what do you expect when the only basis for reference you choose to use is what you know of your own self?

Because american freedom is defined by enforcing by force a system of government that has more manditory expectations (laws) than any baby can live long enough to learn?

Because american leadership and lawmakers combined, locked up in one building with everything they need can't write down the existing laws word for word before dying, yet expect every member of america to abide by them?

Because americans hate their young?
why else would you introduce a life into a world where it will never feel at home?

friends and family do not tell fiends and family that there are so many rules to the game of life, you will never live long enough to abide, or learn them all?

dear jury, if none of you talk to me or treat me like a family member of a friend, then how in the hell can you actually make me believe you are a peer of mine?

because social engineering and your current opinion are having some difficulties finding compliance with reality.

control verses control. enjoy the ride.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Once the civilized nations, not just America, realize that we are fighting a religious war; then things can happen.

The radical muslim is willing to kill whatever victim he/she can find. Doesn't matter if the victim is civilian or military in nature. What these terrorists really know is that the civilized world is politically correct and will not do what really needs to be done.

There are just two choices, and only two choices. People just don't understand this simple answer. Remember, these people have no problem killing you.

You just have to kill all of them. Like the good old fashioned olden days. You kill everyone and have no future problems with that group.

The people we are fighting want to go back to the sixth century. This is the mindset we need to fight. You will not win the hearts and souls of these people by bringing Democracy or women's rights. They just need to be dead.

After 9 years, new technology and rights stripped from citizens haven't worked for one basic reason. They don't play by our rules. A satellite is great for listening to cellphones or radio signals in general. They don't hear voice conversations between people just talking. Using the old technology of the sixth century, has prevailed over modern technology. No digital footprints leaves the modern world blind.

This isn't an American issue. Russia and China are having their own Islamic terrorist problems. All of Europe is having Islamic terrorist problems. You see, it is a civilized nation problem.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Because violence only begets more violence. All interpersonal conflicts escalate until one party has the sense to forgive, or until each consumes the other and themselves in their vindictiveness.

All these "security" measures at airports and such are irrelevant. The only thing they do is require the bad guys to be a little more clever next time.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
1)TERRORIST is theoretical and a blanket term. It can never be stopped, because it doesnt actually exist. It is a label, nothing more.

2)They dont really want these measures to succeed.

3)Most of these measures have been more about clamping down on the american people than it is about stopping the mythical terrorists.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

Easily the most disgusting, xenophobic, ignorant, and downright foolish post I have ever read on this site.

Congrats!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join